Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - at0m - 05-03-2013

would help if you linked from one thread to the other if you actually want an answer

Re: question for _________ - rumsfald - 05-03-2013

(05-03-2013, 10:50 AM)Vlambo link Wrote: The hell is going on with that door in the douche pic.

My favorite hypothesis is that the doorknob is hotwired to a 220v plug to "welcome" surprise visitors.

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 05-03-2013

(05-03-2013, 03:45 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Vlambo link=topic=5854.msg266047#msg266047 date=1367596239]
The hell is going on with that door in the douche pic.

My favorite hypothesis is that the doorknob is hotwired to a 220v plug to "welcome" surprise visitors.
[/quote]

as always, the truth is much less interesting. 

Those are exercise bands, so he can try to get his swell on. 

rofl. 

Re: question for _________ - rumsfald - 05-03-2013

I didn't say that was right, just it was the most entertaining thing that ran through my mind.

Re: question for _________ - k0ala - 05-05-2013

Mowing my face:
I shave with Williams mug soap (the cheap stuff) and a brush. I lather up face, head, and neck, right after showering, then go to work with a Gilette Fusion Power.
I shave once with the grain of the hair; then rinse my head with ice cold water so what's left of the hair stands up straight; then shave against the grain, using light hand pressure to lift the follicles perpendicular to the blade path and feel for any place the razor missed.

Edit: Bay Rum aftershave. Mild antibiotic and smells classically manly.

Re: question for _________ - zaneyard - 05-05-2013

http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Essentials-Deodorant-Unscented/dp/B001CI8NZI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367799670&sr=8-2&keywords=essentials+deodorant
This is the deodorant that I use. Any aluminum based antiperspirant makes my shirts have dark spots on the underarms after a while. Even though this isn't an antiperspirant, it still works well for keeping my pits dry. I find that even the strongest of antiperspirants can't stop the sweat if i'm too hot anyway, so might as well make sure I don't get nasty rashes from the medicine. The fresh scent is ok too, but I don't need another scent on top of my bodywash.

The bodywash I use is Old spice "after hours" It's the scent I've used for the longest time so I like to keep that specific scent on my clothes. Stay away from bar soaps because they can attract bacteria and shit while they are sitting in the shower.

Occasionally I'll put one spritz of some random cologne I have from a birthday on my chest if I think I'm going to get laid or something (ha, like that ever happens)

I've been struggling with flakes in my hair, so I've been using head and shoulders. I'm not really sure if it makes a difference or not. Gonna buzz my head soon anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much.
I used to use Ganier Fructise (sp?) daily 2 in 1, but I don't have enough hair anymore to need it (RIP my hairline) For those in the same position, would you recommend Axe's Armor?

Sensodyne for toothpaste, but I still get hypersensitivity problems so maybe i shouldn't bother using it or maybe it just makes it less worse.

Shaving I just use whatever they sent me when I turned 18 (I've since replaced the shaving cream and blades), but I can't grow much of a beard so I don't need to use a blade often and usually just buzz it with ane electric that's been laying around.

Been trying a few new facewashes for my acne but I can't ever seem to get my face to be completely clear like I would like it, so I can't really recommend anything I've used.

Would you guys do me a favor and elaborate more on facewashes and face moisturizers and shit like that? I'd really like to get my face cleared up a little more.

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 05-05-2013

(05-05-2013, 07:29 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: Would you guys do me a favor and elaborate more on facewashes and face moisturizers and shit like that? I'd really like to get my face cleared up a little more.

Aside from escaping puberty, there are a few things that have helped me avoid the worst of what my crappy skin can throw at my face. Face wash brand or whatever is up to personal preference, but be sure it contains salicylic acid as its active ingredient. It has anti-inflammatory properties and does a good job of keeping your skin feeling fresh and clean. Alcohol based products such as after shave will also help cut down on bacteria in your skin and will tighten your pores after a wash so dirt doesn't get back in. Moisturizer is pretty important as well, but you can go with anything that feels light and doesn't end up clogging your pores.

If acne is still a concern, go to a dermatologist and get a prescription for an antibiotic cream. I have one that's benzoyl peroxide based that's been working pretty well.

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 05-05-2013

Accutane.  A year out of highschool having a horribly dry face (I literally smeared Vaseline over my face in the morning, I actually looked normal) in exchange for no more acne outbreaks.  Ever.   

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 05-05-2013

(05-05-2013, 09:20 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: Accutane.  A year out of highschool having a horribly dry face (I literally smeared Vaseline over my face in the morning, I actually looked normal) in exchange for no more acne outbreaks.  Ever.   

I'm actually it just for the sake of never having to deal with any of that crap anywhere at any time. Accutane isn't completely risk free, so I'm hesitant.

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 05-05-2013

yeah, you will occasionally look in the mirror and want to kill yourself.  That didn't seem so atypical from normal teenage life so I just rolled with it. 

Re: question for _________ - kaese - 05-05-2013

My doctor gave me a prescription for acne, basically I get some clindamycin (an antibiotic) from behind the counter and mix it with a strong off the counter acne cream that contains benzoyl peroxide. It definitely dries out my skin so using moisturizer is a must (or else you'll break out even more lol). I recommend the moisturizer I linked in a past post (it was the yellow Clinique one, "dramatically different moisturizer" or something like that).
I've used the Olay facial moisturizers as well and they are a bit heavier but quite nice. I've heard Cetaphil is a good brand as well (and non-scented!). These are both readily available at your local Target or big box store. Or Walgreens. Try to avoid moisturizers with a lot of extra frills such as artificial scents, those types of chemicals are usually not so good for your skin.

At the moment I don't have as much acne so I just use a gel that contains salicylic acid after I wash my face and moisturize etc etc. I use this : http://www.shiseido.com/pureness-blemish-clearing-gel/0730852167100,en_US,pd.html?cgid=skincare-pureness
Kind of pricey and probably not even worth it so I'd recommend just getting a cheaper brand with the same important stuff (salicylic acid).

Also consider applying a facial mask once or twice a week. I'm not sure if it does much but it certainly feels nice! (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod5022025)
I also use a facial scrub before I apply the soap in hopes of getting rid of the dead skin. ( http://www.stives.com/Facial-Products/Naturally-Clear/Blemish-%28and%29-Blackhead-Control-Apricot-Scrub/)

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 05-06-2013

what's the deal with 'bodywash' products? why are they so popular and how could they possibly be better than actual soap?

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 05-06-2013

(05-06-2013, 12:17 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: what's the deal with 'bodywash' products? why are they so popular and how could they possibly be better than actual soap?

Basically more convenient.

1) If you drop some bodywash, who cares.

2) Bodywash doesn't get hair stuck in it.

3) Bodywash doesn't get weird looking after a while or leave any residue.

4) You're not washing your neck with the same stuff you're washing your crotch with.

Re: question for _________ - Luinbariel - 05-06-2013

If I have acne, I will wash my face morning and night with this (and use a light moisturizer, the same one I linked earlier in this thread).

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/foamingly-clean-facial-wash

You barely need any of this stuff and it doesn't smell very strongly, which is nice. If I do this for two or three days in a row (usually I just wash my face once a day), my acne is usually gone.

i still don't understand how it could be better, like it really doesn't make sense

Re: question for _________ - Versus - 05-06-2013

(05-06-2013, 12:26 AM)Didzo link Wrote: 2) Bodywash doesn't get hair stuck in it.

(05-06-2013, 12:26 AM)Didzo link Wrote: 2) Bodywash doesn't get hair stuck in it.

Re: question for _________ - at0m - 05-06-2013

I generally feel less slimy and more 'clean' when using bodywash, since there isn't as much of a residue. And it's easier to pack in a suitcase. Plus I get to use the scrubby thing to exfoliate, which feels really good and has the side effect of making me not shed in public skin like a lizard.

[Image: Q0WpsLN.jpg]

Re: question for _________ - zaneyard - 05-06-2013

(05-06-2013, 12:17 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: what's the deal with 'bodywash' products? why are they so popular and how could they possibly be better than actual soap?
Bar soap collects bacteria sitting on a shelf in your shower. Do you want to wash yourself with that?

(05-06-2013, 09:42 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: i still don't understand how it could be better, like it really doesn't make sense
Like how google fiber can be faster than other media?

The face wash I use now has slicylic acid. I can't afford to go to a dermatologist to have him tell me to use facewash with it so that's out of the question. Accutane isn't really a need for me, my acne isn't even moderate. Maybe if I was pizzaface I would be willing to overlook the side-effects, but I only get a blemish once or twice a week.

Luin and Kase, thank you for your replies, I'll be looking through them when I get internet that's faster than dial up.

Re: question for _________ - Luinbariel - 05-06-2013

Bar soap leaves my skin feeling weirdly tight/dry. I don't like the feeling, and end up feeling like I need way more moisturizer.

Shower gel never leaves me feeling that way at all.

I do occasionally use a bar of soap I love though. It smells fucking AMAZING. Also bar soap fucking lathers amazingly with a shower puff. But the suds don't go as far/long as a shower gel and I find I need less of it.

it must be preference then, but i've never been under the impression that bodywash is superior to bar soap.