Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-21-2012

Saw Brave tonight. First things first: Skip the 3D, completely unnecessary and adds nothing.

The movie is good. Perhaps a step down from Up and Toy Story 3, but definitely up-to-par with Pixar's standards. The story is really simplistic, but that might be one of it's draws. It wants to focus on the characters, and does a great job with that. The humor is great, I was laughing constantly throughout. The visuals were a delight and the character design was some of the best Pixar's made in some time.

It also features one of Pixar's best shorts, "La Luna". It was fantastic and alone worth watching Brave.

This has been a 4:30 AM movie review.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 06-21-2012

Dredd Exclusive Trailer Debut [HD]

TAKEN 2 - International Trailer (2012) [HD]

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 06-22-2012

(06-21-2012, 11:46 AM)Squishy link Wrote: TAKEN 2 - International Trailer (2012) [HD]

You know what would be a great fucking idea? Taking a trip overseas with your previously kidnapped daughter to the country from where the guys you shot up were from because why the fuck not.

Anyway, this is what I concluded from the trailer:

The Hangover 2 : The Hangover  :: Taken 2 : Taken

Re: The Movie Thread - cbre88x - 06-22-2012

(06-22-2012, 03:48 AM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=947.msg247941#msg247941 date=1340297168]

You know what would be a great fucking idea? Taking a trip overseas with your previously kidnapped daughter to the country from where the guys you shot up were from because why the fuck not.

The Hangover 2 : The Hangover  :: Taken 2 : Taken
[/quote]

Don't care. Another movie with Liam Neeson being a destroyer of worlds is pretty damn awesome.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 06-22-2012

(06-22-2012, 03:48 AM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=947.msg247941#msg247941 date=1340297168]

[/quote]Well he was already there for something else and the wife and daughter thought it would be awesome to surprise him. So its their fucking fault.

Re: The Movie Thread - Azure_Angel - 06-22-2012

[/quote]

and on that note, here's Hangover 3

Re: The Movie Thread - Vlambo - 06-22-2012

They should rename Taken 2 to Taken: Take 2

Re: The Movie Thread - matter11 - 06-28-2012

Seeing that there's a new one coming out, are the Riddick movies worth watching? I've only seen snippets from a few.

Re: The Movie Thread - A. Crow - 06-28-2012

(06-22-2012, 10:25 AM)Azure_Angel link Wrote: and on that note, here's Hangover 3
what?  again?

(06-28-2012, 10:15 PM)matter11 link Wrote: Seeing that there's a new one coming out, are the Riddick movies worth watching? I've only seen snippets from a few.
really?  again?

(06-21-2012, 11:46 AM)Squishy link Wrote: TAKEN 2 - International Trailer (2012) [HD]
Hell Yeah.  

(06-21-2012, 11:46 AM)Squishy link Wrote: Dredd Exclusive Trailer Debut [HD]
Fuck Yeah.

(06-21-2012, 06:28 AM)Karth link Wrote: Saw Brave tonight. First things first: Skip the 3D, completely unnecessary and adds nothing.

The movie is good. Perhaps a step down from Up and Toy Story 3, but definitely up-to-par with Pixar's standards. The story is really simplistic, but that might be one of it's draws. It wants to focus on the characters, and does a great job with that. The humor is great, I was laughing constantly throughout. The visuals were a delight and the character design was some of the best Pixar's made in some time.

It also features one of Pixar's best shorts, "La Luna". It was fantastic and alone worth watching Brave.

This has been a 4:30 AM movie review.
I expected a lot more bear fighting, and none of the bear hiding.  

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-29-2012

Synecdoche, New York.

Hated it a little less than Being John Malkovich. Only a little less.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 06-30-2012

Saw Seeking a Friend for the End of the World tonight. It was nice. The beginning of the movie had me worried because Steve Carrell was too pessimistic. It got to the point where I was thinking, "Nobody talks or thinks like that." However, it won me over towards the end and I really enjoyed the relationship between Carrell and Knightley's characters.

Re: The Movie Thread - matter11 - 07-01-2012

So I came into starship troopers 3 partway through. Can't tell if so retarded that it's broken through to awesomeness (like me) or just awful.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 07-02-2012

Ted was hilarious.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-02-2012

Saw the Seventh Seal tonight. Fantastic.

[Image: dance_of_death_seventhseal.jpg]

"The blacksmith and Lisa, the knight and Raval, Jons and Skat…
And the grim master, Death, invites them to dance.
He wants them to hold hands and dance in a long line. And the grim master leads with scythe and hourglass.
Skat brings up the rear with his lyre. They move away,away from the dawn, in a solemn dance, away to the dark country.
Whilst the rain washes over their faces, cleans their cheeks of tears of salt."

Re: The Movie Thread - matter11 - 07-02-2012

finally got around to seeing the expendables. Was a fun time.

Re: The Movie Thread - Azure_Angel - 07-04-2012

Did a whirlwind moving seeing the other day. Saw Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Brave, and Ted.

Abe Lincoln restored vampires to their former glory, and if you can get past the obvious CG at times, it's a fantastic adaptation of the book.

Brave was nothing short of gorgeous, and a wonderful gift from Pixar. It made up for Cars 2 in every way. The story was a little predictable, but it is a kids movie after all. As always Billy Connolly was fucking hilarious.

Ted was what I expected, a 2 hour long live action family guy. Now that's not to say it wasn't funny, I had a smile on my face the whole time. The jokes were well planned out, and the references made the movie enjoyable. It was fun seeing many of the actors that do the VO for Seth's universe showing off their true acting talent. Also, Mark Walberg's Ass. Big Grin

In the end it was money well spent, and I loved all 3 movies.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-04-2012

(07-04-2012, 01:05 PM)Azure_Angel link Wrote: Did a whirlwind moving seeing the other day. Saw Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Brave, and Ted.

Abe Lincoln restored vampires to their former glory, and if you can get past the obvious CG at times, it's a fantastic adaptation of the book.

Brave was nothing short of gorgeous, and a wonderful gift from Pixar. It made up for Cars 2 in every way. The story was a little predictable, but it is a kids movie after all. As always Billy Connolly was fucking hilarious.

Ted was what I expected, a 2 hour long live action family guy. Now that's not to say it wasn't funny, I had a smile on my face the whole time. The jokes were well planned out, and the references made the movie enjoyable. It was fun seeing many of the actors that do the VO for Seth's universe showing off their true acting talent. Also, Mark Walberg's Ass. Big Grin

In the end it was money well spent, and I loved all 3 movies.
Bah, I was planning on doing something similar today. Turns out our theater is packed for once, and I can't get any tickets.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-06-2012

I usually don't say things like this

but Moonrise Kingdom was fucking amazing.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 07-06-2012

Gawd...Flash Gordon is so ridiculous, cheesy, and just plain fun.  Just a really silly B-Movie with what I assumed was a fairly nice budget lol

Re: The Movie Thread - [SiN] Merc - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 04:15 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Gawd...Flash Gordon is so ridiculous, cheesy, and just plain fun.  Just a really silly B-Movie with what I assumed was a fairly nice budget lol

Queen - 'Flash'