Hello There, Guest! Register

I'm quitting my job today...
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-18-2008, 10:25 AM

Why you may ask?  Well this site is partially to blame.  Here is where I come while I am at work to forget that I am at work for a bit.  Now the policy here is not to be on the computer (although secretaries and attorneys get to surf their hearts desire) but the work here is so easy and I have so much downtime I just find myself here.

Well my cunt of a co-worker decided to look through the sites I have been going to (how she managed this when I cleared the history is beyond me.  She isn't very tech savy either).  And apparently she found some sort of post of mine that was threatening to my work place.  Now I would have to say that I haven't said anything bad at all on these forums, or anything close to being threatening.  The only thing I can remember is when Caf mentioned posting Goatsees on the desktop must be very tempting for me and I responded that I might do it later (how is that threatening?).

Regardless she called me about it from the receptionists desk (Yeah the bitch gets to cover for the receptionist while she is out, which means she only works for a good 6 hours a day when I work a full day) and talked to me about it saying that she can't trust me and either she will leave or I will leave, otherwise I better do what she says.

So in light of being blackmailed and the stupid bitches tyrranical mentality, I believe I am going to just leave today and let the dumb cunt go solo.

However, my question to you good people is how should I leave?  I have to at least write my boss an e-mail before I head out but should I leave a little *note* for Susan as well or just tell her to piss off right when I walk out?
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

04-18-2008, 10:33 AM

when she's out of the office go to 2 girls one cup on her computer and leave it up where you boss can see it.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-18-2008, 10:33 AM

Honestly, you shouldn't burn any bridges with the attorney's and stuff.  But feel free to take the chick to the cleaners in your letter of resignation.  Nothing immature or out of line.  Just write a polite note saying that you deserve more respect than to be spied on and blackmailed by your co-workers and would rather not work in that kind of environment.  You appreciate the work etc etc.

You might have to leave but you can make her life miserable by ousting her.  You just have to play it right, plus if needed you should keep your boss etc in good standing for a reference or whatever.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Write your boss the story in full and be completely honest and tell her she's blackmailing you. That should make her easily the office pariah if not get her fired.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Surf314

04-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Also I'm pretty sure you have to register for the board to read the posts?

Surf314

04-18-2008, 10:35 AM

(04-18-2008, 10:34 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Write your boss the story in full and be completely honest and tell her she's blackmailing you. That should make her easily the office pariah if not get her fired.

Agreed

fyre
BRB, Posting

04-18-2008, 10:41 AM

(04-18-2008, 10:34 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Write your boss the story in full and be completely honest and tell her she's blackmailing you. That should make her easily the office pariah if not get her fired.

What he said. Blackmail is not cool.

And yeah, don't do anything immature that you might regret later when you need a reference.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2008, 10:42 AM by fyre.)
Tragic Hero

04-18-2008, 11:38 AM

(04-18-2008, 10:41 AM)fyre link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=143.msg3298#msg3298 date=1208532855]
Write your boss the story in full and be completely honest and tell her she's blackmailing you. That should make her easily the office pariah if not get her fired.

And yeah, don't do anything immature that you might regret later when you need a reference.
[/quote]

I wasn't going to do anything too immature, just possibly e-mail the whole office my resignation letter letting everyone know first hand of how much of a bitch my coworker is.  But I don't think im going to go for them for a letter of recommendation or a reference anyways, at least not to my main boss. 
Surf314

04-18-2008, 11:40 AM

(04-18-2008, 11:38 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: [quote author=fyre link=topic=143.msg3309#msg3309 date=1208533270]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=143.msg3298#msg3298 date=1208532855]

[/quote]

I wasn't going to do anything too immature, just possibly e-mail the whole office my resignation letter letting everyone know first hand of how much of a bitch my coworker is.  But I don't think im going to go for them for a letter of recommendation or a reference anyways, at least not to my main boss. 
[/quote]

Trust me, office gossip will get it spread around.

exanimo

04-18-2008, 12:12 PM

She's just as guilty as you for going on the computer herself.  Tell everyone, write emails, etcetera, what those guys said.
WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

04-18-2008, 12:36 PM

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Pzic0LRVs

Do the first prank with all the icons xD thats prolly too much, but I would do it cause Im an ass Big Grin

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

Neonie

04-18-2008, 01:55 PM

If you leave GIVE ME YOUR JOB! >Sad
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

04-18-2008, 02:03 PM

You could reverse-blackmail her.  Failing that, just tell the boss.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-18-2008, 02:09 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufie

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-18-2008, 03:07 PM

(04-18-2008, 10:25 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Why you may ask?  Well this site is partially to blame.  Here is where I come while I am at work to forget that I am at work for a bit.

I guess I should be happy that I negatively impacted someone's life so significantly. Tongue

Um, I'd recommend against outright quitting, at least for now. Definitely talk to your supervisor, as well as hers if they're different people. If you do talk to this woman again, keep detailed records of what was said. Heck, I'd even recommending recording anything she says to you. If she actually is blackmailing you it's definitely in your best interests to collect evidence. Might not count as any evidence and might actually be illegal, but I think it's a good trade off to cover your ass.

Any good boss/company will take an allegation of blackmail VERY seriously and will look into it. Heck, you might actually get her fired, making her the one who'll need to look for another job instead of you. ^_^

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Tragic Hero

04-18-2008, 03:54 PM

(04-18-2008, 03:07 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: I guess I should be happy that I negatively impacted someone's life so significantly. Tongue

Hah, don't flatter yourself sir, you didn't negatively impact my life at all Big Grin

Anyways, what I did was just write my boss a long resignation letter of how shitty of a co-worker this woman is and about the blackmailing and all the other nasty comments she has made in the past.  Then I sent letters to all my friends at the place about why I am leaving and whos fault it was.  Then I pretty much just walked out. 

I know it wasn't the most mature thing to do but I've been at plenty of other jobs to see how this would pan out:  Susan would deny the blackmailing and spin it any other way and then either both of us would get replaced or I would have most likely got replaced regardless since I am a temp there and since I was accusing people of such things they would just replace me with another temp.

The only reason I liked my way was that now they are short handed out of nowhere and they know who is to blame when everyones work is slowed down and productivity is fucked in the office.  Plus from what I have heard from other Xerox workers was that they hate the account that I was working and this was evident that I was the 5th temp there in the span of 8 months and I was the longest lasting.  So now they are up shit creek and Susan the bitch has to pretty much work 8am to 7pm since they are short handed.

Granted I can only now use them as a reference in certain situations but to call the stupid bitch on her empty threats and leave her struggling by herself brings me much satisfaction.  Plus if word of her blackmailing me gets around like it should then shes going to have other problems as well.
Vandamguy

04-19-2008, 08:51 PM

wall of text said you have more time for titanq uest now
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-20-2008, 12:56 AM

Ah, well if it's a temp job then it's not so big a deal if you leave. I was thinking it was a permanent position or something.

Still good to hear you more or less left on good terms with the people that matter. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Kor
Crits = Skill

04-20-2008, 08:16 AM

Susan sounds likes she needs some rough sex; just to bring her down a notch.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-20-2008, 11:55 AM

(04-20-2008, 08:16 AM)Kor link Wrote: Susan sounds likes she needs some rough sex; just to bring her down a notch.

Stick it in her pooper (semi-NSFW)

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel