Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - Black Aspen - 12-20-2010

(12-20-2010, 02:49 PM)Ianki link Wrote: Exit through the gift shop is sitting in netflix streaming right now in case anyone missed it in the theaters.

best documentary of the year.

It's a great film to see with a group as well.  Lots of debating to be had afterwards.

Re: The Movie Thread - Sponson - 12-20-2010

Tron Legacy had awesome music. And that super hot girl Olivia something. But then when I saw her on imdb it was like "oh god those cheekbones, do not want".

Plus iso's as a race name?
As in, "I'd mount that ISO."

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-20-2010

(12-20-2010, 05:05 PM)Sponson link Wrote: Tron Legacy had awesome music. And that super hot girl Olivia something. But then when I saw her on imdb it was like "oh god those cheekbones, do not want".

Plus iso's as a race name?
As in, "I'd mount that ISO."
Really disappointed the story wasn't better. Otherwise it'd be interesting to see it on Blu-Ray without that terrible 3D.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-21-2010

Watched Amelie and The Nativity Store.

Amelie (pronounced am-ah-lee) is simply a beautiful movie. The music, the cinematography, the story, and the characters, they're all fantastic. I highly recommend checking it out!

The Nativity Story I enjoyed. I thought it was a good retelling of the story. Nice production value with some good performances from all the actors. Nothing amazing, but if you're interested in the story or are christian, you'd probably like it.

Re: The Movie Thread - Ianki - 12-21-2010

(12-21-2010, 01:24 PM)Karth link Wrote: Amelie (pronounced am-ah-lee) is simply a beautiful movie. The music, the cinematography, the story, and the characters, they're all fantastic. I highly recommend checking it out!

Go watch City of Lost Children and Delicatessen.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-21-2010

(12-21-2010, 01:26 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg188814#msg188814 date=1292955886]
Amelie (pronounced am-ah-lee) is simply a beautiful movie. The music, the cinematography, the story, and the characters, they're all fantastic. I highly recommend checking it out!

Go watch City of Lost Children and Delicatessen.
[/quote]
I've got it on my list.

Re: The Movie Thread - Geoff - 12-21-2010

(12-20-2010, 02:49 PM)Ianki link Wrote: Exit through the gift shop is sitting in netflix streaming right now in case anyone missed it in the theaters.

best documentary of the year.

'greed

Re: The Movie Thread - KorJax - 12-24-2010

Tron was good but disaapointing because it was such a wonderful buildup in the first half and stuch a terribly cleche and predictably boring second half.

Also, just saw Inception on DVD.

Was fucking amazing, definatly in my top 10 movies of all time and the ending was beautifully engineered.

Re: The Movie Thread - Spore - 12-24-2010

I just saw How to Train Your Dragon and it was awesome. It was also Dreamworks' most beautiful movie ever.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 12-25-2010

A Christmas Story. For the eleventeenth time.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-25-2010

(12-25-2010, 01:13 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: A Christmas Story. For the eleventeenth time.
Funny. Tonight I saw it for the first time.

FA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA

Re: The Movie Thread - Vlambo - 12-25-2010

DIE HARD

Re: The Movie Thread - Hobospartan - 12-25-2010

(12-25-2010, 01:13 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: A Christmas Story. For the eleventeenth time.

Saw a stage production of that this past Tuesday, it was pretty decent.  They managed to pack in just about every memorable moment from the film, except for the Chinese restaurant.  The narrator was great, the old man was great, Randy was great, and Ralphie especially was amazing.  Going in I was a bit uneasy about how well it would translate, but they did a bang-up job.

And for extra lulz, they decided to have the one and only black kid in the play be Schwarz.

Re: The Movie Thread - Ianki - 12-25-2010

(12-25-2010, 01:59 AM)Vlambo link Wrote: DIE HARD

World's best christmas movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 12-27-2010

I did a lot of thinking on Tron and I realized why I didn't really like it. It was missing all of the cleverness of the original. The design choices in that movie seemed to make sense, the little flying things made me think of defragging devices, bit would only say yes or no, the light lanes that carried data. It all seemed to fit and was wonderfully imagined for a computer world.

New Tron was gorgeous. I loved the design of everything. The music was also wonderful. But nothing fit into the world like it did in the original. It was actually kind of sad because they could do so much more with modern special effects but they seemed to put no thought into it. And the story wasn't terrible, but it seemed to lack the same thought that the world design did. After all that money they spent making it if they would have just tweaked it a bit and actually thought about it it could have been amazing. Instead it was pretty meh.

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 12-27-2010

I really liked it. I thought the design choices made sense considering an extension of the same evolution you saw in Tron 2.0 (the game), where increased computing power == more open and shiny. Will probably see it again in theaters in fact.

(12-27-2010, 10:40 AM)CUBA LIBRE link Wrote: I really liked it. I thought the design choices made sense considering an extension of the same evolution you saw in Tron 2.0 (the game), where increased computing power == more open and shiny. Will probably see it again in theaters in fact.

I really wanted to like it, I loved everything except the plot and how disjointed it seemed.

Re: The Movie Thread - Kor - 12-27-2010

(12-27-2010, 11:27 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=947.msg189720#msg189720 date=1293464438]
I really liked it. I thought the design choices made sense considering an extension of the same evolution you saw in Tron 2.0 (the game), where increased computing power == more open and shiny. Will probably see it again in theaters in fact.

I really wanted to like it, I loved everything except the plot and how disjointed it seemed.
[/quote]

I enjoyed the whole Kevin Flynn = Zen Warrior angle. They could have done more with the whole "Iso" business but that's all sequel fodder. I enjoyed Tron for what it was; an experience. And I'm a sucker for Daft Punk.

(12-27-2010, 11:34 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg189725#msg189725 date=1293467272]
[quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=947.msg189720#msg189720 date=1293464438]

[/quote]

I enjoyed the whole Kevin Flynn = Zen Warrior angle. They could have done more with the whole "Iso" business but that's all sequel fodder. I enjoyed Tron for what it was; an experience. And I'm a sucker for Daft Punk.
[/quote]

Yea, I just wish he had more of an active role. He kept seeming like he was going to be a badass and then not doing anything until the end which was crazy and weird. Also I keep finding it hard to believe he wouldn't have put in something to give the users a little more power in the world.

This pretty much summed up how I felt:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/12/22/

It wasn't that it was bad, it's just that it wasn't great and I feel like it could have been  :-\ (missed opportunities bug the shit out of me). Maybe I should see it again without expectations.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 12-27-2010

(12-27-2010, 11:34 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg189725#msg189725 date=1293467272]
[quote author=CUBA LIBRE link=topic=947.msg189720#msg189720 date=1293464438]

[/quote]

[/quote]I saw it in IMAX 3D and while the 3D was lackluster, it was worth seeing it in IMAX for just the sound system. Room shook with each lightcycle crash, user derezzed, etc., and naturally, during the Daft Punk songs. It gave me multiple eargasms.