Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 03-19-2011

[Image: i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_...-95526.jpg]

Re: The Movie Thread - EarthlingJohn - 03-20-2011

watching black dynamite

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 03-22-2011

Just saw Pirate Radio (aka The Boat that Rocked).

I enjoyed it, but in a way, it was a guilty pleasure. The story doesn't properly fill a 2-hour timeslot and the characters are either overdeveloped or not developed at all. The pacing is poor and the bad guys are paper thin. But, it still came out above water.lol geddit?

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 03-26-2011

(03-09-2011, 08:22 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: Watch Howard Hughes' 1932 version if you want to give the story another shot.  It's better than the '83 one.
You were right.

Re: The Movie Thread - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 03-27-2011

Saw Suckerpunch

Optics: FALCON PUNCH!
Most everything else: Glass Joe punch

Re: The Movie Thread - Black Aspen - 03-28-2011

Saw Hobo with a Shotgun on Saturday.  It's like Death Race 2000 meets John Carpenter meets Troma meets a Hobo meets a Shotgun.  Solid, solid schlock.  If you liked Machette, you'll love Hobo with a Shotgun.

Re: The Movie Thread - EarthlingJohn - 03-30-2011

Rango was amazing.

Re: The Movie Thread - HeK - 03-30-2011

(03-28-2011, 02:00 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: If you liked Machette, you'll love Hobo with a Shotgun.
I just like saying it. Especially in the raspy voice from the trailer.

Re: The Movie Thread - Dr. Zaius - 03-30-2011

Due Date was fucking awful.

Re: The Movie Thread - EarthlingJohn - 03-30-2011

151 pages! Quick, we must all watch the pokemon movie!

Again!

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 03-30-2011

I want to do an Indiana Jones marathon this weekend. Except for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Aliens? Seriously?

Re: The Movie Thread - Spore - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 04:15 PM)at0m link Wrote: I want to do an Indiana Jones marathon this weekend. Except for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Aliens? Seriously?

Indiana Jones steals the space ship at the end, flies into space, and changes his name to Han Solo. The whole franchise was an origin story, numbnut.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 03-30-2011

I like all the indiana jones movies. People throw too much of a bitch fit about the nuke and aliens. It's still great entertainment.

Re: The Movie Thread - Vandamguy - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 04:27 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=947.msg201119#msg201119 date=1301519703]
I want to do an Indiana Jones marathon this weekend. Except for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Aliens? Seriously?

Indiana Jones steals the space ship at the end, flies into space, and changes his name to Han Solo. The whole franchise was an origin story, numbnut.
[/quote]
lol'd
+1
you have the keys to my heart spore, be my valentine.

Re: The Movie Thread - Vongore - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 01:30 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: 151 pages! Quick, we must all watch the pokemon movie!

Again!

But the second one because the first one is terribad.

Awesome fights, but the ending screwed the whole esperience for me.

Also, Mewtwo Returns is a far better Mewtwo movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 03-30-2011

Vertigo was gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Re: The Movie Thread - Black Aspen - 03-30-2011

I saw Sucker Punch a couple days ago, and really enjoyed it.  From what I've seen, it's getting ripped by critics.  Just in case you're letting that stop you from paying to see it, I want to defend it a bit.  People need to understand that not all films are intended to appeal to the same audience or meet certain filmic standards.  Sucker Punch needs to be handled in it's own way.  It's not going to esplode your mind with a new perspective of the world, or leave you with some deep-seeded message or morale that's going to live with you until your end of days...  If you're expecting from the movie, you're going to be entirely disappointed.

I have one thing to say about Sucker Punch that, in my opinion, will change your perspective on it enough to thoroughly enjoy it:

[Image: 81390705.jpg]
Heavy Metal

Sucker Punch is this generation's Heavy Metal.  Rather than being a loose collection of random stories set in imaginitive worlds, Sucker Punch stitches its worlds together through set characters and an over-arching storyline from the main plot.  No, the main plot isn't as gripping as you would find amongst oscar-contenders, but it serves its purpose by giving the audience something to care about through each fantasy segment, which, by all accounts, is why you should be seeing this movie.  The choreography and action is on a whole other level than what you're going to find almost anywhere else, and should be enjoyed on the big-screen.  It's a highly ambitious project that for the most part, succeeds... as long as the audience is willing to take it in with an open mind.

Re: The Movie Thread - Vandamguy - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 07:55 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: I saw Sucker Punch a couple days ago, and really enjoyed it.  From what I've seen, it's getting ripped by critics.  Just in case you're letting that stop you from paying to see it, I want to defend it a bit.  People need to understand that not all films are intended to appeal to the same audience or meet certain filmic standards.  Sucker Punch needs to be handled in it's own way.  It's not going to esplode your mind with a new perspective of the world, or leave you with some deep-seeded message or morale that's going to live with you until your end of days...  If you're expecting from the movie, you're going to be entirely disappointed.

I have one thing to say about Sucker Punch that, in my opinion, will change your perspective on it enough to thoroughly enjoy it:

[Image: 81390705.jpg]
Heavy Metal

Sucker Punch is this generation's Heavy Metal.  Rather than being a loose collection of random stories set in imaginitive worlds, Sucker Punch stitches its worlds together through set characters and an over-arching storyline from the main plot.  No, the main plot isn't as gripping as you would find amongst oscar-contenders, but it serves its purpose by giving the audience something to care about through each fantasy segment, which, by all accounts, is why you should be seeing this movie.  The choreography and action is on a whole other level than what you're going to find almost anywhere else, and should be enjoyed on the big-screen.  It's a highly ambitious project that for the most part, succeeds... as long as the audience is willing to take it in with an open mind.
+1 for front page mini-review

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 03-31-2011

This may be a spoiler but I think her fantasies within a fantasy were when she was getting raped and had to further divorce herself from reality to cope.

Re: The Movie Thread - HeK - 04-01-2011

(03-28-2011, 02:00 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: Saw Hobo with a Shotgun on Saturday.  It's like Death Race 2000 meets John Carpenter meets Troma meets a Hobo meets a Shotgun.  Solid, solid schlock.  If you liked Machette, you'll love Hobo with a Shotgun.

Saw it tonight... Wow...  It's pretty nuts.

I loved George Stroumboulopoulos' cameo.

Too bad it will only receive limited showings around the world. It's everything Grindhouse should have been.