Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Magic: The Gathering - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Magic: The Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=13972)

Pages: 1 2 3

Magic: The Gathering - spm201 - 12-13-2013

Any magic players around here? What formats and decks?

Re: Magic: The Gathering - The Generic Name - 12-13-2013

EDH  Is my cup of tee. 

Ruric Thar, and a BUG Milldesk is what I play.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - spm201 - 12-13-2013

I'm doing White Weenies standard, BUG Infect modern, and Brion Stoutarm and Nekusar EDH. Building Zur, Jhoira, and Merieke Ri Berit as well.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Eschatos - 12-13-2013

I pretty much only do prerelease tournaments because I'm not gonna drop $500 for a quality deck.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Trace - 12-13-2013

I play on occasion with friends. I remember a bunch of us used to play on Lackey.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Neptune - 12-13-2013

I play Legacy, EDH, and I draft on Fridays.  Tomorrow, I'm going to show up to one of my local stores to play EDH pods from 11 to 5, then stay for Legacy where I hope to Elf as many people as possible.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - qadir746 - 12-16-2013

I am come a cross to your site and found it according to my need and demand.
I like this kind of blogs. You did a great job by posting these nice pics and descriptions of exotic tourist.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - kaese - 12-16-2013

(12-16-2013, 12:30 AM)qadir746 link Wrote: exotic tourist.

[Image: LExTropFruit.jpg]

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Neptune - 12-16-2013

I came back to the thread, expecting something about Magic.  Instead, I found something magical.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Eschatos - 07-31-2015

If anyone still plays Magic, the latest PC version just came out on Steam, and is free to play. It's pretty fun though it's kinda grindy.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Kor - 07-31-2015

Cardboard Master Race.

Origins is pretty neat, Also, recently bought a cheap Rafiq-tron Commander deck, won my pod tonight.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - The Generic Name - 08-01-2015

(07-31-2015, 04:16 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: If anyone still plays Magic, the latest PC version just came out on Steam, and is free to play. It's pretty fun though it's kinda grindy.

The Connection issues are a pain in the ass
(07-31-2015, 08:20 PM)Kor link Wrote: Cardboard Master Race.

Agreed.  Because Duels Origins for PC Doesn't have commander.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - zaneyard - 08-02-2015

does magic duels just have cards from origins?

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Kor - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 03:02 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: does magic duels just have cards from origins?

Yes, and the set is tribal friendly. The whole set drafts pretty well, only a few bad noob traps.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - zaneyard - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 05:11 PM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=7161.msg285826#msg285826 date=1438502535]

Yes, and the set is tribal friendly. The whole set drafts pretty well, only a few bad noob traps.
[/quote]
yeah I had a good bit of fun in sealed despite being awful at all things limited.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Eschatos - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 03:02 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: does magic duels just have cards from origins?

Yes, though they removed some of the cards, like Hangarback Walker. Also you can only have 3 of each uncommon, 2 of each rare, and 1 of each mythic rare, meaning that after about 70 packs you'll have the entire card pool available. Presumably they'll add more cards in the future if they ever work out the constant server outages.

I got Languish, Graveblade Marauder, and Jace in my first five packs, so UB has been my go-to deck. It works out pretty nicely with loads of Perilous Myr and lifelink leeches turtling until I can start Rogue's Passaging a Juggernaut or Graveblade in every turn. Shadows of the Past is also a lot more useful than I expected if you get it out early enough, or late enough.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Surf314 - 08-03-2015

Are there any guides for this?  I'm out of my depth as far as deck building.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - Eschatos - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 01:29 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Are there any guides for this?  I'm out of my depth as far as deck building.

Here are a bunch of decent decks you can build with only the starting cards.

Re: Magic: The Gathering - The Generic Name - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 10:12 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=7161.msg285826#msg285826 date=1438502535]

Yes, though they removed some of the cards, like Hangarback Walker. Also you can only have 3 of each uncommon, 2 of each rare, and 1 of each mythic rare, meaning that after about 70 packs you'll have the entire card pool available. Presumably they'll add more cards in the future if they ever work out the constant server outages.

I got Languish, Graveblade Marauder, and Jace in my first five packs, so UB has been my go-to deck. It works out pretty nicely with loads of Perilous Myr and lifelink leeches turtling until I can start Rogue's Passaging a Juggernaut or Graveblade in every turn. Shadows of the Past is also a lot more useful than I expected if you get it out early enough, or late enough.
[/quote]

What the actual fuck.  They got rid of Hangar Back Walker?!?  That cards great!  I need one for my Abzan +1/+1 counter EDH. (Shit gets funny when Cathars Crusade watches your Big/Big Hangarback Walker explodes into a bunch of tiny thopters that get stupid big)

Re: Magic: The Gathering - at0m - 08-04-2015

They probably got rid of it in Duels to encourage more variety of decks, simply because it's so good.

@Surf, there's a bazillion and one references for deckbuilding, although most places nowadays focus more on sharing and sharpening entire decklists against the current worldwide competitive meta, rather than the theory behind putting them together for some reason.