Hello There, Guest! Register

The Magorium Script Emporium
Chooly
BRB, Posting

05-11-2008, 05:23 PM

I got bored last week and wrote some scripts. Some of them unoriginal, others improved versions of existing scripts, and some are wild and crazy scripts that may or may not work.
Also taking requests.
Code:
//A BETTER ROCKETJUMP V0.1
//Rocketjump toggle by pressing a button and have it activate a rocketjump on a different button press.

bind MOUSE2 "+RJ_TOGGLE"

alias "+RJ_TOGGLE" "bind SPACE +RJ_SCRIPT"
alias "-RJ_TOGGLE" "bind SPACE +jump"

alias "+RJ_SCRIPT" "+jump;+duck;wait;+attack"
alias "-RJ_SCRIPT" "-jump;-attack;wait;-duck"

ABOUT THIS NEXT SCRIPT:
The modification to Mwheelup, mwheeldown is actually referenced by a second CFG file.
If you would like to use this script properly, take the following code and modify to suit your binds...
Code:
alias "+execpress" "+attack; unbind mwheelup; unbind mwheeldown; wait; exec choolys_binds.cfg"
turning into:
Code:
alias "+execpress" "+attack; bind mwheelup whetever; bind mwheeldown whatever"
WHAT THE QUICKBUILD SCRIPT DOES:
It's an easy way to build your equipment, press button 4 and then use the mouse wheel to toggle between the usable options.
(Script only works if you have the metal in invintory)

Code:
//Engineer quickbuild script V0.2

bind 4 "buildscript; wait; use tf_weapon_pda_engineer_build; wait; buildpress; intro"
//Wheelup
//Wheeldown

Alias "Buildscript" "bind mwheelup wheelup; wait; bind mwheeldown wheeldown"

alias "intro" "alias wheelup sentry; wait; alias wheeldown dispenser"
alias "dispenser" "build 0; alias wheelup tp_in; alias wheeldown sentry"
alias "tp_in" "build 1; alias wheelup sentry; alias wheeldown tp_out"
alias "tp_out" "build 2; alias wheelup tp_in; alias wheeldown dispenser"
alias "sentry" "build 3; alias wheelup dispenser; alias wheeldown tp_in"

//Complicated Attack/re-bind script

alias "buildpress" "bind MOUSE1 +execpress"
alias "+execpress" "+attack; unbind mwheelup; unbind mwheeldown; wait; exec choolys_binds.cfg"
alias "-execpress" "-attack; wait; bind MOUSE1 +attack"

Lastly: a more streamlined version of a script that changes mwheelup and down to scroll primary/secondary weapons, mouse3 for melee
Code:
//CHOOLYS WEAPON SWITCHING BIND V.1
bind "mwheelup" "WSECONDARY"; bind "mwheeldown" "WSECONDARY"
bind MOUSE3 "slot3"
alias "WPRIMARY" "bind mwheelup +weap_up; bind mwheeldown +weap_up; wait; echo LOADED PRIMARY"
alias "WSECONDARY" "bind mwheelup +weap_down; bind mwheeldown +weap_down; wait; echo LOADED SECONDARY"
alias "+weap_up" "slot1"
alias "-weap_up" "WSECONDARY"
alias "+weap_down" "slot2"
alias "-weap_down" "WPRIMARY"

On the idea bloc:
Spy script that enables a double-click of MOUSE2 to bring up the disguise window, or lastdisguise, single-clicking otherwise activates cloaking.
A Scout Script where the once releasing the mouse button from attacking with the bat, switches you to the pistol.

EDIT:
No responsibilty shall be pressed up the creator of these scripts if they bork your CFGs up.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-11-2008, 05:31 PM

Scripts are for lzy fgts like Caff =X.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-11-2008, 10:08 PM

(05-11-2008, 05:31 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Scripts are for lzy fgts like Caff =X.

I bet scripts are why I end up #1 or #2 90% of the time too huh?

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-12-2008, 01:53 AM

Nah that's the host advantage lolololololol.  Fukn haker. ;P

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
sarcasticsteve
BRB, Posting

05-12-2008, 03:29 AM

So basically these scripts are a clever way to cheat right?  There are some who will call it stream lining the gaming or what not but it still comes down to you are basically letting a trainer do all the heavy lifting for you.  Why cheat in a game like this, where is the fun in it?  If I paid good money for the game I want to actually play it, not click a single mouse button and see it all done for me lol

[Image: style3,Sarcastic-spc-Steve.png]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-12-2008, 07:45 AM

Heh, maybe I'll give the rocket jump one a try. Can't be any worse than my efforts to date. Tongue

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
exanimo

05-12-2008, 08:08 AM

(05-12-2008, 03:29 AM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: So basically these scripts are a clever way to cheat right?  There are some who will call it stream lining the gaming or what not but it still comes down to you are basically letting a trainer do all the heavy lifting for you.  Why cheat in a game like this, where is the fun in it?  If I paid good money for the game I want to actually play it, not click a single mouse button and see it all done for me lol

Finally, someone sees it the way I see it. Minus the money part and such. Caffeine is a big, fat cheater. Smile
fyre
BRB, Posting

05-12-2008, 08:19 AM

(05-12-2008, 03:29 AM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: So basically these scripts are a clever way to cheat right?  There are some who will call it stream lining the gaming or what not but it still comes down to you are basically letting a trainer do all the heavy lifting for you.  Why cheat in a game like this, where is the fun in it?  If I paid good money for the game I want to actually play it, not click a single mouse button and see it all done for me lol
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-12-2008, 08:31 AM

(05-12-2008, 08:19 AM)fyre link Wrote: [quote author=Sarcastic Steve link=topic=270.msg6395#msg6395 date=1210580963]
So basically these scripts are a clever way to cheat right?  There are some who will call it stream lining the gaming or what not but it still comes down to you are basically letting a trainer do all the heavy lifting for you.  Why cheat in a game like this, where is the fun in it?  If I paid good money for the game I want to actually play it, not click a single mouse button and see it all done for me lol
[/quote]

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Chooly
BRB, Posting

05-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Whatever your position on scripts is IDK I wrote the things out of boredom, it's completely irrelevant to call them shit because a few lines of code does something otherwise not implemented.
In a day and a half I made a rather robust CFG to let me use my mousewheel to rotate between building options. Can't see anyone else managing to pull that off.

No, these scripts are difficult to code and I got the desired results.
If I knew how to work C++ or Basic, well I would write in that language.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Surf314

05-12-2008, 08:59 AM

(05-12-2008, 08:50 AM)Chooly link Wrote: Whatever your position on scripts is IDK I wrote the things out of boredom, it's completely irrelevant to call them shit because a few lines of code does something otherwise not implemented.
In a day and a half I made a rather robust CFG to let me use my mousewheel to rotate between building options. Can't see anyone else managing to pull that off.

[quote author=Sarcastic Steve link=topic=270.msg6395#msg6395 date=1210580963]
No, these scripts are difficult to code and I got the desired results.
If I knew how to work C++ or Basic, well I would write in that language.
[/quote]

GJ on the scripts, I'm not against them I just like doing everything myself.  I have had a bad experience with them though.  In HS one of my LAN friends wrote a script that used the mouse scroll wheel to zoom the screen.  He turned the railgun in Quake into the sniper rifle from hell.  Luckily I got good enough to gib his ass across the map without it lolololol.

Kor
Crits = Skill

05-12-2008, 09:09 AM

(05-11-2008, 10:08 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I bet scripts are why I end up #1 or #2 90% of the time too huh?

Washed up.

(05-12-2008, 07:45 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: Heh, maybe I'll give the rocket jump one a try. Can't be any worse than my efforts to date. Tongue

I'll teach the legit method, if your interested. It'll be like the entire training section out of kill bill 2; you rocket jump till your gibs, I queue up a beard stroke and belly laugh.

For the record, scripts are fine so long as they are used to simplify actions, not create complex sequences. For example: Buying scripts in CS = Good, Bunnyhopping scripts in TFC = Bad. One button press building has been around since TFC, and legit when I played league.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2008, 09:13 AM by Kor.)
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-12-2008, 09:40 AM

(05-12-2008, 09:09 AM)Kor link Wrote: I'll teach the legit method, if your interested.

Yes please. ^_^

Just need to catch you during an off time. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

05-12-2008, 10:27 AM

(05-12-2008, 09:40 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=270.msg6432#msg6432 date=1210601349]
I'll teach the legit method, if your interested.

Yes please. ^_^

Just need to catch you during an off time. Smile
[/quote]
FNF scotty jumps edition?

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

05-12-2008, 11:12 AM

Off-topic unsolicited tip: for rocket-jump training, I suggest you bind a key for impulse 101 after setting sv_cheats 1 in a listen server.  This restores health and ammo on the fly and saves trips to the medicine cabinet.

I admit I used the "duckjump (crouchjump)" script before I had the bright idea to remap crouch to "F" instead of the CTRL key under my palm.  After unmapping "G" (taunt) as well, I'm now competent with crouch-jumping without the script.  Regardless, I don't regard duckjump as a cardinal sin.  I did try Engie auto-builds but I found that I had trouble dropping the building right where I wanted it.  The only other scripts I use are for bot setup and demo viewing and network tweaks but I haven't had to mess with the network stuff since I pretty much hang around y'all and the CP servers.

One script that does irk me, however, is the Pyro Panic script that makes them flame and twirl about like a plumb idjit.  I'm sure it has useful tactical applications, but it's just... so... obvious.
Budr

05-12-2008, 11:22 AM

I think I find myself in the anti-script camp. I recall Caff saying once that his scripts only do stuff that he would do otherwise but with less effort and I wouldn't question his skill as a player regardless but where is the line drawn? Any script is altering the gameplay, however insignificantly. Auto-RJ is legit, auto-build is legit, how about auto-aim or fuck it why not an auto-kill button?
Budr

05-12-2008, 11:23 AM

Sorry Chooly, forgot this thread's been completely hijacked, nice work on your scripts.
Surf314

05-12-2008, 11:34 AM

I'm fine with scripts, but if anyone is using something that is obvious and cheap I request permission to set a beacon on him and mention that the beaconed player is using cheap scripts if anyone wants to get revenge.  I think this is the only real use of the beacon.

Yomanz
Lurker

05-12-2008, 03:15 PM

I use a few scripts, but none that have much practical use. Im good enough at rocket jumping already so i don't use that script. The only script i use is the suicide script which causes me to explode. I only use it for entertainment, if im on a server that's not taking the game seriously at the moment, i'll just go scout and run up and explode in peoples faces just for their shocked reaction. The pyro panic button has no practical use. i tried it, but the fact that you can't move while using it plus the fire does not stay on any target long enough to do any serious damage makes it useless. I don't mind if people use scripts, if you have trouble rocket jumping then by all means get yourself a rocket jump script. In my personal opinion though there is no script that has enough practical use to make a significant change into how good a player is.

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -Groucho Marx

[Image: yomanz.png]
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

05-12-2008, 04:25 PM

FYI the explosion thing you mentioned is not a script. A script is something that binds multiple actions to one key. Thats just a key bind no league has issues with key binds.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]