Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-22-2011

Watched the Gold Rush. One of Chaplin's best movies.  Big Grin

Re: The Movie Thread - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 04-23-2011

Saw Morgan Spurlock's Greatest Movie Ever Sold.

Good light documentary, Hilarious and disturbing with a satire that doesn't get preachy. Very meta movie.

I studied some advertising in college, so I'm a little biased, but I'd recommend if you get a shot at seeing it.

Saw it at a hipster theater, nearly choked to death on the pretentiousness and the "palm" dropping in the trailers before the movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - Black Aspen - 04-25-2011

(04-14-2011, 09:00 PM)Karth link Wrote: For a Few Dollars More is the weakest in the Man with No Name trilogy.

Still good though.  8)

I think the opposite.  CRAZY!

Re: The Movie Thread - [SiN] Merc - 04-25-2011

Watched Teeth. Man, it ended like the credits for the incredible hulk.

Re: The Movie Thread - Turtle - 04-25-2011

Isn't that the movie with the vagina that eats all those dudes penises

Re: The Movie Thread - [SiN] Merc - 04-26-2011

(04-25-2011, 10:23 PM)Turtle link Wrote: Isn't that the movie with the vagina that eats all those dudes penises

Yep. Otherwise known as "The worlds most efficient slasher flick."

Think about it: Normally there has to be an explanation on why two teenagers are making out by a graveyard/abandoned asylum/chuck-e-cheese, and after the recap on why they're in the area, the man of the group has to tell the other how years ago a psycho roamed the location, killing babies and passing out their skin as party favors to other psychos, BEFORE the psycho even has a chance to enter the scene and start killing sex craved teens.

Not this movie; its buildup before stupid teen death is: "I'm so glad we're both horny! Oh by the way-" *nom*

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-26-2011

I watched this movie:

James Bond - For Your Eyes Only - The Helicopter Ride

Needless to say, it was great.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 04-27-2011

http://poparitaville.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-trailer-harry-potter-and-deathly.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Poparitaville+%28POParitaville%29&utm_content=Twitter

I'm excited.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-27-2011

(04-27-2011, 09:06 PM)Squishy link Wrote: http://poparitaville.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-trailer-harry-potter-and-deathly.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Poparitaville+%28POParitaville%29&utm_content=Twitter

I'm excited.

And then I saw:

"In 3D and IMAX 3D. 2D in select theaters"

For god's sake Warner Bros.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-28-2011

Watched The Pledge.

Definitely a movie you watch for the acting, Jack Nicholson is fantastic in it. Otherwise, it's pretty average.

Re: The Movie Thread - Wyrmidon - 04-29-2011

Just finished watching RoboGeisha and OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING. If you like campy, over-the-top movies you will love RoboGeisha. It is so dumb I cannot convey how awesome it is. Also watch it english dubbed as it is SO much better. That being said, I would recommend not watching it if you want to see a movie with good acting or a decent story.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-30-2011

MST3K: Laserblast.

ARE Y'ALL READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Re: The Movie Thread - copulatingduck - 04-30-2011

(04-29-2011, 04:29 AM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: Just finished watching RoboGeisha and OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING. If you like campy, over-the-top movies you will love RoboGeisha. It is so dumb I cannot convey how awesome it is. Also watch it english dubbed as it is SO much better. That being said, I would recommend not watching it if you want to see a movie with good acting or a decent story.

Robogeisha is awesome. Also check out Vampire Girl Versus Frankenstein Girl

YouTube
      - Broadcast Yourself.

or Machine Girl

or √964 Pinnochio

or Mutant Girls Squad

fuck there's a lot of them

also one of those films is not like the others, one of those films is SHIT

Re: The Movie Thread - Ianki - 04-30-2011

(04-22-2011, 04:58 PM)Karth link Wrote: Watched the Gold Rush. One of Chaplin's best movies.  Big Grin

I'm more partial to Modern Times and The Great Dictator.  Social and political commentary in my silent picture Slapsticks??? NO WAY! (i know that The great Dictator is a talkie, and Modern Times has select spoken bits, so fine)

(04-30-2011, 10:55 AM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg203884#msg203884 date=1303509501]
Watched the Gold Rush. One of Chaplin's best movies.  Big Grin

I'm more partial to Modern Times and The Great Dictator.  Social and political commentary in my silent picture Slapsticks??? NO WAY! (i know that The great Dictator is a talkie, and Modern Times has select spoken bits, so fine)
[/quote]My personal favorite has to be either The Circus or Modern Times.

Re: The Movie Thread - shoopfox - 04-30-2011

Quote: Merc link=topic=947.msg204320#msg204320 date=1303799304]
[quote author=Turtle link=topic=947.msg204297#msg204297 date=1303788214]
Isn't that the movie with the vagina that eats all those dudes penises

Yep. Otherwise known as "The worlds most efficient slasher flick."

Think about it: Normally there has to be an explanation on why two teenagers are making out by a graveyard/abandoned asylum/chuck-e-cheese, and after the recap on why they're in the area, the man of the group has to tell the other how years ago a psycho roamed the location, killing babies and passing out their skin as party favors to other psychos, BEFORE the psycho even has a chance to enter the scene and start killing sex craved teens.

Not this movie; its buildup before stupid teen death is: "I'm so glad we're both horny! Oh by the way-" *nom*
[/quote]

My favorite line from that movie is the gynecologist screaming "VAGINA DENTATA" over and over again. Also that bitch was a rape-magnet Sad

Re: The Movie Thread - Stein - 04-30-2011

(04-09-2011, 04:11 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: Fan-made intro credits for X-Men: First Class.  Pretty slick.  Uses 1960s Bond motif with a rendition of the 90s animated series' theme music to blend in with the movie's setting.  Wouldn't say it's perfect, but still solid.  Hope some notice is taken from this for the film's real credit sequence.

X-Men: First Class Title Sequence
Eh. Not great. And it ruined one of my favorite theme songs of all time Sad.

(04-13-2011, 08:56 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [Image: AUHV5.jpg]
Woah, I wouldn't have gotten that reference a few weeks ago.

Watch this
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOQTaLTFrU
#normal]X-Men Original Theme[/url]
while listening to this
http://wearethexmen.ytmnd.com/

Kind of late stein.

Re: The Movie Thread - Stein - 04-30-2011

(04-30-2011, 02:51 PM)Karth link Wrote: Kind of late stein.
shuddup, I was out of town for a week and a half.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 05-01-2011

(04-30-2011, 12:43 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=Black Aspen link=topic=947.msg202302#msg202302 date=1302383490]
Fan-made intro credits for X-Men: First Class.  Pretty slick.  Uses 1960s Bond motif with a rendition of the 90s animated series' theme music to blend in with the movie's setting.  Wouldn't say it's perfect, but still solid.  Hope some notice is taken from this for the film's real credit sequence.

X-Men: First Class Title Sequence
Eh. Not great. And it ruined one of my favorite theme songs of all time Sad.[/quote]

The version did they for that trailer kills my ears. It's horrid.  The trailer itself is kinda cool.