Hello There, Guest! Register

Magic
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-09-2014, 01:28 PM

My Naya Fog/Lifegain/Tokens deck is playable and does stuff.  It hasn't won a game yet, or played it in multiplayer.

I am looking to add these cards to it:
Avacyn, Angel of Hope (more like angel of dope, amiright?)
Sigarda, Host of Herons (She will replace my Tajuru Preserver)
Gisella, Blade of Goldnight (Take 2x damage, I'll take half)
Test of Endurance (Beginning of upkeep @ 50 or more life?  I win)
Felidar Sovereign (40 or more life at the beginning of my upkeep?  I win)  Side note:  I can whip out this 6 drop turn four and I am very proud of that.
Spike Weaver (Fog 4 days)
Spore Frog (Frog 4 days)
Mimic Vat (Because turbo frog)
Possibly gonna add Mayael's Anima (have power 5+ creature?  put +1/+1 on each of your creatures.  10 or greater power?  Here's ten life.  20 or greater power?  Winner winner Chicken Dinner).  Especially cuz Serra Avatar(because funny having something bigger than Eldrazi).

Should I add Huntmaster of the Fells for the token generation?  I still have issues with fliers currently.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 01:30 PM by The Generic Name.)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-09-2014, 02:09 PM

I don't advise people on how to build decks for modern, because I have zero handle on the meta.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-09-2014, 03:59 PM

(05-09-2014, 02:09 PM)at0m link Wrote: I don't advise people on how to build decks for modern, because I have zero handle on the meta.

This is EDH, not modern Tongue

Neptune
Lurker

05-10-2014, 11:05 AM

(05-09-2014, 01:28 PM)The Generic Name link Wrote: My Naya Fog/Lifegain/Tokens deck is playable and does stuff.  It hasn't won a game yet, or played it in multiplayer.

Felidar Sovereign (40 or more life at the beginning of my upkeep?  I win)  Side note:  I can whip out this 6 drop turn four and I am very proud of that.
Spore Frog (Frog 4 days)
Possibly gonna add Mayael's Anima (have power 5+ creature?  put +1/+1 on each of your creatures.  10 or greater power?  Here's ten life.  20 or greater power?  Winner winner Chicken Dinner).  Especially cuz Serra Avatar(because funny having something bigger than Eldrazi).

Should I add Huntmaster of the Fells for the token generation?  I still have issues with fliers currently.

List?
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-10-2014, 02:46 PM

(05-10-2014, 11:05 AM)Neptune link Wrote: [quote author=The Generic Name link=topic=4446.msg278331#msg278331 date=1399660093]
My Naya Fog/Lifegain/Tokens deck is playable and does stuff.  It hasn't won a game yet, or played it in multiplayer.

Spore Frog (Frog 4 days)

List?
[/quote]

I will make it soon(ish)

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-12-2014, 09:10 AM

Speaking of tokens, I'm still working on paring this down to a reasonable size, and I haven't even gotten all the stuff on my buylist on there yet.... http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dega-token-recursion/

The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-12-2014, 10:12 AM

I don't know if I posted these before, but here my current decks I have on tapped out:

BUG: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/damias-de...destroyer/  (Iam keeping Sylvan Primordial ibn there because i dont exploit ETB effects because I am not a dick, except when I Trauma-bog you Tongue)
Ruric Thar: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thars-angry-face/

UPDATE:

Here is my Naya Decklist:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-tokenslifegainfog/

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 11:04 AM by The Generic Name.)
Promic
N00b

05-12-2014, 11:26 AM

magic very interesting.
Neptune
Lurker

05-12-2014, 10:15 PM

(05-12-2014, 10:12 AM)The Generic Name link Wrote: I don't know if I posted these before, but here my current decks I have on tapped out:

BUG: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/damias-de...destroyer/  (Iam keeping Sylvan Primordial ibn there because i dont exploit ETB effects because I am not a dick, except when I Trauma-bog you Tongue)
Ruric Thar: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thars-angry-face/

UPDATE:

Here is my Naya Decklist:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-tokenslifegainfog/

DISCLAIMER: I'm not just being an over-all, general elitist prick.  I feel it's my duty to provide decktech and the benefit of my 17 years of Magic experience to my friends.  With that said...

"I know it's banned, but I'm not removing him" is exactly the kind of players that got it banned in the first place.  I never had a problem with the card, myself, but I will not play against that deck with that card in it.  Basically, you have to allow others to play whatever banned cards they want, as well, and that's not healthy for the format.

Traumatize is a bad card that does literally nothing for you.  I know it's a casual favorite; I just don't know why.  Unless you're looking for fuel to reanimate or use with the Mimeoplasm, it's a dead card that Timewalks your opponent (and in that case, there are better cards).  In a lot of cases, it accelerates your opponent because they use their graveyard.  Yeah, I suppose you could wait for the Bog in that case, but you have still given the table a whole turn to abuse you without advancing your gameplan.  That also makes it worthless *without* the bog, since it doesn't do anything on its own.

Your Ruric Thar actually has a lot of elements of my own Ruric Thar.  Except that in yours, I see 33 cards that deal you six damage.  A great deal of those spells can be replaced by creature-based variants.  You can even make some of those into "instants" with Yeva, Nature's Herald.

Earthquake -> Jiwari, the Earth Aflame
Concordant Crossroads ->Anger, Cyclops of Eternal Fury, Goblin Bushwhacker, Hellraiser Goblin, Urbrask
Leyline of Punishment -> Stigma Lasher
Comet Storm -> Polukranos
Harrow or anything that gets mana -> Llanowar Elves, Birds of Paradise, or similar.
Hull Breach -> Indrik Stomphowler, Viridian Shaman, Uktabi Orangutan, Bane of Progress, Viashino Heretic, Wickerbough Elder
any sweeper -> Bloodfire Colossus
card draw -> Primordial Sage, Heartwood Storyteller, Soul of the Harvest
Worldly Tutor -> Fierce Empath

...Bear Umbra is worth it, since it's a combo with Hellkite Charger.  I'd take 6 for that.

In all of your lists, you should be running 38 lands.  I run 37 or 38 in almost all of my decks with mana rocks on top of that.  Your lists look very mana-light and I know you spend a lot of turns going "Gee, I wish I didn't miss those land drops."

I just now realize that I have one of Atom's lists open, but the same comment about land applies to him, especially since he's not green.  You need the land drops and can't afford to miss them since you can't ramp as efficiently as green does.  Drop, like, Weapon Surge, Cenn's Tactician, and Tempt with Glory for 3 basic land.  You'll be happier with them.

Also, no Lingering Souls?  Spectral Procession?  Midnight Haunting?  Those tokens carry Swords like Champions.

Finally, since we're sharing, here's the three lists I have up on Salvation.  I know why I shared these, but I don't know why I avoided others.  Maybe, someday, I'll post more.:
King Macar, Goldmember
Crovax the Cursed vampire tribal
Joven: A study of artifact hate
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 10:17 PM by Neptune.)
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-13-2014, 11:34 AM

I actually havent had issues with mana in my naya deck, just securing the win.  Ruric Thar only needs four mana for it to win, as a lot of my creatures are around four mana.  My bug deck may need some better mana fixing, but with mana facts and ramp I have in Green, I usually dont have an issue.  I am running 34 in Ruric Thar and BUG, but my ramp is currently really good in Naya, and I haven't ran into any issues (probably because 3 Drop General).

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 11:48 AM by The Generic Name.)
Neptune
Lurker

05-13-2014, 05:45 PM

(05-13-2014, 11:34 AM)The Generic Name link Wrote: I actually havent had issues with mana in my naya deck, just securing the win.

That's actually my point.  You need more resources to play more spells.  Tapping out for one spell a turn (unless it wins the game right there) is not a strategy.
Gasman
Lurker

05-13-2014, 10:06 PM

Generic poked me enough last night to remind me that I don't post enough.

I've had an idea for an edh deck for a while, but never got around to doing anything with it and would like some help on it.

Animar, Soul of Elements WiP

The idea is to use spiritcraft from the kamigawa block with Animar. Spirits and arcane spells are a personal favorite of mine, despite their flaws, and I think Animar can make them more usable. Nothing is set in stone, and I am too lazy to sift through the entirety of the game to find anything else to add. It needs a lot more mana fixing, a lot of cleaning up, etc. The maybeboard has things in it that I think are possible to fit in, but may not be reliable enough to include. It is ultimately something I want to stand on its own, so the theme of spiritcraft doesn't have to be rigid.

Edit:

I cleaned up the deck and added lands to it. I still think it's missing something but I can't put my finger on it.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 12:26 PM by Gasman.)
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

02-17-2015, 11:38 PM

I cast
[Image: 142.jpg]
On this Thread.  Does it resolve?  Yes it does because I've got EDH deck updates.
New Decks!
Narset
Morph me Baby One More Time
Daghatar and the Legion of Oom
I've got three others that haven't been posted, but they either need work for me to be happy playing them or I just don't like playing it as much

Updated Decks!
RTFC; Ruric Thar you Fucking Cunts
Damia puts all yo spells in the yard, damn right, Shes better than yours
Marath makes the tokens, Purphuros makes it brokens

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 12:53 AM by The Generic Name.)
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

02-18-2015, 09:25 AM

Uhh, this is the deck that I've been building for standard
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-02-15-...o-control/

Want to do something different because I'm a special snowflake and I refuse to play dank rhino.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

02-18-2015, 09:57 AM

(02-18-2015, 09:25 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: Uhh, this is the deck that I've been building for standard
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-02-15-...o-control/

Want to do something different because I'm a special snowflake and I refuse to play dank rhino.

Why no Battlefield Thaumaturge?  Icy Blast all your dank critters for one blue mana seems good.  Gets even better with Shaman of the Great Hunt out.  Makes Curse of Swine an option as well. I would replace a playset of those Triton Shorestalker for a playset of the Thaumaturge

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 09:59 AM by The Generic Name.)
zaneyard

02-18-2015, 02:37 PM

I thought about it, but I don't have much to trigger heroic and the 2 drop is already pretty crowded. That and it would only really affect 2 spells. The focus was more on playing evasive creatures to trigger ordeal and card draw to add counters and shit.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

02-28-2015, 01:57 AM

[Image: E2KHsqG.jpg]

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
zaneyard

02-28-2015, 11:20 AM

if picture taker knew how much that was worth...

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

02-28-2015, 11:53 AM

It's sleeved

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Neptune
Lurker

02-28-2015, 12:45 PM

Or a fake.  Looks a little glossy to me and I can't see the sleeve that would give it that sheen.