Hello There, Guest! Register

Unlockable weapon strategies
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-12-2008, 09:09 AM

This thread will be for strategies for using unlockables, as we all already know how to work together with the weapons that are out now.  But as new weapons are made available it will get difficult to work together to do specific strategies unless we are all on the same page.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Chooly
BRB, Posting

05-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Create the super HW guy with an uber and kritzkreig simultainously deployed

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2008, 09:14 AM by Chooly.)
Surf314

05-12-2008, 09:14 AM

The critzkreig is the one I have the most trouble with of the unlock ables, it is definitely something you need people to be working together with.

I think it would work the best as a defensive tool or if you can stack to be used with the uber.  When I have tried to use it to push it fails miserably, so it really needs to be looked at entirely different than the uber.  My thoughts are to save it up for big pushes by the other team when you are defending, or when you are in a group of people to support you as you will be targeted as soon as you hit it.  I think it would be the most effective with the heavy as they don't have to worry about reloading.

The other strategy I think would be quite good is to use it on a demo to set up a crit sticky defense point.  This way you can cover a large area, and since crit stickies are forever you can use it when you are not under attack to save it up for when you are.  This would be good since getting killed while using it is always a problem.

Chooly
BRB, Posting

05-12-2008, 09:17 AM

Also, since turrets and most players attack whatever is glowing Bright blue/red any given moment timing an offensive assault to keep attention away from Kritzkreigs will give the Kritzkrig an opportunity to completely run its time limit.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Kor
Crits = Skill

05-12-2008, 09:30 AM

(05-12-2008, 09:11 AM)Chooly link Wrote: Can 2 medics, one with an uber and one kritzkreig, uber together on one target?

Yes.

As for the OP, I've found very little variance in strategies available to the medic with the creation of the unlocks. The medic received two defensive tools and one offensive. Aside from the chain-uber stupidity we all saw in that youtube vid, the ubersaw seems the least useful in the offensive sense. The vamp gun is also a defensive tool clearly made to simply buy time when your burning or without a healing target and low health. From the start I knew the Kritzkreig was over hyped, and I see that point being proven more and more; most stalwart medics prefer saving the target then making it a focus-fire target, in addition to that most people have no instinct on when to properly trigger a cruber and wait for their healing target to be in fire before triggering. Even in my playtime with the Kritzkreig, I have found it better in a defensive situation(room clearing, firing along side low level sg's, dropped intel guarding, CP protection) then any offensive one(No more crubers on Goldrush).

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Surf314

05-12-2008, 09:35 AM

Yea I think that the cruber is very much a defensive tool versus the uber which is mostly offensive for breaking up good defenses.

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-12-2008, 09:38 AM

(05-12-2008, 09:14 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: When I have tried to use it to push it fails miserably, so it really needs to be looked at entirely different than the uber.

That's because most people seem to think it's like an uber, and they can just rush right in with no regard to their or their Medic's safety. That isn't even a good idea with regular ubers quite often to be honest, as it just doesn't last long enough. I've abandoned plenty of people who, despite the fact that the uber is almost done, just keep going (usually a bad idea).

To me an uber would be best with a Soldier or Demo. They can dish out tons of damage with their crits over a relatively short time. It really only works for a Heavy if the target(s) are relatively close (due to the spray of the minigun). Same with the Pyro, although the range is even more limited (eg: surprise attack down some confined corridors).

One possible thought is to have a cruber quickly follow a regular uber. The regular uber does what it normally does, and while people/sentries are paying attention to it, the cruber comes in to wreak more havoc.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

05-12-2008, 10:10 AM

I think the critz has uses in pushes.  It just requires an entirely new level of teamwork.  When trying to crack a serious defense, the critz needs to be used in conjunction with regular ubers.  Furthermore, it needs to be delayed by 3-10 seconds, depending on what happens and what the SG setup.  Critz can go in right away if the uber team is taking 100% of the SG fire.  But yeah, for me, it works with a good delay so that all or almost all of the SGs will be down when you send in the heavy/soldier/pyro with the critzkrieg.  At that point, EVERYONE else needs to be running in right behind the critz.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

05-12-2008, 10:33 AM

This probably doesn't help the topic because it's more like an idea to Valve.  Is there anything on the "current classes deployed" indicators, the scoreboard or whatever, to indicate what loadout a Medic has until you go in and see their player model or ask over voice comm?  Wouldn't something like that help with this kind of planning?  If you join a game, bring up scoreboard and see Medic-U or Medic-K under the class column.  Who cares what syringe gun / bonesaw they have?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-12-2008, 10:34 AM

Buttslaughter - Good for using when falling back, especially when on fire, and thats about it. Don't bother attacking with it otherwise

Kritzkrieg - I see this as a mostly defensive weapon on a map like dustbowl or goldrush. Its extremely difficult to use the kruber in an offensive situation, it can work...as long as there are no sentry guns.

Kruber Order of Use:
Soldier
Heavy
Demo/Pyro
Scout
Spy/Engineer
Sniper
Medic

Uber Saw: Don't use it any differently than the regular bonesaw, chasing people to try to get a little bit more ubercharge will tend to get you killed

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

05-12-2008, 10:40 AM

(05-12-2008, 10:34 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Buttslaughter - Good for using when falling back, especially when on fire, and thats about it. Don't bother attacking with it otherwise

Kritzkrieg - I see this as a mostly defensive weapon on a map like dustbowl or goldrush. Its extremely difficult to use the kruber in an offensive situation, it can work...as long as there are no sentry guns.

Kruber Order of Use:
Soldier
Heavy
Demo/Pyro
Scout
Spy/Engineer
Sniper
Medic

Uber Saw: Don't use it any differently than the regular bonesaw, chasing people to try to get a little bit more ubercharge will tend to get you killed
the kruber order is wrong a medic armed with the syringe gun and who is good with it will rape with 100% crits.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
ScottyGrayskull

05-12-2008, 11:20 AM

(05-12-2008, 10:34 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Uber Saw: Don't use it any differently than the regular bonesaw, chasing people to try to get a little bit more ubercharge will tend to get you killed

Yeah, I see it more for when you think there is a spy nearby, and then thank him for topping up your ubercharge meter. ^_^

Surf314

05-12-2008, 11:26 AM

(05-12-2008, 11:20 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=272.msg6453#msg6453 date=1210606489]

Yeah, I see it more for when you think there is a spy nearby, and then thank him for topping up your ubercharge meter. ^_^
[/quote]

If you are good with the saw it can be very useful.  Generally I use it on anyone that hasn't seen me yet.  This works extremely well.  Like you are healing a heavy and he is approaching some people that are busy looking somewhere else.  You could stay and heal the heavy and have everyone shoot at you when they notice bullets flying at them, or you could buttonhook around and saw em in the back when the heavy opens fire.  If my guy has got good health I will use this strategy a lot for excellent results.  This is why I can't wait to unlock the new saw.

Vandamguy

05-12-2008, 01:32 PM

Buttonhook!
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-12-2008, 07:15 PM

So, am I not an inferior medic if I don't have any of these?

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-12-2008, 08:11 PM

(05-12-2008, 07:15 PM)Wedge link Wrote: So, am I not an inferior medic if I don't have any of these?

Not really Wedge. Most of them I find are pretty fucking useless for standard pub play. I only use the Vamp gun with any regularity, but smarter medics shouldn't need it to get themselves out of a bind (ie smarter medics don't put themselves at huge risk while building an uber). Ubersaw seems useful, and then you remember how rarely you actually go on bonesaw sprees and live. 25% ain't that useful, it's only 12 seconds or so of healing the heavily wounded.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Geoff
Real World Azn

05-12-2008, 08:25 PM

(05-12-2008, 08:11 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=272.msg6501#msg6501 date=1210637728]
So, am I not an inferior medic if I don't have any of these?

Not really Wedge. Most of them I find are pretty fucking useless for standard pub play. I only use the Vamp gun with any regularity, but smarter medics shouldn't need it to get themselves out of a bind (ie smarter medics don't put themselves at huge risk while building an uber). Ubersaw seems useful, and then you remember how rarely you actually go on bonesaw sprees and live. 25% ain't that useful, it's only 12 seconds or so of healing the heavily wounded.
[/quote]

Ubersaw looks cool though.  :3

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
ScottyGrayskull

05-13-2008, 08:51 AM

(05-12-2008, 07:15 PM)Wedge link Wrote: So, am I not an inferior medic if I don't have any of these?

Any of the unlockables? No, it just means that you aren't that concerned with unlocking them, or want to unlock them honestly and just don't play Medic that much (I would think anyone who is mainly medic would have gotten the first weapon honestly by now). Smile

broonor
Lurker

05-14-2008, 02:20 AM

I would if the sudden rush of massive medic mobbing didn't cause me to try different classes.  I have a love for snipers and pyros now :x

Soon I will return to my medic and get my crap in order

[Image: playerfeed_977354_bigsig.gif]
Surf314

05-14-2008, 10:51 AM

I just need to heal 130,000 more and I'm done.

Then people will know to fear my ubersaw.

It could actually make the krietzcrieg useful to me too.