Be Right Back, Uninstalling
BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide (/showthread.php?tid=10839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - KorJax - 11-30-2009

(11-30-2009, 05:43 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=3793.msg124332#msg124332 date=1259555727]
Huge props to Versus and Caff for gifting me a copy.

I'm just starting to roll on the Siren, I'll have to sell my soul to get a GSID.

All in all though, I see the appeal, and its probably vastly better in multi, solo feels... hollow.

It was meant to be co-op'd
[/quote]

I did my first playthrough mostly completely solo, I still had a lot of fun.  It's a lot better with co-op though, especailly on playthrough 2 where the baddies and loot get insane.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Kor - 11-30-2009

GSID: UselessKor

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - If-I-Die-Its-Lag - 11-30-2009

Reminder to self. Get a better video card that has model shader 3.0

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Wedge - 11-30-2009

They never made enemies drop loot did they?  Made it so you can play with someone not exactly the same level as you?  No?  OK back to not playing it then =/.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - KarthXLR - 11-30-2009

Me and backfire are having issues connecting to any online game in Borderlands. Sad I hope this is just gsid sucking.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - at0m - 11-30-2009

I forwarded all of the ports listed in three different guides, rebooted my router, and everything works now.

7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)
28902 - not in the readme, but opening this port helped alot of people

Also forward port 6869 for private games.

TCP 28902 - 28902
TCP 29900 - 29900
UDP 7777 - 7783
UDP 7787 - 7787
UDP 6500 - 6500

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Tricks - 12-02-2009

http://kotaku.com/5416222/borderlands-the-zombie-island-of-dr-ned-micro+review-brains-optional?skyline=true&s=x

Discuss.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Ertai - 12-03-2009

(12-02-2009, 03:15 PM)Tricks link Wrote: http://kotaku.com/5416222/borderlands-the-zombie-island-of-dr-ned-micro+review-brains-optional?skyline=true&s=x

Discuss.

No, i will only discuss the PC release date.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - at0m - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 09:09 AM)Ertai link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3793.msg124853#msg124853 date=1259784927]
http://kotaku.com/5416222/borderlands-the-zombie-island-of-dr-ned-micro+review-brains-optional?skyline=true&s=x

Discuss.

[/quote]

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Tricks - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 09:09 AM)Ertai link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3793.msg124853#msg124853 date=1259784927]

Discuss.

[/quote]

Apologies, I should have fleshed out my original post more. Yes, Ertai, this does not discuss the PC release date. It does however give some real insight into the content of the upcoming DLC and how it impacts our current gameplay.

For example, the content in the DLC scales to the point you are currently in the main plot playthrough. If you are on Sledge for example on your second playthrough, the zombies will scale to be as difficult as those during that point in the game. The level cap is not being increased, so any experienced gained to a level-capped character in the new DLC is pretty much worthless. I’m going to leave my Siren sitting at 40 until the DLC comes out so I can at least continue to gain XP when playing through the content.

There is more info in the actual article, but those are the major points impacting your gameplay now. That and the fact it will be $10 more dollars.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - CaffeinePowered - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 09:43 AM)Tricks link Wrote: The level cap is not being increased, so any experienced gained to a level-capped character in the new DLC is pretty much worthless. I’m going to leave my Siren sitting at 40 until the DLC comes out so I can at least continue to gain XP when playing through the content.

There is more info in the actual article, but those are the major points impacting your gameplay now. That and the fact it will be $10 more dollars.

The level cap not changing is actually pretty lame IMO, even if you get no skill points at all for balance sake (lawl), I still think it should go to at least 60.

I already have a Hunter and a Siren at 50, and I care more about the boss fights and extra quests than leveling up at this point.

I'm wondering why the PC content would take longer? Are they trying to ensure some way of us actually paying for it? After the amount of free content we've gotten out of Valve I have a really tough time paying for anything some fan could do in a level editor. It either has to be of extremely high quality or a good deal of gameplay time to be worthwhile to me for any amount of money.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - at0m - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 09:51 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3793.msg124944#msg124944 date=1259851410]
The level cap is not being increased, so any experienced gained to a level-capped character in the new DLC is pretty much worthless. I’m going to leave my Siren sitting at 40 until the DLC comes out so I can at least continue to gain XP when playing through the content.

The level cap not changing is actually pretty lame IMO, even if you get no skill points at all for balance sake (lawl), I still think it should go to at least 60.

I already have a Hunter and a Siren at 50, and I care more about the boss fights and extra quests than leveling up at this point.

I'm wondering why the PC content would take longer? Are they trying to ensure some way of us actually paying for it? After the amount of free content we've gotten out of Valve I have a really tough time paying for anything some fan could do in a level editor. It either has to be of extremely high quality or a good deal of gameplay time to be worthwhile to me for any amount of money.
[/quote]Well this isn't technically out of valve, it's from Gearbox, so they can't really be held accountable for the free content Valve's given out. Also, what free content? Last I checked L4D2 is $50 Tongue STEAM has a way of handling DLC already, it's in use for games like The Maw (and indie game but still). Or do you mean the fact that you can pirate the game and then still play it online because the GSID system doesn't enforce any sort of security?

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - KorJax - 12-03-2009

I've always thought the best system would be to have no level cap at all, but make it so after a certain point you need such exponentially high levels of experience needed and lower levels of experience gained from doing "X" generic thing that you'll almost never gain a level unless "X" special task is performed.

During nearly every interview with Gearbox, they talked about how this was the FPS successor to Diablo II. Tons of loot, totally replayable, good community, etc. I don’t know if you guys were ever hardcore into DII, but a lot of that experience was based around being able go back and take down difficult bosses again and again (Bael runs, etc) and increasing the difficult settings to the point where if you died, it was just game over. The game could scale to be just as hard as you wanted it to be.

I don’t really see that in Borderlands. I think actual FPS content of the game is fantastic, but I don’t really get the “RPG” in the FPSRPG. I could be wrong, and I’m probably just a little bitter about the last boss fight being so forgettable (whooo two green Repeaters, sure glad I did that). It just seems like the game is so close to being fantastic, or else I really wouldn’t care.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - CaffeinePowered - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 10:43 AM)Tricks link Wrote: I don’t really see that in Borderlands. I think actual FPS content of the game is fantastic, but I don’t really get the “RPG” in the FPSRPG. I could be wrong, and I’m probably just a little bitter about the last boss fight being so forgettable (whooo two green Repeaters, sure glad I did that). It just seems like the game is so close to being fantastic, or else I really wouldn’t care.

I think they mean the skill trees and how you can level weapon proficiencies (which also cap out at 50), and totally agree, the giant vagina monster was pretty weak, I did get a pearl drop from it though.

The problems with borderlands remind me a lot of my experience with Mass Effect, its just so damn good you overlook a lot of things, but damn if they actually fixed the design problems it would be that much more ridiculously awesome.

They really need to release mod development tools for this, as far as I know there are actually a few attempts at making custom content using the stock UT3 map creator, not sure how well any of it works though.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Surf314 - 12-03-2009

The things you overlook tank the replayability.

This is just raw video of my level 19 X4 Fire SMG against the mini-boss who holds the mine key. I look away to kill the little shotgunners and he is pretty much dead. Elemental damage in this game is just stupid sometimes.

Just Stupid Easy.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Wedge - 12-03-2009

That's what I've said all along, except those problems made me stop playing the game after a couple days, instead of halfway through a second playthrough.

On a semi-related note, King's Bounty is one of the greatest lewt collectors ever, and the sequel/expansion is totally awesome if you don't mind it being a bit more of the same, with some better balance and tweaking.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Turtle - 12-05-2009

So this game is now working for me (i guess vista or something??)

I just looted some weird little Bandit Hideout and got a ton of awesome guns (all level 22 ;-Wink

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Turtle - 12-07-2009

my gsid: turtleeeee

people like the name turtle apparently ;-;