Hello There, Guest! Register

This Made My Day/Improved My Day Thread!
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-24-2010, 09:34 PM

Both Red and Blue were full throughout TFT, see all you need to do is put a tiny bit of effort into getting blue going and it will stay going!

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-25-2010, 10:26 AM

So I played through portal for the hell of it today, when did they change the ending? 

KorJax
BRB, Posting

08-25-2010, 10:43 AM

(08-25-2010, 10:26 AM)LT Crow link Wrote: So I played through portal for the hell of it today, when did they change the ending? 

Right when they announced portal 2 they patched portal 1 with a new ending

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
Hobospartan
BRB, Posting

08-25-2010, 11:16 PM

I ride my bike to work, because I don't have a car.  Since I have to wear khakis, I put all my clothes/phone/wallet in a small drawstring bag.  Somehow while I was riding to work tonight my wallet bounced out of the bag, and somebody found it, and brought it back to our house.  Our neighbor saw the person knocking on our door, and held on to it for us.

All my money was there, my debit card was there, all my stuff....I'm completely amazed that they didn't take anything, and actually returned it.  Faith in humanity rising

(04-18-2011, 10:39 PM)zaneyard link Wrote:yeah dude getting a finger in the ass is like taking a really good poop
(06-12-2012, 07:48 AM)HeK link Wrote:And people wonder why the US has the highest crime and murder rates out of any developed or first-world nation.

Total lack of metric system.
(01-27-2013, 11:14 PM)LT Crow link Wrote:This is why you keep a stocked bar.  You don't ever run out of booze.  You just might have to switch to a different drink.
(11-05-2013, 08:35 PM)rumbot link Wrote:I don't think I've ever said this, but, wow that's an amazing dress and whoever designed it should get an award.
(01-03-2014, 12:08 AM)CPT Crow link Wrote:I have bourbon on my keyboard.  It got there through my nose.
[Image: brosquadtaghobro-1.png]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

08-25-2010, 11:23 PM

(08-25-2010, 11:16 PM)Hobospartan link Wrote: I ride my bike to work, because I don't have a car.  Since I have to wear khakis, I put all my clothes/phone/wallet in a small drawstring bag.  Somehow while I was riding to work tonight my wallet bounced out of the bag, and somebody found it, and brought it back to our house.  Our neighbor saw the person knocking on our door, and held on to it for us.

All my money was there, my debit card was there, all my stuff....I'm completely amazed that they didn't take anything, and actually returned it.  Faith in humanity rising
Always happy to hear stuff like this.

Everybody's way too paranoid nowadays.
Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

08-26-2010, 12:33 AM

(08-25-2010, 11:23 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=3603.msg171002#msg171002 date=1282796218]
I ride my bike to work, because I don't have a car.  Since I have to wear khakis, I put all my clothes/phone/wallet in a small drawstring bag.  Somehow while I was riding to work tonight my wallet bounced out of the bag, and somebody found it, and brought it back to our house.  Our neighbor saw the person knocking on our door, and held on to it for us.

[/quote]

I found someone's wallet once.  Was a pain in the ass trying to get ahold of them.  Finally got the right phone number by searching through the phone book, and throwing money into a pay phone (my own money).  Took about 3 hours of searching/waiting for them to show back up at the mall that I found it in.  I didn't even get a thank you.  I was 12.  Thanks for destroying my faith in humanity, you late-20's skank.

Still, I'd do it again if faced with the situation.
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

08-26-2010, 01:12 AM

(08-26-2010, 12:33 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=3603.msg171004#msg171004 date=1282796596]
[quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=3603.msg171002#msg171002 date=1282796218]

[/quote]

I found someone's wallet once.  Was a pain in the ass trying to get ahold of them.  Finally got the right phone number by searching through the phone book, and throwing money into a pay phone (my own money).  Took about 3 hours of searching/waiting for them to show back up at the mall that I found it in.  I didn't even get a thank you.  I was 12.  Thanks for destroying my faith in humanity, you late-20's skank.

[/quote]

It's always nice to hear things like that. Gestures like that remind me that there are genuinely decent people who do something not for a reward, but out of the goodness of their hearts.

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

08-26-2010, 08:25 AM

(08-25-2010, 11:23 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=3603.msg171002#msg171002 date=1282796218]

[/quote]

It's nice to hear stories like this one, but it isn't enough for me to stop being paranoid. When people break into my car to steal my gum it's enough for me to expect them to steal something I leave laying on the ground. I'll be surprised when they don't but I won't expect them to give it back.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-26-2010, 08:39 AM

(08-26-2010, 12:33 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=3603.msg171004#msg171004 date=1282796596]
[quote author=Hobospartan link=topic=3603.msg171002#msg171002 date=1282796218]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I found one on the job once when I was 15, but it was a whole purse someone had left in the basket of her shopping cart, turned it in and she ended up giving me $40 if I recall correctly.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

08-26-2010, 08:41 AM

I had my car vandalized twice in a 6 month span once.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-26-2010, 08:44 AM

(08-26-2010, 08:41 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: I had my car vandalized twice in a 6 month span once.

Hey, quit fucking up the lovefest. 

Vlambo
BRB, Posting

08-26-2010, 09:26 AM

I've found 2 wallets in my life time. The first one was a guy on my street at the time, and being the paper boy, he was the only guy to EVER tip me. So I brought it back to him, and he gave me $50. Twas pretty sweet.

The second one however, the dude who owned it was a colossal dick. He would always yell at my friends and I for being too loud at like 2 pm in the afternoon, always got into yelling matches with my father over retarded stuff and always sped down our road at 120 km/h (Almost hit me 3 or 4 times). So, you know what I did when I found his wallet with $300? I took the money, cut the wallet in half, threw one half in his backyard (with the useless cards) and gave the other half to my friend to get rid of it.

Did I feel bad bout it? No, fucker deserved it.
PyroZombie
BRB, Posting

08-26-2010, 09:45 AM

(08-26-2010, 09:26 AM)Vlambo link Wrote: I've found 2 wallets in my life time. The first one was a guy on my street at the time, and being the paper boy, he was the only guy to EVER tip me. So I brought it back to him, and he gave me $50. Twas pretty sweet.

The second one however, the dude who owned it was a colossal dick. He would always yell at my friends and I for being too loud at like 2 pm in the afternoon, always got into yelling matches with my father over retarded stuff and always sped down our road at 120 km/h (Almost hit me 3 or 4 times). So, you know what I did when I found his wallet with $300? I took the money, cut the wallet in half, threw one half in his backyard (with the useless cards) and gave the other half to my friend to get rid of it.

This is how karma gets started. +1, but I wouldn't walk under any ladders.

I returned a woman's pearl necklace and received 20 bucks. I then began to think of ways to conceal things from people and then return them. Never got up because I was a kid, and I'm easily distracted.

[Image: zombie_che_sticker_400.jpg]

Blue Crew.....I got nothing flashy set up.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

08-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Don't get me wrong, I've always returned what I found or tried to, whenever possible. I talk shit but I'd feel terrible about keeping something that didn't belong to me.

But not everyone is nice.

Left my winter coat on the back of my chair once at the university. It was a shitty coat. I was gone for literally less than two minutes. Guess what? Stolen. No one ever turned it into the lost and found, either. I've "lost" plenty of other stuff there as well that people just keep, including my best moonstone pendulum. >Sad  Fell out of my pocket while I was napping in the commons.
KorJax
BRB, Posting

08-26-2010, 11:45 AM

Went to my first dance club last night. Started off kinda "meh" because I simply wasn't in a very good mood with my life at the moment, but was still enjoying the music. After being there for an hour or two with friends it's like I finally managed to forget the troubles and had a blast dancing to hard style beats n' shit. Afterwards we went over to a denny's (which was a little to close to my ex's university for comfort), and I got home at about 5am.

The club is the only dance club in the dayton area, and technically is a "gay club". From what I've heard I didn't think it would be all that great (i.e. only playing stuff like madonna) but it was actually pretty sweet and the dance floor was completely decked out with just about every lighting device imaginable going CRAZY with the smoke machines blasting cool ice on the dance floor at intervals.

The downstairs was kind of a lounge area with it's own dance area and a big bar. before midnight the place was a bit chillax playing some random remixes to pop songs. Once the crowd came though (which is mostly a wigger-black demigraphic) they blasted the music to some god aweful "rap music with bass".

Luckily the main dance floor on the second floor was (mostly) playing awesome hard style and occasionally hard trance. The place in question:

[Image: 286712445.jpg]

[Image: 286712437.jpg]

BRB.U FIELD REPORTER, OUT!  8)

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

08-26-2010, 11:46 AM

(08-26-2010, 09:45 AM)PyroZombie link Wrote: [quote author=Vlambo link=topic=3603.msg171030#msg171030 date=1282832813]
I've found 2 wallets in my life time. The first one was a guy on my street at the time, and being the paper boy, he was the only guy to EVER tip me. So I brought it back to him, and he gave me $50. Twas pretty sweet.

This is how karma gets started. +1, but I wouldn't walk under any ladders.

I returned a woman's pearl necklace and received 20 bucks. I then began to think of ways to conceal things from people and then return them. Never got up because I was a kid, and I'm easily distracted.
[/quote]

I gave a girl a "pearl necklace" once.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

08-26-2010, 02:02 PM

When this page was loading on my phone, all I saw for a sec at the bottom was someone saying something about giving a pearl necklace and assumed it was crow.

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-26-2010, 03:33 PM

(08-26-2010, 02:02 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: When this page was loading on my phone, all I saw for a sec at the bottom was someone saying something about giving a pearl necklace and assumed it was crow.

The thing that should have tipped you off that it wasn't me is "once."

When did I become a douchebag?  Oh yeah, Army.  Hoo.Ah. 

Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

08-26-2010, 03:52 PM

(08-26-2010, 11:44 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I've "lost" plenty of other stuff there as well that people just keep, including my best moonstone pendulum. >Sad  Fell out of my pocket while I was napping in the commons.

this sounds like a quest or something

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-26-2010, 05:14 PM

(08-26-2010, 03:33 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: The thing that should have tipped you off that it wasn't me is "once."
well played.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu