Hello There, Guest! Register

lol easter
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-12-2009, 02:42 PM

some guy asked me why i wasnt going to church and i told him cuz easter is retarded and makes no sense, Bunnies? Eggs? Chocolate?... he said that im going to hell for not respecting the resurrection of our lord and savior.. i said, well where the fuck is he? If you are celebrating his return... how come he hasnt RETURNED?

funny, also, to know that the pope can change the official date of such an incredible occasion... if i saw a man return from the dead and ascend into the sky i might take it a bit more seriously.

not to discourage or demoralize anyones beliefs..... but wow.

fyre
BRB, Posting

04-12-2009, 02:44 PM

You must have Faith, good sir. She is a Good Thing to have.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

04-12-2009, 03:25 PM

Easter was never religious for me; we weren't religious as kids and my parents never mentioned it. It as always about a weekend together, and chocolate for the kids, but nothing really special. Just a chocolate bunny usually.
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-12-2009, 03:45 PM

i walked around today placing my hand on peoples shoulders saying "i have returned"

no one believed me.

if you have faith in the bible that makes you wonder... if "jesus" ever did return... NO ONE would believe it was him

god that book is so fucked up haha.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

04-12-2009, 04:12 PM

(04-12-2009, 03:45 PM)MrGrey link Wrote: i walked around today placing my hand on peoples shoulders saying "i have returned"

no one believed me.

if you have faith in the bible that makes you wonder... if "jesus" ever did return... NO ONE would believe it was him

if jesus came back he would be rocking a sawn off and some killer sunglasses
and his hand would be up your ass

"crucify this bitches!!!"

kablowey!!!!

Celestial
N00b

04-12-2009, 04:19 PM

I think what makes Easter an important holiday to religious people is the resurrection of Christ and I don't think you need to make fun of that. If people don't believe in an ultimate superior being then they must believe in something else. Faith can be a powerful motive when people make decisions on how to live their live.

Personally I am not religious, but I am not going to degrade people that are, because in the end who really knows if God exists until you are dead

and with that said Happy Easter Smile

[Image: forumsig.jpg]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-12-2009, 04:20 PM

(04-12-2009, 04:12 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=MrGrey link=topic=2704.msg76345#msg76345 date=1239569112]
i walked around today placing my hand on peoples shoulders saying "i have returned"

no one believed me.

if jesus came back he would be rocking a sawn off and some killer sunglasses
and his hand would be up your ass

"crucify this bitches!!!"

kablowey!!!!
[/quote]had to, sorry

MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-12-2009, 04:58 PM

(04-12-2009, 04:19 PM)Celestial link Wrote: I think what makes Easter an important holiday to religious people is the resurrection of Christ and I don't think you need to make fun of that. If people don't believe in an ultimate superior being then they must believe in something else. Faith can be a powerful motive when people make decisions on how to live their live.

Personally I am not religious, but I am not going to degrade people that are, because in the end who really knows if God exists until you are dead

as i said... wasnt trying to demoralize anyone

just dont understand people who celebrate this holiday when they have no fucking clue what relevance bunnies, chocolate, and eggs have to do with the resurrection of HEYZEUS.  and dont give me that "family values" horseshit... it simply does not make sense.  Not saying anyone is stupid or wrong for doing so... just pointing out the irrelevance and inconsistency of it all.

Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

04-12-2009, 05:42 PM

(04-12-2009, 04:58 PM)MrGrey link Wrote: [quote author=Celestial link=topic=2704.msg76353#msg76353 date=1239571141]
I think what makes Easter an important holiday to religious people is the resurrection of Christ and I don't think you need to make fun of that. If people don't believe in an ultimate superior being then they must believe in something else. Faith can be a powerful motive when people make decisions on how to live their live.

as i said... wasnt trying to demoralize anyone

just dont understand people who celebrate this holiday when they have no fucking clue what relevance bunnies, chocolate, and eggs have to do with the resurrection of HEYZEUS.  and dont give me that "family values" horseshit... it simply does not make sense.  Not saying anyone is stupid or wrong for doing so... just pointing out the irrelevance and inconsistency of it all.
[/quote]

It has nothing to do with the holiday. It's just useless cooperate crap slapped onto another holiday to make a buck.

That being said, I love holidays like this. Visiting my aunt, watching her get drunk, the inevitable N bomb...ah family.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Celestial
N00b

04-12-2009, 05:49 PM

well yes in that perspective they commercialize every holiday I agree

I cant complain about chocolate and eggs, but my Easter is next Sunday Smile so wee

[Image: forumsig.jpg]
Sponson
BRB, Posting

04-12-2009, 05:51 PM

[Image: easter.jpg]

ITT: People who hate the spirit of chocolate and the holiday dedicated to it.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-12-2009, 06:39 PM

dont hate anything...simply asking why people celebrate shit they dont believe in or understand..

nice try again spoon... your animosity towards me protrudes like an adolescent males dick at junior prom.. but once again, i dont give a shit.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Well as far as I know back when they originally started to convert the heathens they decided to give a little to get their souls.  In other words they re-framed their pagan holidays as christian ones, taking the stuff they could deal with and adding in Jesus.  So Easter I think was also a holiday centered around fertility and the coming of spring and that's where you get all the eggs and stuff from.  Not sure about the bunnies.  Also I think there was a lot of sex originally involved, wish they would have kept that.

And as for lately, basically the same thing again.  In order to convert the masses, corporations decided to give a little to get their souls.  Basically they let the holidays be framed in religious context as long as they worship at the alter of consumerism and buy lots of crap to show their support of christian principles and against people that hate our freedom (to buy useless crap).

Or in less cynical terms it's just another excuse to get together and have a good time, and if you are religious refresh your faith.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

04-12-2009, 06:57 PM

I honestly want to know where the rabbit came in.

Also, I think the pope is full of himself.  :-*
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

04-12-2009, 07:05 PM

in before South park

MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-12-2009, 08:13 PM

surf I understand what your saying... but dont you think that this day (which most base their entire faith and reason for existence on) should be taken a little more seriously rather than just another excuse to have a good time?  And should the pope be able to CHANGE THE DATE?  I mean think about it... Oh well, I would rather not continue this thread due to the fact that my views will be misinterpreted and I may offend people. 

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

04-12-2009, 09:26 PM

(04-12-2009, 06:57 PM)Karf the Walrus link Wrote: I honestly want to know where the rabbit came in.

Also, I think the pope is full of himself.  :-*

Rabbits are important symbols of fertility; Easter was early Christendom's way of attracting Germanic pagans worshipping the goddess of fertility and renewal, "Eostre". The practice is called "syncretism": compromising an established practice with native ritual to achieve a wider audience.

Also, Grey: It's okay to hate on a silly stolen holiday like Easter but do it for a reason. It's not too much to ask you to understand a faith before you refute it or poke fun at it.
Sponson
BRB, Posting

04-12-2009, 09:33 PM

(04-12-2009, 09:26 PM)peaches link Wrote: Also, Grey: It's okay to hate on a silly stolen holiday like Easter but do it for a reason. It's not too much to ask you to understand a faith before you refute it or poke fun at it.
Yes it is.

Quote:dont hate anything...simply asking why people celebrate shit they dont believe in or understand..

nice try again spoon... your animosity towards me protrudes like an adolescent males dick at junior prom.. but once again, i dont give a shit.
Your ability to say nothing is astounding like a... fuck it, I don't care either.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-12-2009, 09:49 PM

(04-12-2009, 09:33 PM)Caramallapaloozpella link Wrote: [quote author=peaches link=topic=2704.msg76435#msg76435 date=1239589587]
Also, Grey: It's okay to hate on a silly stolen holiday like Easter but do it for a reason. It's not too much to ask you to understand a faith before you refute it or poke fun at it.
Yes it is.

Quote:dont hate anything...simply asking why people celebrate shit they dont believe in or understand..

Your ability to say nothing is astounding like a... fuck it, I don't care either.
[/quote]

caramalla - you make no sense.  my brain has no thirst for your banality(look it up.)

peaches - once again, im simply pointing out the irrelevance and inconsistency involved. 

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

04-12-2009, 09:53 PM

(04-12-2009, 09:49 PM)MrGrey link Wrote: peaches - once again, im simply pointing out the irrelevance and inconsistency involved.   

The irrelevance of what? Easter?