Hello There, Guest! Register

ZOMG medic unlocks revealed
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-16-2008, 04:42 PM

(04-16-2008, 09:20 AM)negate link Wrote: The Blutsaugher
For players that earn one third of the 36 new medic achievements, they will be given a new syringe gun. Called "The Blutsaugher," this new weapon no longer has the ability to score critical hits against an opponent. Instead it will draw health from enemies each time a syringe hits. Especially useful as a weapon to retreat away from the fight while staying alive.

The Critzcrieg
Once a medic has earned two thirds of the achievements, they will be granted "The Critzcrieg." This new medigun uses its ubercharge not for invulnerability, but to give its recipient 100% chance to fire critical ordinance. Medics and the player they are charging need to be careful though, because as much fun as it is to fire critical rockets as fast as you can, the other team will see what you're up to and try to put a quick stop to your plan.

The Ubersaw
For the determined medic that has earned all 36 of the new achievements, they will find themselves the proud owner of "The Ubersaw," which will take damage done in melee attacks and convert it directly to ubercharge. Four hits with this new weapon will fully charge whatever medigun the medic has equipped.
Source
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52236

Holy shit. That ubersaw is nuts 4 hits and uber = hey don't kill that spy let me saw him for teh uberz. How does that have any disadvantage except taking a ton of achieving to get? Seriously.
Also shameless plug to my cblog inserted here.
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/negate/...1841.phtml

I totally read that as buttslaughter the first time...
;D

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-16-2008, 04:50 PM

Why do you think Valve took so long to make this... :Smile so they could balance it. Adding new content to a well-balanced game doesn't always fuck it up. Look at Starcraft and Brood War. Sure, you have occasional people bitching about it, but Brood War, imo, is just as balanced, if not more so, than the original.

ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

04-16-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:1) Better Documentation for Hammer TF2 Mapping - for the love of god its almost non-existent

You speak the bitter truth, sir.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

04-16-2008, 06:35 PM

Remember, this is Valve talking here. Who puts more time into making things perfect than Valve? It will be balanced... somehow.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-16-2008, 06:44 PM

I'm honestly more pissed about the highly implausible achievement crap they've added to unlock this stuff.  Way to encourage the community to make private servers to unlock your new content, instead of encouraging them to play the fucking game.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-16-2008, 06:52 PM

(04-16-2008, 06:44 PM)Wedge link Wrote: I'm honestly more pissed about the highly implausible achievement crap they've added to unlock this stuff.  Way to encourage the community to make private servers to unlock your new content, instead of encouraging them to play the fucking game.

Agreed...although im positive Caf won't let any achievement whoring go down on the server but its all just retarded.  I mean the accumulated achievements are fine but the ones where you have to have a heavy punch out 5 guys during one uber is just made for "Achievement whoring sessions". 

Its just sad...
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

04-16-2008, 07:46 PM

Can't wait; now it might even be better than Halo.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-16-2008, 07:50 PM

(04-16-2008, 06:52 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=129.msg3040#msg3040 date=1208389467]
I'm honestly more pissed about the highly implausible achievement crap they've added to unlock this stuff.  Way to encourage the community to make private servers to unlock your new content, instead of encouraging them to play the fucking game.

Agreed...although im positive Caf won't let any achievement whoring go down on the server but its all just retarded. 
[/quote]

Oh shit son, gimme a reason to ban people.

FNF - Achievement whoring Edition

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
1Trace1

04-16-2008, 09:32 PM

@spore

I agree. We'll have to wait and see till all the classes get their respective updates how well the games balance has been preserved.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

04-16-2008, 11:20 PM

I think I'll do enough of these achievements to get the cruber going..just in casem, but those achievements are pretty insane..if they do this for sniper..I might just have to cream my jeans.

Creepy..yes..fun...maybe.

Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

04-17-2008, 01:28 AM

What I don't like about the Ubersaw is that it's just going to encourage idiots to saw instead of heal.

Well, it IS the last unlockable, so that might weed a few of the douches out I suppose...
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

04-17-2008, 03:48 AM

Eh... They don't seem as bad as I expected but I'll have to see them in action...

The thing I'm most pissed off about is that they're doing one class at a time so that we'll see a dramatic increase of medics with this update, a dramatic increase of soldiers next update, etc etc etc Just release them all at the same time so people can specialize and we can see what the final balance will be.

@Caff

Don't turn it off immediatly, let's see what how they play first. Who knows, maybe it will be balanced well and they might make the game more unpredictable...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

04-17-2008, 05:27 AM

Well we'll have to unlock them first...sigh..

I guess it's good they are releasing these updates in time for summer...heh..and I'm still writing this damn Hawthorne research paper..

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-17-2008, 01:01 PM

The first one sounds pretty cool. I can't count how many times I've died while retreating as a medic because I was just in range.

The second one I'm cautious about. I can definitely see some balancing issues, although I'd like to hope Valve sees them too and has addressed them.

The third one sounds pretty ridiculous, although to be honest I can't see a medic able to get in four bonesaw hits and get away long enough to set up the uber happening very often. Also, iirc some of the medic achievements will be frickin' hard to get, so this isn't something people will get out of the box. Of the three I can definitely see almost everyone choosing this one over the normal bonesaw though. :S

I'm definitely still on the fence about the weapons, but I love the idea of more achievements. Just neat things to try out to keep the class interesting. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-17-2008, 01:03 PM

(04-17-2008, 01:01 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: The first one sounds pretty cool. I can't count how many times I've died while retreating as a medic because I was just in range.

The second one I'm cautious about. I can definitely see some balancing issues, although I'd like to hope Valve sees them too and has addressed them.

The third one sounds pretty ridiculous, although to be honest I can't see a medic able to get in four bonesaw hits and get away long enough to set up the uber happening very often. Also, iirc some of the medic achievements will be frickin' hard to get, so this isn't something people will get out of the box. Of the three I can definitely see almost everyone choosing this one over the normal bonesaw though. :S

I'm definitely still on the fence about the weapons, but I love the idea of more achievements. Just neat things to try out to keep the class interesting. Smile

Don't forget the bonesaw is slower too.  Like 20% I think.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-17-2008, 01:23 PM

(04-17-2008, 01:01 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: The first one sounds pretty cool. I can't count how many times I've died while retreating as a medic because I was just in range.

I would have to say 75% of those achievements can only be reached by "Whoring" though.  So the people who do have access to said weapons probably didn't deserve them
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

04-17-2008, 03:01 PM

ok guys I want to shoot a vid where I uber a heavy and he punches out 4 people while ubered to the punchout theme.  Smile

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

04-18-2008, 06:05 PM

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18489

tight

lolneedler

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2008, 06:08 PM by jorge.)
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-18-2008, 07:01 PM

So apparently they lied when they said the Crituber is a big visible yellow thing?  I could barely tell when it was being used at all.  Still no confirmation on if it can be stacked with a normal uber either?  The bloodsucker gun didn't seem to restore very much health, so dunno how useful it is.  And the Ubersaw looked like it was faster than the Bonesaw in it's attack animation, wtf?  That thing seems sounds totally broken, and really makes me hate how much it's going to have people whoring out achievements when you need ALL OF THEM to get it.

I do like the train thingy though, especially how it blows up and kills you when you win XD.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-18-2008, 08:15 PM

(04-18-2008, 07:01 PM)Wedge link Wrote: So apparently they lied when they said the Crituber is a big visible yellow thing?  I could barely tell when it was being used at all.  Still no confirmation on if it can be stacked with a normal uber either?  The bloodsucker gun didn't seem to restore very much health, so dunno how useful it is.  And the Ubersaw looked like it was faster than the Bonesaw in it's attack animation, wtf?  That thing seems sounds totally broken, and really makes me hate how much it's going to have people whoring out achievements when you need ALL OF THEM to get it.

I do like the train thingy though, especially how it blows up and kills you when you win XD.

But IGN said how awesome and balanced it was.  And IGN never lies.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]