Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - Versus - 04-10-2012

alternately, spore

Re: question for _________ - Kor - 04-10-2012

(04-10-2012, 02:35 PM)LV15GAMER link Wrote: kor needs his own separate one just for rage

I like the idea of not conviently fitting into a predefined box.

Re: question for _________ - Hobospartan - 04-11-2012

Kor is clearly Chaotic Angry.

Re: question for _________ - KarthXLR - 04-17-2012

This is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while and keep forgetting about.

How does everyone obey the traffic laws in your towns? We have an unspoken rule here that the speed limit is actually 10 miles faster than the signs say. No one gets pulled over for it either.

Re: question for _________ - Dtrain323i - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 02:54 AM)Karth link Wrote: This is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while and keep forgetting about.

How does everyone obey the traffic laws in your towns? We have an unspoken rule here that the speed limit is actually 10 miles faster than the signs say. No one gets pulled over for it either.

I only follow the one's I care about. If I get pulled over I just consider it a "go fast" tax.

Re: question for _________ - Kirby - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 02:54 AM)Karth link Wrote: This is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while and keep forgetting about.

There's this one 3-way all stop intersection very close to my work, but the way it's laid out if you're making a right hand turn from a certain road to the one next to it that it should only be a yield.

You stand a very good chance of getting rear ended if you stop for this stop sign unless there's a car coming that you would normally yield to if it was, in fact, a yield. I've lost count of how many cops I've followed through that stop sign going 20mph+

A doodle on a google map because it's so much better looking than the ms-paint pro drawing I was about to post instead;

[Image: mspaintpro.png]

Re: question for _________ - matter11 - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 03:09 PM)«('«) link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=5854.msg243185#msg243185 date=1334649269]
This is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while and keep forgetting about.

There's this one 3-way all stop intersection very close to my work, but the way it's laid out if you're making a right hand turn from a certain road to the one next to it that it should only be a yield.

You stand a very good chance of getting rear ended if you stop for this stop sign unless there's a car coming that you would normally yield to if it was, in fact, a yield. I've lost count of how many cops I've followed through that stop sign going 20mph+

A doodle on a google map because it's so much better looking than the ms-paint pro drawing I was about to post instead;

[/quote]

be a vigilante and take it down. just don't wear a hoodie.

Re: question for _________ - Neptune - 04-17-2012

(04-10-2012, 01:28 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=versus link=topic=5854.msg241785#msg241785 date=1332658410]
[Image: csj2s.png]

im blaming this on ambien

I agree with more of this

Negate -> Surf
DarkChief -> Spore
Turtle -> Dtrain(?)

Chaotic Good I'm having the hardest trouble coming up with, maybe backfire?

Chaotic good is Moosendoo
[/quote]

I agree with Moose being CG.

I'd move Caff up to LN and Kirby over to LE.  Negate shuffles over to CE and versus down to NE.

Re: question for _________ - Hobospartan - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 03:09 PM)«('«) link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=5854.msg243185#msg243185 date=1334649269]

http://imgsvr.rilwar.info/mspaintpro.png
[/quote]

I usually just do 5 over the speed limit.  And rage at the fucktards who park right next to intersections and walk into the street with their kids without looking first.  There's an elementary school right next to my house that lets students leave right as I head out to work, and the amount of idiots congregated in one place is unbelievable.  I don't mind driving slow because cars are parked on both sides of the road, but people will get in/out of cars without checking the road first, or cross randomly, and not at the fucking crosswalk where they have a teacher with a stop sign to stop traffic to let these idiots cross safely.  Anyway, after I successfully navigate that deathtrap, I get to a really shitty intersection crossing into the mall where I work.  It's one of those kooky ones where there are two lanes, right one is right turn only, left is straight and left.  Which is fine, but the right hand turn lane goes 10 feet further than the left lane.  Which is fine, but the intersection isn't a straight shot, it's slightly bent.  Not much, but if someone is making a right, when I'm going straight, I have to go straight out into the intersection, then cut back right.  Because I'm so far left in the intersection, people going left on the other side think I'm going left, even though I clearly don't have my fucking turn signal on.  So people will start to make their turns, realize I'm going straight, and then start looking at me/making had gestures at me because it's a shitty intersection.

[Image: mspaintrookie.jpg]

Hopefully I explained that well, and hopefully that picture actually gives an idea of what I"m talking about.

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 04-18-2012

I have to take this thing every day:

[Image: 343068501_ff32fdf3f5.jpg]

Parts of it are 50km/h, parts are 60. Parts are two lanes, parts are three. Parts are two-way traffic, parts are one-way.
The loop contains a yield.

There aren't underpasses or flyovers, all the roads are on the same level.

There is a major feeder that isn't shown on the map. The actual intersection does not look anything like this sign....

Re: question for _________ - StolenToast - 04-18-2012

I used to drive on a 50 mp/h road every day, but it was unspokenly understood that the real speed limit was above 70.  Cops go along with it too.

As a bonus, there is this intersection along that same drive that apparently has magical powers of confoundment.  It starts from a dedicated turn lane and ends in an equally dedicated turn lane.  But, probably because of the trees, people who don't know what they're doing will drive up to the red X and stop, waiting for a break in oncoming traffic while backing up a quarter mile of cars behind them.  They'll sit there for about 5 seconds, then slowly creep forward until they realize whats going on and then they accelerate in record speeds  ;D.  Its funny to watch and incredibly irritating at the same time.
[Image: image000ey.png]

Re: question for _________ - kaese - 04-18-2012

Well, everyone drives 5 mph over the speed limit everywhere right?

I try to follow all traffic laws as best as I can and it astonishes me how many incompetent drivers there are out there. Just today, I was illegally passed on the left, they drove through double yellow lines just to get to their house maybe...5 seconds faster. I saw the car pull up into their driveway and apparently they live on my street. I may drop a letter in their mailbox expressing my disgust at their atrocious driving and their lack of patience haha.
I guess I can't understand why people are inclined to go >10 mph faster than the speed limit. You're only going to get to your destination maybe a minute earlier than the rest of us...what is the point.
But I guess they provide a good laugh for me when they get pulled over for speeding; now they'll be wasting their oh-so-precious time talking to the police.

I'm the most laid-back and traffic laws-obeying driver ever and I think everyone hates me because I do not share their mentality of rushing to places.

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 04-18-2012

(04-18-2012, 04:18 PM)Käse link Wrote: Well, everyone drives 5 mph over the speed limit everywhere right?

I guess I can't understand why people are inclined to go >10 mph faster than the speed limit. You're only going to get to your destination maybe a minute earlier than the rest of us...what is the point.

I'm the most laid-back and traffic laws-obeying driver ever and I think everyone hates me because I do not share their mentality of rushing to places.

Going fast is fun. Vroom vroom. I keep focused on long stretches of interstate by analyzing the flow of traffic and figuring out how to get past slower sections with minimum loss of momentum. It's also fun finding other drivers who do the same and using them as a sort of early warning system for cops and unfavorable/favorable lane changes. Weaving and cutting people off are for neurotic drivers (like your neighbor). I stay the hell away from them... I've seen way too many near-misses made by idiots who only know how to cut across lanes and alternate mashing the gas pedal with mashing the brakes.

As far as slower drivers go, so long as you hang to the rightmost lanes, don't brake sporadically,  and use turn signals properly, I have no issues and will harbor no rage.

Re: question for _________ - Kirby - 04-18-2012

(04-18-2012, 04:47 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Käse link=topic=5854.msg243285#msg243285 date=1334783904]

Going fast is fun. Vroom vroom. I keep focused on long stretches of interstate by analyzing the flow of traffic and figuring out how to get past slower sections with minimum loss of momentum. It's also fun finding other drivers who do the same and using them as a sort of early warning system for cops and unfavorable/favorable lane changes. Weaving and cutting people off are for neurotic drivers (like your neighbor). I stay the hell away from them... I've seen way too many near-misses made by idiots who only know how to cut across lanes and alternate mashing the gas pedal with mashing the brakes.

As far as slower drivers go, so long as you hang to the rightmost lanes, don't brake sporadically,  and use turn signals properly, I have no issues and will harbor no rage.
[/quote]

I used to do 3hr commute on i-95 daily, and p.much this.

Re: question for _________ - kaese - 04-18-2012

(04-18-2012, 04:47 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Käse link=topic=5854.msg243285#msg243285 date=1334783904]

[/quote]

I rarely drive on highways so everything I said only applies to city/residential streets. I don't care if you speed on the highway, everyone has to at some point in order to pass people in the right lanes anyways.
Also, thanks for bringing up turn signals. Turn signals are not optional, is it really that difficult to flick your finger and let the rest of the world know what you plan on doing so we can prepare to slow down (if driving behind), etc?

Re: question for _________ - matter11 - 04-24-2012

I've noticed the gif posted more than once so are kipping (crossfit) pull ups actually that bad? I've never been great at pull ups and since my new workout requires them I've been trying to improve. Yet, whenever I do them, my body just wants to tilt itself. By the time I'm at the top of the bar my body is probably around a 60 degree relative to the ground. I've tried correcting the form but it's just unnatural for me. the only Way I can stay straight is if I go all the way back down to an elbow lock. I don't kick my feet like crossfitters but If I try to keep any steady rhythm I just tilt and swing a lot.

Re: question for _________ - Kor - 04-24-2012

(04-24-2012, 11:56 AM)matter11 link Wrote: I've noticed the gif posted more than once so are kipping (crossfit) pull ups actually that bad? I've never been great at pull ups and since my new workout requires them I've been trying to improve. Yet, whenever I do them, my body just wants to tilt itself. By the time I'm at the top of the bar my body is probably around a 60 degree relative to the ground. I've tried correcting the form but it's just unnatural for me. the only Way I can stay straight is if I go all the way back down to an elbow lock. I don't kick my feet like crossfitters but If I try to keep any steady rhythm I just tilt and swing a lot.

I'm not the expert around here, but doesn't sound out of place, flexing your core during pull ups seems natural.

Re: question for _________ - copulatingduck - 04-25-2012

(04-24-2012, 11:56 AM)matter11 link Wrote: I've noticed the gif posted more than once so are kipping (crossfit) pull ups actually that bad? I've never been great at pull ups and since my new workout requires them I've been trying to improve. Yet, whenever I do them, my body just wants to tilt itself. By the time I'm at the top of the bar my body is probably around a 60 degree relative to the ground. I've tried correcting the form but it's just unnatural for me. the only Way I can stay straight is if I go all the way back down to an elbow lock. I don't kick my feet like crossfitters but If I try to keep any steady rhythm I just tilt and swing a lot.

If you don't have great form, kipping will fuck your elbows and/or rotator cuff royally. Gif is probably posted a lot because by and large, cross-fitters aren't taught how much form matters. Instructors usually just volunteer "if you're not in pain, you're not getting a workout" because honestly any idiot with a bit of change in their pocket can get certified as a xfit instructor.

It's great that xfit has given a lot of people the motivation they need to actually exercise: it's a tragedy that the folks who started the craze didn't emphasize how important form is.

Personally, I'd suggest just doing regular pullups. Some degree of tilt is to be expected, that's just how leverage works. A 60‌° angle is probably a bit much though, just make sure your back and legs or straight, or even pitch your feet ever so slightly forward as a sort of counter-balance.

Re: question for _________ - KarthXLR - 05-23-2012

Has anyone ever insisted that you knew what the cause/solution of a solution was, but no one believed you? Later on, it turns out you were 100% right?

For example:
About 2 years ago, my internet would frequently drop out every 5-10 minutes, only briefly. Made playing online games pretty nigh-impossible. I swore that it wasn't an issue on our end, and that our provider was at fault (this had been going on for close to a year now). My dad would never believe me, always insisted it was a problem with our wiring. So one day we get fed up and call a service truck to check out our problem. Turns out the splitter or amplifier or whatever for the entire neighborhood was on the fritz and needed to be replaced. I was right the whole time.

Re: question for _________ - Versus - 05-23-2012

(05-23-2012, 05:59 PM)Karth link Wrote: Has anyone ever insisted that you knew what the cause/solution of a solution was, but no one believed you? Later on, it turns out you were 100% right?

no one