Hello There, Guest! Register

Scrim team ?
exanimo

04-21-2008, 12:19 PM

I'm gonna play necro again, and wonder where the hell our scrimmages are. >:[
Geoff
Real World Azn

04-21-2008, 03:27 PM

(04-11-2008, 04:47 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: I'd love to do this. Check my stats for a complete rundown, but my best class by far is sniper. I've logged about 60 hours: 19 kills, 15 headshots and survived for 20 minutes in one death. I can also play spy and pyro when neccessary. The other classes I'm not the greatest, but I can hold my own.

Who ARE you?  Your name isn't too familiar to me. 

Oh and gratz Vandam for a clean 75 smites.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

04-21-2008, 04:18 PM

You mean clean 76 smites?

Kor
Crits = Skill

04-23-2008, 07:15 AM

I was asked about this monday past, and I'm still going through with it, we're still waiting for the academics to finish up so we can have a bit more flexibility on the whole. The current consensus is to have it slightly both way: We'll have a couple of friendlies where everyone can get a shot at TC, then we will have a scrim-type team ready to take TC's best. That means I will be holding tryouts for positions, but that shouldn't be starting for I think a week, possibly a tad longer, because I have no idea when everyone is finished.

With that said, tryouts for the scrim team will be based on a mulch-style setup, meaning one-on-one elimination. Remember that a team setup needs to be fluid, so having multiple proficiencies in different classes will be a must. I'm considering keeping it to a 3 class maximum on the sign-up's, so we're not having a marathon tryout.  When we get to it, I'll get a list whipped up, and a fresh thread to keep the clutter to a minimum.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-23-2008, 07:24 AM

(04-23-2008, 07:15 AM)Kor link Wrote: I was asked about this monday past, and I'm still going through with it, we're still waiting for the academics to finish up so we can have a bit more flexibility on the whole. The current consensus is to have it slightly both way: We'll have a couple of friendlies where everyone can get a shot at TC, then we will have a scrim-type team ready to take TC's best. That means I will be holding tryouts for positions, but that shouldn't be starting for I think a week, possibly a tad longer, because I have no idea when everyone is finished.

With that said, tryouts for the scrim team will be based on a mulch-style setup, meaning one-on-one elimination. Remember that a team setup needs to be fluid, so having multiple proficiencies in different classes will be a must. I'm considering keeping it to a 3 class maximum on the sign-up's, so we're not having a marathon tryout.  When we get to it, I'll get a list whipped up, and a fresh thread to keep the clutter to a minimum.

Well, personally I'm not done until June, but I don't really have all that much work to do. When you say one-on-one elimination, do you mean like Demo vs Demo, Pyro vs Pyro, etc? Or is it just say Duck vs Kor, Luca vs Caff, whatever class it takes to get the job done? Just curious.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Kor
Crits = Skill

04-23-2008, 07:55 AM

(04-23-2008, 07:24 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Well, personally I'm not done until June, but I don't really have all that much work to do. When you say one-on-one elimination, do you mean like Demo vs Demo, Pyro vs Pyro, etc? Or is it just say Duck vs Kor, Luca vs Caff, whatever class it takes to get the job done? Just curious.

I haven't decided honestly. In ye olde days, Mulch tryouts we're player versus player, with a class and clan member the tryout faced off against selected by the Captain. Basically if you could beat the clan's usual class X a certain number of times you'd being doing well for the tryout. Seeing how we don't have a pre-existing clan, I'll have to figure something out. Also in the old days, medic tryouts we're often fought in the air :o

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

04-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Sweet, I've been working on my other classes in lieu of this and the medic weapons..

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-23-2008, 12:01 PM

(04-23-2008, 07:15 AM)Kor link Wrote: I was asked about this monday past, and I'm still going through with it, we're still waiting for the academics to finish up so we can have a bit more flexibility on the whole. The current consensus is to have it slightly both way: We'll have a couple of friendlies where everyone can get a shot at TC, then we will have a scrim-type team ready to take TC's best. That means I will be holding tryouts for positions, but that shouldn't be starting for I think a week, possibly a tad longer, because I have no idea when everyone is finished.

Don't start until I get my comp back  >Sad

Also I am the definition of fluidity, I always pick my class based on what's needed.  Unless everything is balanced then I just play whatever I'm in the mood for.  I'm a bit impatient as a spy, but when I'm mellow I can do pretty well.  Otherwise it's just me blending in fairly well then the urge to stabby stabby sappy sappy overwhelms and I get gibbed.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

04-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Someday, when I suck less, I will try out for this...

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
exanimo

04-23-2008, 12:16 PM

Thanks for making this more official, Kor. <3
broonor
Lurker

04-23-2008, 12:17 PM

(04-23-2008, 12:06 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: Someday, when I suck less, I will try out for this...

couldn't have said it better myself

[Image: playerfeed_977354_bigsig.gif]
Kor
Crits = Skill

04-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Hah, I can't speak to Zargon specifically, but if memory serves you played a spectacular medic, Broonor.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-23-2008, 02:43 PM

I think we've had enough discussion for this thread, if someone wants to set a date/time and select like 14 people who will be able to dedicate enough time maybe I can get ahold of a server to practice on OR maybe copulatingduck can make his server TF2 for a night to practice.

Kor I think you showed the most interest in running a practice.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

04-23-2008, 03:06 PM

true we can't exactly use our tf2 server

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-23-2008, 07:01 PM

(04-23-2008, 02:43 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I think we've had enough discussion for this thread, if someone wants to set a date/time and select like 14 people who will be able to dedicate enough time maybe I can get ahold of a server to practice on OR maybe copulatingduck can make his server TF2 for a night to practice.

Sure, but the admining will be hilariously bad. By which I mean not there. Also, no plugins. I phail at plugins.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-23-2008, 07:04 PM

(04-23-2008, 07:01 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=75.msg4028#msg4028 date=1208979822]
I think we've had enough discussion for this thread, if someone wants to set a date/time and select like 14 people who will be able to dedicate enough time maybe I can get ahold of a server to practice on OR maybe copulatingduck can make his server TF2 for a night to practice.

Sure, but the admining will be hilariously bad. By which I mean not there. Also, no plugins. I phail at plugins.
[/quote]

Sokay duck, all you gotta do is set it up as entirely private for the team only, then no admins will be necessary  ;D.  Plus plugins shouldnt necessary because well, its just training for TC  ;D.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Awww damn, I'd totally do this.  I just have too much to keep up on to read the forum a bunch c.c'.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-23-2008, 07:57 PM

(04-23-2008, 07:49 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Awww damn, I'd totally do this.  I just have too much to keep up on to read the forum a bunch c.c'.

Make it part of the daily routine

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

04-23-2008, 09:44 PM

Hell..I'll make it part of the routine..let me go drink some sake first..I just finished my juries.

A-    w00t

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-23-2008, 11:26 PM

My daily routine takes like, two hours to keep up on everything as is @_@.

If dToid wasn't blocked from work, it'd be easier.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.