Hello There, Guest! Register

MUSIC: TF2 Übercharged Remix
JasenTamiia
Got beated

05-14-2008, 10:07 PM

I just finished making a techno/thing remix of "playing with danger" from the startup theme of Team Fortress 2.
You can download it here: http://blackspiremedia.net/jasentamiia/f...harged.mp3
Took me about a whole day to make from scratch, there are no MIDI versions of any valve song so I mostly emulated the notes by ear. (which wasnt to hard on this particular song) 18 hours later I have it finished and uploaded and everything!

Please tell me what you think! ^^;

"When In Doubt, Walk Real Fast Out!"
-John Freeman, Gordon Freeman's Brother;
  "Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences"
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-14-2008, 10:18 PM

(05-14-2008, 10:07 PM)JasenTamiia link Wrote: I just finished making a techno/thing remix of "playing with danger" from the startup theme of Team Fortress 2.
Took me about a whole day to make from scratch, there are no MIDI versions of any valve song so I mostly emulated the notes by ear. (which wasnt to hard on this particular song) 18 hours later I have it finished and uploaded and everything!

<3

Sweet, a forum poster with talent! How much have you studied music to put that together?

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-14-2008, 10:27 PM

I though it was pretty cool. The piano sound is a little dinky, if you can afford it and have a machine that can handle it, I'd recommend the EastWest Bosendorfer 275. One of the best vst pianos out there. A little reverb on the piano as well. Maybe beef up the lead synth a bit with a second take or chorus effect, a little flange, and a multi-band compressor. The drums could use a tad of processing. Not liking the ride cymbals that come in at about 1/4 through, it might be cool to leave them out and go right into the cymbal crashes. Aside from that I think the mix sounds great. Good job!  ;D

JasenTamiia
Got beated

05-14-2008, 11:39 PM

(05-14-2008, 10:18 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=JasenTamiia link=topic=294.msg6958#msg6958 date=1210820847]
I just finished making a techno/thing remix of "playing with danger" from the startup theme of Team Fortress 2.

<3

Sweet, a forum poster with talent! How much have you studied music to put that together?
[/quote]

Well I havent actually Studied music, at least not formally. . .but I have been working on digital music on my computer since 2004. . .
You can check out my first and second "albums" Here: <salespitch>
1: Experimental Testing - http://www.blackspiremedia.net/music/jas...ptest.html
2: Stereophonic Oblivion - http://www.blackspiremedia.net/music/jas...index.html

These two werent very good, maybe a couple were neat, but I didnt make any real progress until about a few months ago when I released "Sinus Rhythm" under my T. E. MIDNIGHT name. I just submitted a new album titled "SPECTRUM" that should be live in some online music stores in July this year. . .I also have another one in the works right now. . .
</salespitch>

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-15-2008, 12:06 AM

Pretty neat remix, Mission was on the dot, just needs a little tweaking

Edit: Oh shit inspiration, can you do a remix involving kor's spoken voice and the words 'point' 'get on it' 'get the fuck on it' 'fuck' and 'Christ almighty you failures'

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2008, 12:17 AM by CaffeinePowered.)
exanimo

05-15-2008, 12:24 AM

Don't forget "Fucking cunt".
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

05-15-2008, 12:34 AM

(05-15-2008, 12:06 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Pretty neat remix, Mission was on the dot, just needs a little tweaking

Edit: Oh shit inspiration, can you do a remix involving kor's spoken voice and the words 'point' 'get on it' 'get the fuck on it' 'fuck' and 'Christ almighty you failures'

Win - and - God.  Win and God.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-15-2008, 12:34 AM

(05-15-2008, 12:06 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Pretty neat remix, Mission was on the dot, just needs a little tweaking

:o

DO WANT!

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
JasenTamiia
Got beated

05-15-2008, 08:27 AM

Yes I can. get me some audio files of that and ill get right on it!

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

05-15-2008, 01:07 PM

What you need to do is make a remix of all the dumb ass regulars together, and it could be our theme song XD we could even make it into a music video

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

Neonie

05-15-2008, 01:12 PM

Haha that's pretty awsome man.
JasenTamiia
Got beated

05-15-2008, 01:39 PM

OK I fixed it up a bit with some of your suggestions. . .
Except the voice clips, I havent any of them yet so ill make a separate version when I can get my hands on some X3

You can download it here: http://blackspiremedia.net/jasentamiia/f...ged_v2.mp3

I added a few things, removed a few things, changed things. . .its significantly different than what it was before. . .

So how about it?

BTW If you can send me some well-sampled files of voice files of you guys on the servers that would be awesome ^^

Vandamguy

05-15-2008, 04:08 PM

you can do the recordings too Smile

just record a demo then , replay it as a movie. Source will make a .wav file with all the noises from in game and voice chat
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-15-2008, 06:20 PM

The new version sounds pretty wicked, my only suggestion is to take the reverb on the lead down a bit, it creates a kind of wash over the mix that just doesn't sit right. The reverb level on the background synth is killer though. What software and instruments do you use?

JasenTamiia
Got beated

05-15-2008, 06:52 PM

(05-15-2008, 06:20 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: The new version sounds pretty wicked, my only suggestion is to take the reverb on the lead down a bit, it creates a kind of wash over the mix that just doesn't sit right. The reverb level on the background synth is killer though. What software and instruments do you use?
I use FruityLoops Studio (aka FL studio) and I tend to use alot of piano with my trancegated and arpeggiated synths, as many orchestral instruments I can get my hands on, which is one string instrument and a sorta brass instrument. . .
to tell the truth Im kinda new to actually using any effects on my tracks, only recently (sometime last year) did I figure out how to use certain effects and Automation functions in FL studio. . .

I just finished a college digital music class, but we worked exclusively in Mac Logic, but I did learn some basic principles of using synthesizers and effects in that class. . .

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-15-2008, 07:27 PM

I like the second one better than the first.

We just have to get Kor to make some audio samples now

Sig by Joel
JasenTamiia
Got beated

05-15-2008, 07:38 PM

(05-15-2008, 07:27 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I like the second one better than the first.

We just have to get Kor to make some audio samples now
well of course you would ^^;

Version 3
I made a couple more tweaks this time, lemme know how im doin X3
http://blackspiremedia.net/jasentamiia/f...ged_v3.mp3

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-15-2008, 08:01 PM

hm...not much an audiophile, having problems telling the 2nd from 3rd revisions, both sound good to me Smile

Sig by Joel
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

05-15-2008, 08:57 PM

I am digging this last version. Not much else I can think of to change.  ;D

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

05-15-2008, 08:59 PM

I liked the second version a bit more than the third, but they're both great.