Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What are we playing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FOF
22.22%
4 22.22%
DIPRIP
0%
0 0%
Zombies Panic!
11.11%
2 11.11%
Zombie Master
27.78%
5 27.78%
Natural Selection
38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Obscure HL Mod Thursday 4/24
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-24-2008, 03:29 AM

Also, I nominate Dystopia for future Thunder Drunk Thursdays™. Very cool game, though it has a huge learning curve.

The Youtube Trailer

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 03:34 AM by copulatingduck.)
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-24-2008, 08:28 AM

(04-24-2008, 02:34 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=Yashoki link=topic=140.msg4101#msg4101 date=1209008035]
Natural Selection has to be one of my favorite games. I'm totally up for playing it on Thursday.

Big Grin

Natural Selection here we come! Hopefully it will be good enough that we can repeat it, I wouldn't want Surf to miss out. Though I suppose it's only a HL1 mod, Surf, did you say you had some kind of generic machine kicking around? Mayhaps it would run NS tomorrow?
[/quote]

I would love to, but work has been kicking my ass lately.  I didn't get home till 10 last night.  I need to hook it up online and I have some issues with that.  Basically I had to move my router downstairs to my coat closet.  Which means I now have wireless.  But upstairs is where my desktop is and it does not have wireless.  I can't afford a wireless card until I start getting paid on this work I'm doing.  But I do have an extra cable modem...but they tell me I can't run two at once without signing up for it and I don't know how much that is.  So odds are running about 20% I'll make it.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
copulatingduck

04-24-2008, 08:33 AM

(04-24-2008, 08:28 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=copulatingduck link=topic=140.msg4122#msg4122 date=1209022441]
[quote author=Yashoki link=topic=140.msg4101#msg4101 date=1209008035]
Natural Selection has to be one of my favorite games. I'm totally up for playing it on Thursday.

Big Grin

Natural Selection here we come! Hopefully it will be good enough that we can repeat it, I wouldn't want Surf to miss out. Though I suppose it's only a HL1 mod, Surf, did you say you had some kind of generic machine kicking around? Mayhaps it would run NS tomorrow?
[/quote]

I would love to, but work has been kicking my ass lately.  I didn't get home till 10 last night.  I need to hook it up online and I have some issues with that.  Basically I had to move my router downstairs to my coat closet.  Which means I now have wireless.  But upstairs is where my desktop is and it does not have wireless.  I can't afford a wireless card until I start getting paid on this work I'm doing.  But I do have an extra cable modem...but they tell me I can't run two at once without signing up for it and I don't know how much that is.  So odds are running about 20% I'll make it.
[/quote]

Sad

Well, I've played it and it was a refreshing break from TF2, so odds are it will be popular enough to play again at some point. Besides, despite the fact that there are dozens and dozens of HL mods, not so many are very good. This one is.

EDIT: To everybody else: Don't hate me if I don't show tonight. I woke up at 7pm last night, and right now I'm at work until 1pm (EST), so I'm gonna have to catch a nap at some point today. Odds are that I will not wake up before 9pm (I sleep like a rock).  :'(

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 08:36 AM by copulatingduck.)
exanimo

04-24-2008, 08:35 AM

I remember playing Dystopia ... I killed myself over and over again a lot.
Will we be starting with some combat, or natural selection maps?
copulatingduck

04-24-2008, 08:37 AM

(04-24-2008, 08:35 AM)exanimo link Wrote: I remember playing Dystopia ... I killed myself over and over again a lot.
Will we be starting with some combat, or natural selection maps?

No idea. What do you suggest? I'm guessing combat would help people pick up the basics.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314

04-24-2008, 12:27 PM

OK I doubt I'll make it but NS is the winner.  Everyone that can play meet in vent about 8.  I think duck is running a private server for us so he will post the info.  Otherwise just crash an empty pub with good ping.

Those that cant play NS will be playing Zombie Master.  You will have to crash a pub.  A quick note, this game can be really fun or really not depending on who the zombie master is.  If you are crashing a pub, even if it is empty you will attract a lot of regulars.  My advice is to try not to be the ZM, someone will be there that is a good one and you should have fun.

A quick note on pub crashing, many of these mods have a tightly knit following, as they are obscure mods.  So the don't be a douche rule applies x2.  Be on polite guest mode, we dont want to get a bad rep as we will be doing this every thursday.  They should be happy with us though for the most part as we always seem to jumpstart dead servers  ;D

Hopefully there will be a good crowd out since Caff pimped us in his post and we got some more Dtoiders and whatnot around the forums.  If anyone wants to make a cblog post for this feel free, but make sure you include the bit about being a polite guest.  The absolute last thing we need is to piss off a server admin in one of these mods.  I doubt there will be problems, but I'd like for it to be made clear just in case.  We don't want to come off as an asshole clique.  (I can't make the post cuz my comp is dead, and this is a work comp I am borrowing, and I should be working now Sad)

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Oh fuck, I remember playing Dystopia in January '06. That game was awesome.

copulatingduck

04-24-2008, 05:47 PM

Ok, so whenever people get the game loaded up, you can add the following address to your favorites and that should bring the privates server up:

captainmorgan.mit.edu

If you have any problems, you can message me on steam, or just join the game via one of your friends. For now, I will be in the Co-op Bop ventrillo channel, so pop in there whenever you're ready and give us all a heads up. For now we're on TF2, but we'll move over to NS sometime tonight. Also, as a last note, if I got a while without responding and the server dies, just go. I've been awake since 7pm EST yesterday; I'm tired, I'm drunk, and I'll probably pass out at some point tonight. Hopefully it will be AFTER this is all said and done with though.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 06:31 PM by copulatingduck.)
fyre
BRB, Posting

04-24-2008, 07:04 PM

Anyone want to play FoF for a bit?
Yashoki
N00b

04-24-2008, 07:11 PM

To bring up an earlier game, The Ship is an AMAZING game, in it's pure form it's a very fun game and plays like Clue on meth. I dont play it at all anymore since many servers want to play the game like HLBig GrinM
Geoff
Real World Azn

04-24-2008, 09:49 PM

What will next week be?  I totally lacked to provide this week, cause I don't have HL1: Steamsh version

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Yashoki
N00b

04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

I would actually like some more NS nights, because tonight, even though we had a low attendance, was alot of fun.
exanimo

04-25-2008, 02:20 AM

Sorry I wasn't there, got caught up in some Tit - an quest.
Surf314

04-25-2008, 07:15 AM

(04-24-2008, 07:11 PM)Yashoki link Wrote: To bring up an earlier game, The Ship is an AMAZING game, in it's pure form it's a very fun game and plays like Clue on meth. I dont play it at all anymore since many servers want to play the game like HLBig GrinM

I really want to play The Ship, I also really want to play NS, I also want my damned computer back from the shop so I can play!

If they wipe my hard drive I swear I'm going to track them down, and when they least expect it give them a swift kick in the nuts.

copulatingduck

04-25-2008, 02:00 PM

(04-25-2008, 07:15 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Yashoki link=topic=140.msg4206#msg4206 date=1209082269]
To bring up an earlier game, The Ship is an AMAZING game, in it's pure form it's a very fun game and plays like Clue on meth. I dont play it at all anymore since many servers want to play the game like HLBig GrinM

I really want to play The Ship, I also really want to play NS, I also want my damned computer back from the shop so I can play!

If they wipe my hard drive I swear I'm going to track them down, and when they least expect it give them a swift kick in the nuts.
[/quote]

I would love to try both of these. The Ship - in its proper form - sounds pretty fricking cool. Many thanks to those who showed last night, and the rest of you phail (except Surf, who already has an excuse). Many thumbs up to Yash for trying to teach the newbies how to play the game. It was a lot more complicated than I thought, but really fun once we learned a bit. Also, boo on Spore for constantly being the ginormous fucking rape class, whether it be human or alien.

If we do go with The Ship, would everyone have to buy a copy? I think it's $20 on Steam, but at the moment, between buying a new headset, a shopping cart full of beer, and a new phone, my pockets, they are not so full.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Yashoki
N00b

04-25-2008, 04:40 PM

I have a guest pass for the ship. So I could have that out if we wanted to. Maybe Duck or something if he decides to put up the server.
The ship is an amazing game and people should support the developer anyway. Tongue