Be Right Back, Uninstalling
BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide (/showthread.php?tid=10839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - shadowcast - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 03:06 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I wonder how long until the brick nerf?

Probably never.  He is only OP if you are dumb enough to let him get in melee range.

Edit: Or if he is explosive specced he is OP if you don't run into melee range.  Hmmm...seeing a pattern here.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - CaffeinePowered - 10-29-2009

There's no Versus, its all co-op, so there's not really a "need" to nerf a player or class

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - beep beep diglett - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 03:06 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I wonder how long until the brick nerf?

see the devs dont care about balance, the game is meant to be exploited and shit so hopefully never

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Eschatos - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 03:20 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: There's no Versus, its all co-op, so there's not really a "need" to nerf a player or class

There is the arena.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - beep beep diglett - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 03:28 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3793.msg120230#msg120230 date=1256847615]
There's no Versus, its all co-op, so there's not really a "need" to nerf a player or class

There is the arena.
[/quote]

but its a such a small part of the game, why would you nerf a character in a mainly pve game to achieve pvp bala- oh wait blizzard did that

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - KarthXLR - 10-29-2009

MUST. PLAY. GAME. NOW.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Vandamguy - 10-29-2009

anyone notice the subtle use of adaptive difficulty ?
(wont post example, becuase you're stupid and didnt notice it)

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Surf314 - 10-29-2009

Updating drivers fixed it 100%  ;D

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - CaffeinePowered - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 05:40 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: anyone notice the subtle use of adaptive difficulty ?
(wont post example, becuase you're stupid and didnt notice it)

I know a lot changes based on how many PCs are in the game it even says so when someone joins/leaves "the creatures of pandora grow stronger/weaker"

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - KorJax - 10-29-2009

Once we all have level 50 chars and get bored of those, we should have arena duels with each other TO THE DEATH.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Eschatos - 10-29-2009

Got an orange pistol and a dark orange pistol.  They're not super amazing, but they're definitely good.  Gave the orange to Caff.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - KorJax - 10-29-2009

I just found 3 or so level 22 (I am level 20) revolvers that all have Unending Firepower in a red chest.

:3!!

None of them have scopes though which is disappointing.  I can't aim for shit with those ironsights unless I'm medium/close range.  And at medium/close range I'll be switching to my uber-badass 50 or so damage SMG I found, with a long barrel 85 accuracy, and 8 or so fire rate.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - shadowcast - 10-30-2009

I got a rocket launcher that fires small nuke explosions.  AWESOME.  ;D

It's description is: Gonna cook someone tonight

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - SAVAGE-0 - 10-30-2009

I might get it tonight if I don't go see tragedy (all metal tribute to the BeeGees)

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - copulatingduck - 10-30-2009

(10-29-2009, 11:54 PM)KorJax link Wrote: revolvers that all have Unending Firepower

yea, what exactly is Undending firepower supposed to mean anyways? I've found a few of those revolvers too but afaict they weren't anything special so I just sold them. I've also dumped nearly all character-tied unique items (most of those kinda suck too). The only revolver I carry anymore is some 395dmg, caustic x4, 2-shot revolver whose clip now sits at 4 rounds. I haven't found anything that I can't kill in 3 shots with it. Also, Eridian cannon and celestial weapons own

The funniest description I've seen so far though was "i forgot to reload".  I forgot too

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - CaffeinePowered - 10-30-2009

(10-30-2009, 12:50 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=KorJax link=topic=3793.msg120336#msg120336 date=1256878479]
revolvers that all have Unending Firepower

yea, what exactly is Undending firepower supposed to mean anyways? I've found a few of those revolvers too but afaict they weren't anything special so I just sold them. I've also dumped nearly all character-tied unique items (most of those kinda suck too). The only revolver I carry anymore is some 395dmg, caustic x4, 2-shot revolver whose clip now sits at 4 rounds. I haven't found anything that I can't kill in 3 shots with it. Also, Eridian cannon and celestial weapons own

The funniest description I've seen so far though was "i forgot to reload".   I forgot too
[/quote]

You can see what the red descriptions do here - http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Unending firepower basically means ammo regenerates as fast as you can shoot it

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Surf314 - 10-30-2009

Anyone have any good weapons for Brick? I'm level almost level 19 and thinking about switching to explosive damage since he gets boosts.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - copulatingduck - 10-30-2009

do you play with friends or by yourself? I don't have any good weapons, but I have a few sweet class mods (1 of them boosts your entire party's hp by 30% and gives them all health regen as well, but idk if I wanna let that one go just yet). imho launchers in this game kinda suck, but that's probably just because I have a strong preference for hitscan (which isn't really hitscan but close enough in 95% of the cases)

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - shadowcast - 10-30-2009

(10-30-2009, 01:40 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Anyone have any good weapons for Brick? I'm level almost level 19 and thinking about switching to explosive damage since he gets boosts.

I have a 32 Brick of face raep.  I would highly recommend forgoing explosive spec for zerker/tank.  a) take hardening to 5 b) get short fuse to 5 asap (should be able to do this by level 25 or level 20 if you skip hardening) c) max bash after than d) raperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperape
My current spec at 32:
raperaperape

Combine that with a 30% hp bonus or 60% hp bonus shield and the shock class artifact for maximum lulz (shock has a chance to stun and electrocute, combined with bash it is broken).

If you want, hit me up this weekend as I have a few mods I could easily let go and at least one good shield I can give you (if your heart is set on explosive I have a +40% or so explosive dmg mod you can have and a +30% or so reload mod).  For weapons outside of berzerk, it really does not matter.  The one you want to make sure you have is a good shotgun, and a good combat rifle/revolver/sniper rifle for ranged.  Shotgun should only be used when zerk is on cool, otherwise you should be using that shit every time it is up for maximum carnage.

Re: BRB, Borderlands - Game Discussion & Guide - Surf314 - 10-30-2009

Hmm good point. This is my skill settings now.
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/brick/#31300000055000000000000

Also it looks like you can max out one tree and an additional 2.