Hello There, Guest! Register

The "Fuck my life" thread
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

01-10-2016, 01:45 AM

*hug*

I'm sorry to hear that, Pie.

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-10-2016, 01:04 PM

Getting dumped sucks Pie. Hang in there man.
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

01-10-2016, 01:24 PM

Had my first quality knock-down-drag-out cry in about 5-6 years. Feels progressing ahead.
Didzo
Uninstalling

01-10-2016, 04:12 PM

Those are some rough feels.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-11-2016, 08:58 AM

That sucks Sad

But I suppose on a plus side its better to be let go than to be strung along

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

01-12-2016, 11:31 PM

Car isn't blowing hot air. Getting it looked at tomorrow. Wouldn't be much of a fml if Fargo wasn't about 20 below.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

01-13-2016, 07:23 AM

(01-12-2016, 11:31 PM)Dr. Zaius Wrote: Car isn't blowing hot air. Getting it looked at tomorrow. Wouldn't be much of a fml if Fargo wasn't about 20 below.

Oh shit, that's some bad timing, car. 

You need some little hotties in your life

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

01-13-2016, 09:03 AM

(01-10-2016, 01:24 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie Wrote: Had my first quality knock-down-drag-out cry in about 5-6 years. Feels progressing ahead.

If I could I would drive out and see you man, I know that feel.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

01-25-2016, 09:01 PM

Wait she met me and she did see a future with you pie? Wow she missed the boat. RIP HER GG SCRUB

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

02-02-2016, 09:39 PM

Went back to work this week to find that the first floor toilets flooded over the weekend, rendering almost the entire first floor uninhabitable until they tear out and replace all the carpeting and drywall. Got to spend a thirteen hour shift moving everyone affected's stuff upstairs, and packing everyone upstair's stuff to move to our new headquarters ahead of schedule. Today we got to set up 40 people on folding tables at the new building, with the added bonus knowledge that once painting gets finished we get to do this all over again. On the bright side I got to mess around with our network patch panels for the first time, completely unsupervised, and didn't fuck it up.

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

02-03-2016, 06:57 PM

(02-02-2016, 09:39 PM)Eschatos Wrote: Got to spend a thirteen hour shift moving everyone affected's stuff

Getting paid to lift? You're in the wrong thread.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

02-25-2016, 10:24 AM

My boss is a shitty manager and making my life miserable.  I'm looking for a new job that will likely involve a huge pay cut but I'm ok with that because I don't think the law field is worth it for me anymore.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

02-25-2016, 10:32 AM

(02-25-2016, 10:24 AM)Surf314 Wrote: My boss is a shitty manager and making my life miserable.  I'm looking for a new job that will likely involve a huge pay cut but I'm ok with that because I don't think the law field is worth it for me anymore.

Sue him to make him do a better job. That'll teach him.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

02-25-2016, 11:33 AM

(02-25-2016, 10:24 AM)Surf314 Wrote: My boss is a shitty manager and making my life miserable.  I'm looking for a new job that will likely involve a huge pay cut but I'm ok with that because I don't think the law field is worth it for me anymore.

I'm in the same boat. 
My boss is only in his position because he's been with the company for so long. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing and is extremely juvenile all the time. A few months ago we had an equipment failure and people were freaking out. He pulled me aside to tell me that his management style was extremely hands off. So you just don't do you job? Got it. Every time I put together a quote he asks me to check with a guy who previously held my position to see what he thinks. Really? 
The money is good but I'm sick of supporting end users who use garbage software made by a company that has terrible support even though we pay through the nose for a support contract. I've worked for some fucked up companies but this is another level.
I don't have enough steady work to do audio stuff full time. My neighbor and I have started selling t-shirts online but the return on that is pretty low at the moment. Right now I feel like it would be better to get a job at a coffee shop and figure things out than continue with this.

Surf314

02-25-2016, 07:14 PM

(02-25-2016, 11:33 AM)Mission Difficult Wrote:

I'm in the same boat. 
My boss is only in his position because he's been with the company for so long. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing and is extremely juvenile all the time. A few months ago we had an equipment failure and people were freaking out. He pulled me aside to tell me that his management style was extremely hands off. So you just don't do you job? Got it. Every time I put together a quote he asks me to check with a guy who previously held my position to see what he thinks. Really? 
The money is good but I'm sick of supporting end users who use garbage software made by a company that has terrible support even though we pay through the nose for a support contract. I've worked for some fucked up companies but this is another level.
I don't have enough steady work to do audio stuff full time. My neighbor and I have started selling t-shirts online but the return on that is pretty low at the moment. Right now I feel like it would be better to get a job at a coffee shop and figure things out than continue with this.

My problem is that my boss checked out a long time ago and basically has us doing all the work while he works maybe 2 days a week and mainly uses his name and reputation to get clients.  This is all perfectly fine with me and I actually like that part of the arrangement.  My problem is that he never reads or looks at anything, just drops in to screw things up and then pieces out.  Then there is this whole issue with work.  Since he doesn't pay attention he just uses income to gauge how much everyone else is working.  My clients don't really need us right now so I've been helping out my co-workers who are busy.  This mostly works until my clients need something ASAP and I need to juggle.  Not only does he harass me about getting all the things done but then he doesn't credit me for the work I do for clients that aren't mine and basically implies I'm lazy all the time.  What really ticked me off was I worked 60 hours last week to complete a study I took off my co-worker's shoulders because he didn't have time.  The study didn't show what he wanted it to so basically he was like oh that doesn't matter what work have you done that produces results?  And what makes it worse the whole time I was telling him the issues with the data and what looks good and what doesn't.  I think he thought I was just trying to be lazy and get out of finishing the work, but I kept showing him the return on this work wasn't great.

Surf314

02-25-2016, 07:15 PM

(02-25-2016, 11:33 AM)Mission Difficult Wrote:

I'm in the same boat. 

My problem is that my boss checked out a long time ago and basically has us doing all the work while he works maybe 2 days a week and mainly uses his name and reputation to get clients.  This is all perfectly fine with me and I actually like that part of the arrangement.  My problem is that he never reads or looks at anything, just drops in to screw things up and then pieces out.  Then there is this whole issue with work.  Since he doesn't pay attention he just uses income to gauge how much everyone is working.  My clients don't really need us right now so I've been helping out my co-workers who are busy.  This mostly works until my clients need something ASAP and I need to juggle.  Not only does he harass me about getting all the things done but then he doesn't credit me for the work I do for clients that aren't mine and basically implies I'm lazy all the time.  What really ticked me off was I worked 60 hours last week to complete a study I took off my co-worker's shoulders because he didn't have time.  The study didn't show what he wanted it to so basically he was like oh that doesn't matter what work have you done that produces results?  And what makes it worse the whole time I was telling him the issues with the data and what looks good and what doesn't.  I think he thought I was just trying to be lazy and get out of finishing the work, but I kept showing him the return on this work wasn't great.

Surf314

02-26-2016, 01:22 PM

Well, one of my co-workers is quitting so a lot of work will go to me and I'll get credit for the billables so maybe my boss will finally get off me case. Might even get a raise out of it?

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

02-26-2016, 04:45 PM

Hope it works out surf!
Surf314

03-02-2016, 11:59 AM

I'm following up with another job opportunity, but it's only a 1 year contract. Oy!

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Contract work...eh, I'd always be leery about it, unless its going to open other doors for you I wouldn't go for it.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel