Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - Trace - 07-07-2012

The Amazing Spiderman was decent. Although as far as superhero movies go, it doesn't quite meet the same standards that Nolans Batmans or The Avengers set. I had the option to see Spiderman or Brave, and my brother wanted to see Spiderman, but after seeing it I kinda wish I saw Brave instead  :p

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-07-2012

Anger Management was not very good, even with Jack Nicholson. Not that I expected much out of it, but as a fan of Jack's, I'm sad to see this didn't feature him very well.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 07-07-2012

(07-07-2012, 02:37 AM)Trace link Wrote: The Amazing Spiderman was decent. Although as far as superhero movies go, it doesn't quite meet the same standards that Nolans Batmans or The Avengers set. I had the option to see Spiderman or Brave, and my brother wanted to see Spiderman, but after seeing it I kinda wish I saw Brave instead  :p
Brave wasn't exactly super amazing but it was still good and leagues ahead of Cars 2.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-07-2012

The Amazing Spider-man wasn't very amazing. It's basically the first film except longer, less developed, and switches out Green Goblin with the Lizard. All that marketing stuff about "The Untold Story" and "The Truth of Peter's Parents" is horse shit, nothing like that is explored in the film save for a 10-second teaser at the end. It's not bad, it's just really forgettable.

Re: The Movie Thread - A. Crow - 07-07-2012

Ok, so tonight's movie was Thor: An Extreme Comixxx Parody.  I shit you not-I really tried to find a SFW link and failed.

Anyways, fucking hilarious. 

What amazed me is you don't see nipples until 53 minutes in.

Oh, and the best actor is Odin's Beard. 

Re: The Movie Thread - [SiN] Merc - 07-11-2012

Sylvester Stallone is a very underrated actor. Watched Rocky Balboa, and this scene got to me pretty good:

Rocky Balboa - Stuff In The Basement (Subtitles Available)

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 07-11-2012

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was much better than I was expecting.

[spoiler]The scene where Caesar said "NO!" gave me tingles.[/spoiler]

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-12-2012

As much as it pains me to say it, Ted was alright. Not amazing by any means, but I got a couple of good laughs out of it and the story was actually pretty well-done.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 07-13-2012

Fast Five was a pretty fun movie.  The ending is fucking ridiculous and unrealistic in almost every way, but it was still pretty badass.

Re: The Movie Thread - HeK - 07-13-2012

(07-13-2012, 01:12 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Fast Five was a pretty fun movie.  The ending is fucking ridiculous and unrealistic in almost every way, but it was still pretty badass.

It was the most entertaining of the series. I think I'd place it as the third most silly out of the five.
At least you could call it a real movie, unlike four, or *shudder* two.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 07-13-2012

I only remember 1 and 2 mostly and I don't think I saw 3 and 4 at all.  Fast Five was great though if not for anything more than The Rock and Vin Diesel kicking each others ass.  It then makes me want to see them both come in for The Expendables 3 if that ever happens lol

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-13-2012

To Rome with Love was decent. Not sure if I should be ashamed that it's my first Woody Allen film, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Sort-of cutesy love-comedy set in gorgeously-shot Rome. Lot's of subtitles, so if you're not into, then you may want to skip (also shame on you for not reading).

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 07-14-2012

(07-13-2012, 05:38 PM)Karth link Wrote: Not sure if I should be ashamed that it's my first Woody Allen film

You are a film major and see nearly every piece of merchandised and franchised crap that the MPAA puts out every week and you've never been motivated to watch Annie Hall? At this point, I think that qualifies you as being beyond shame.

http://youtu.be/z8TSvMx2wPI

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-14-2012

(07-14-2012, 09:12 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg249641#msg249641 date=1342219110]
Not sure if I should be ashamed that it's my first Woody Allen film

You are a film major and see nearly every piece of merchandised and franchised crap that the MPAA puts out every week and you've never been motivated to watch Annie Hall?
[/quote]
Oh, I've been motivated, it just so happens this is my first. Annie Hall currently sits at #114 on my queue. Plus, I get tickets for free at my theater so I can't really support any of the movies I see.

Re: The Movie Thread - StolenToast - 07-14-2012

Spiderman was lame.  The villain was lame.  The conflict was boring.  Also I just saw this movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - matter11 - 07-14-2012

Dislike

[Image: R3tZo.jpg]

The structure is fine but the color was a very poor choice imo.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 07-14-2012

I'm fine with it, though I do feel that the colors should be reversed.  Doesn't seem right with his main color not being the red.  It would be like Superman having a mostly Red outfit with blue being the smaller part.  Would just be weird lol

Re: The Movie Thread - k0ala - 07-15-2012

Iron Man, Player 2 skin

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 07-15-2012

it could also just be one of the suits he has in the ironman closet that he never uses, iirc there were a bunch he never used in ironman 2 but they were there anyway

Re: The Movie Thread - Azure_Angel - 07-19-2012

Does anyone else miss Tom Jane as Frank Castle?
#DIRTYLAUNDRY