Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - matter11 - 05-25-2012

(05-25-2012, 09:47 AM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=LT Crow link=topic=947.msg246065#msg246065 date=1337954373]
[quote author=Vongore link=topic=947.msg245481#msg245481 date=1337298546]
Because someone mentioned something Wizard related

Merrie Melodies - Daffy Duck the Wizard HD

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THEY STARTED MAKING NEW LOONEY TUNES WHILE I WAS IN AFGHANISTAN?!?!?!?!
[/quote]it's not on par with the old stuff, but its still pretty good. they have new wile e. coyote stuff too

they made lola into a stereotypical dumb blonde who can't do anything and stalks bugs
[/quote]

I despise the new art of wile e. coyote and the road runner with a burning passion. The female characters are pretty damn hilarious, although daffy's girlfriend is essentially a duck skin over

[Image: 17200-13247.gif]

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 05-25-2012

(05-25-2012, 12:00 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=947.msg246068#msg246068 date=1337957278]
[quote author=LT Crow link=topic=947.msg246065#msg246065 date=1337954373]
[quote author=Vongore link=topic=947.msg245481#msg245481 date=1337298546]
Because someone mentioned something Wizard related

Merrie Melodies - Daffy Duck the Wizard HD

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THEY STARTED MAKING NEW LOONEY TUNES WHILE I WAS IN AFGHANISTAN?!?!?!?!
[/quote]it's not on par with the old stuff, but its still pretty good. they have new wile e. coyote stuff too

they made lola into a stereotypical dumb blonde who can't do anything and stalks bugs
[/quote]

I despise the new art of wile e. coyote and the road runner with a burning passion. The female characters are pretty damn hilarious, although daffy's girlfriend is essentially a duck skin over

[Image: 17200-13247.gif]

[/quote]I don't see a problem here

Re: The Movie Thread - HeK - 06-03-2012

(02-06-2012, 09:11 PM)Something Swain link Wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, motherfucking space Nazis.
Iron Sky premieres at the Berlinale on 11.2.2012
That is all.

Saw this tonight. Pretty god damn funny.
Really impressed, looks like they did 10x with the budget they had.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-03-2012

Watched We bought a Zoo with my folks tonight. Cute movie, very sappy, a bit predictable. The cinematography was very pretty and overall the look of the film caught my eye. Didn't care for the dopey kid who serves as the center of all the drama in the film. Otherwise, I'd say give it a shot.

Re: The Movie Thread - matter11 - 06-03-2012

paul was funnier than I thought it'd be, albeit a bit predictable. A good watch.

favorite small joke: [spoiler]lorenzo zoil[/spoiler]

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 06-03-2012

I watched Crank the other night. Stupid and ridiculous, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Mostly because stupid and ridiculous was the goal of the movie and the goal was successfully acheived.

Re: The Movie Thread - Sogo - 06-03-2012

Yor: The Hunter From the Future - title theme (Yor's World)
YOR'S WORLD
HE'S THE MAN

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 06-03-2012

Snow White and the Huntsman was decent. Everything to do with the queen was well done. A lot of the rest of the movie often missed the mark. The art direction was trippy as hell, well done but disturbing to say the least. Also I thought the cinematography was pretty bad, but I will defer to Karth and Azure on that.

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 06-03-2012

(06-03-2012, 07:52 PM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: Yor: The Hunter From the Future - title theme (Yor's World)
YOR'S WORLD
HE'S THE MAN
Totally figuring out a legal way to watch that.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-06-2012

Watched a movie called Bernie. It was excellent. If any of you like strange movies, that's definitely one to check out. I wouldn't recommend watching any trailers though, it's a hard movie to market.

also this
Wreck-It Ralph - Official Trailer #1 : John C. Reilly Intro (2012) [HD]

Re: The Movie Thread - VeraLapsa - 06-06-2012

(06-06-2012, 02:30 PM)Karth link Wrote: Watched a movie called Bernie. It was excellent. If any of you like strange movies, that's definitely one to check out. I wouldn't recommend watching any trailers though, it's a hard movie to market.

also this

That looks fun.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 06-06-2012

(06-06-2012, 02:30 PM)Karth link Wrote: Watched a movie called Bernie. It was excellent. If any of you like strange movies, that's definitely one to check out. I wouldn't recommend watching any trailers though, it's a hard movie to market.

also this

I can't believe they managed to get all that IP.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 06-06-2012

(06-06-2012, 04:55 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg246842#msg246842 date=1339011013]
Watched a movie called Bernie. It was excellent. If any of you like strange movies, that's definitely one to check out. I wouldn't recommend watching any trailers though, it's a hard movie to market.

also this

[/quote]

It's Disney. They invented the art of scooping up popular characters and repackaging them for mass consumption.

(that said, while Nintendo seemed to have sold out the rights to Bowzer, it seems that they had to go for a look-alike for Gears of War/Halo/Call of Duty and call it "Call of Heroes.")

Re: The Movie Thread - Vongore - 06-06-2012

(06-06-2012, 05:42 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg246863#msg246863 date=1339019727]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg246842#msg246842 date=1339011013]

also this

[/quote]

It's Disney. They invented the art of scooping up popular characters and repackaging them for mass consumption.

(that said, while Nintendo seemed to have sold out the rights to Bowzer, it seems that they had to go for a look-alike for Gears of War/Halo/Call of Duty and call it "Call of Heroes.")
[/quote]

Direct reference to a violent game would have been a downside, I bet that's why they referenced the saga with the Hero's Duty name and made it look like Metroid Prime.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 06-06-2012

well to be fair they do have a direct reference to a violent game, they have kano from mortal kombat in the bad guys anonymous room

Re: The Movie Thread - k0ala - 06-07-2012

It's a 3-D Disney movie that doesn't come from Pixar? Hello.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-07-2012

(06-07-2012, 01:49 PM)k0ala link Wrote: It's a 3-D Disney movie that doesn't come from Pixar? Hello.
They've had a couple of those. Admittedly, I can't remember if any of them have been good.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 06-07-2012

(06-06-2012, 09:04 PM)Vongore link Wrote: Direct reference to a violent game would have been a downside, I bet that's why they referenced the saga with the Hero's Duty name and made it look like Metroid Prime.

Downside for who, exactly? Is your theory that Disney is afraid of the Jack Thompson's of the world linking them to such "murder simulators" as quake, HALO, Gears, Call of Duty? and that people who believe in the theory that "violent video games leads to more violence" would boycott the movie and sully the Disney brand?

Plausible, I guess, but I'm not buying it.

If I were an evil marketing genius for Disney, I would compare the actual number of people who support the theories of Jack Thompson and others like him to the STAGGERING MEGA-AUDIENCES of the HALO or Call of Duty franchises. My bet, the additional boost in awareness and sales from the latter FAR FAR eclipse the former. Black Ops alone sold 25 million copies. The plusses of tie-ins with those mega franchises far far outweigh some threats of boycotts (after all, bad press is still free publicity).

No, I'd wager that some of the newer-guard of video-game IP (M$, Activision-Blizzard, etc) either wanted a bigger cut than Disney would offer or didn't want to grant Disney the rights to re-use that IP on Disney's terms. How else can you explain a lack of any WoW or Diablo characters? Wouldn't an orc peon have been a better choice than generic_zombie?

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-07-2012

(06-07-2012, 05:17 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=947.msg246888#msg246888 date=1339034641]
Direct reference to a violent game would have been a downside, I bet that's why they referenced the saga with the Hero's Duty name and made it look like Metroid Prime.

Downside for who, exactly? Is your theory that Disney is afraid of the Jack Thompson's of the world linking them to such "murder simulators" as quake, HALO, Gears, Call of Duty? and that people who believe in the theory that "violent video games leads to more violence" would boycott the movie and sully the Disney brand?

Plausible, I guess, but I'm not buying it.

If I were an evil marketing genius for Disney, I would compare the actual number of people who support the theories of Jack Thompson and others like him to the STAGGERING MEGA-AUDIENCES of the HALO or Call of Duty franchises. My bet, the additional boost in awareness and sales from the latter FAR FAR eclipse the former. Black Ops alone sold 25 million copies. The plusses of tie-ins with those mega franchises far far outweigh some threats of boycotts (after all, bad press is still free publicity).

No, I'd wager that some of the newer-guard of video-game IP (M$, Activision-Blizzard, etc) either wanted a bigger cut than Disney would offer or didn't want to grant Disney the rights to re-use that IP on Disney's terms. How else can you explain a lack of any WoW or Diablo characters? Wouldn't an orc peon have been a better choice than generic_zombie?

[/quote]
I wonder if it's because they wanted to keep game characters linked to arcade machines? After all, that appears like one of the themes of the movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - VeraLapsa - 06-08-2012

Who cares about Jack Thompson anymore anyways? On a interesting note I know someone that, before JT was disbarred, flicked him off and JT felt that that was a death threat, lol, JT was A huge dickhead that wanted to sue any one who was making good money for stupid, reasons.

[Image: a5c75ee5ec23a35731a4da36272b8fb4_1M.png]