Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 07-19-2012

(07-19-2012, 06:26 PM)Azure_Angel link Wrote: Does anyone else miss Tom Jones as Frank Castle?
#DIRTYLAUNDRY

Maybe you mean Tom Jane?

Re: The Movie Thread - Azure_Angel - 07-19-2012

(07-19-2012, 06:41 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: [quote author=Azure_Angel link=topic=947.msg250113#msg250113 date=1342740401]
Does anyone else miss Tom Jones as Frank Castle?
#DIRTYLAUNDRY

Maybe you mean Tom Jane?
[/quote]
>_>
<_<

yes ._.

Re: Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-20-2012

Seeing Dark Knight 2: Electric Boogaloo tonight. Will report.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: The Movie Thread - StolenToast - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 12:24 AM)Karth link Wrote: Seeing Dark Knight 2: Electric Boogaloo tonight. Will report.

Using my government contacts I already saw it.  I think the Dark Knight trilogy is an oddball one in that the movies get progressively better.  I loved Bane as a villain.  It was a truly epic movie.

Also as an addendum to my lamerman, I mean, spiderman "review":  There was no J. Jonah Jameson.  That is why the movie never had a chance.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 07-20-2012

The Dark Knight Rises was really freaking good.  I only had a few minor issues with it, really pretty minor, but overall it's a hell of a way to end the series.  Almost wish he was going to continue making more, but he certainly put his stamp on Batman.

Re: The Movie Thread - Chief - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 02:25 AM)Maxon link Wrote: The Dark Knight Rises was really freaking good.  I only had a few minor issues with it, really pretty minor, but overall it's a hell of a way to end the series.  Almost wish he was going to continue making more, but he certainly put his stamp on Batman.
pretty much this

[spoiler]YOU SEE THE WAY BANE JUST FUCKING PUNCHED THE SHIT OUT OF THAT COLUMN WHEN BATMAN SORTA TORE HIS MASK? FUCKING AMAZING JEEZ BANE KICKS SO MUCH ASS[/spoiler]

(07-20-2012, 03:35 AM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=947.msg250163#msg250163 date=1342769155]
The Dark Knight Rises was really freaking good.  I only had a few minor issues with it, really pretty minor, but overall it's a hell of a way to end the series.  Almost wish he was going to continue making more, but he certainly put his stamp on Batman.
pretty much this

[spoiler]YOU SEE THE WAY BANE JUST FUCKING PUNCHED THE SHIT OUT OF THAT COLUMN WHEN BATMAN SORTA TORE HIS MASK? FUCKING AMAZING JEEZ BANE KICKS SO MUCH ASS[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]Yeah I thought it was pretty badass, kind of a reverse way of doing the original Bane, by making his pain push himself by destroying his mask thingy.  I just sorta wish they had made the mask mean something more.  It really isn't all that necessary to his character and just makes him harder to understand lol[/spoiler]

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-20-2012

Dark Knight Rises was about what I expected: Not as good as the last one, but has its perks. Michael Caine has his best performance in the series in this one and Christian Bale is great as well. Anne Hathaway was forgettable and Bane wasn't very intimidating. His voice sounded silly. Plot got really convoluted later on and it had difficulty juggling all of its characters. Overall I thought it was kind of forgettable.

It doesn't really matter if I recommend it or not since everyone is going to see it regardless.

Re: The Movie Thread - Chief - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 09:51 AM)Karth link Wrote: Dark Knight Rises was about what I expected: Not as good as the last one, but has its perks. Michael Caine has his best performance in the series in this one and Christian Bale is great as well. Anne Hathaway was forgettable and Bane wasn't very intimidating. His voice sounded silly. Plot got really convoluted later on and it had difficulty juggling all of its characters. Overall I thought it was kind of forgettable.

It doesn't really matter if I recommend it or not since everyone is going to see it regardless.
you must be kidding me
anne hathaway exceeded all my expectations of her being catwoman and the fact that tom hardy just pummeled the shit out of everything that he looked at and killed a bunch of people without a second thought was frightening. i do agree that at points it was a bit hard to understand what he was saying at it was obvious they re-recorded a good chunk of his lines, but it did not take too much away from his otherwise great performance.

hathaway was just good, she just did really well performing her role and not really much else

Having time to sleep on the movie, I still think it's a good end to the series, I thought Bane was done reasonably well, Catwoman was done well for the part, and though there wasn't actually alot of Batman in it, it was still pretty exciting with a good ending to it.  It's certainly not a good comic book hero movie, but just a good movie in general.

I think overall, I like The Dark Knight better over Rises.  It had plenty of Batman, the Joker was a perfect villain, just a damn good flick.

Re: Re: Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 01:38 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg250180#msg250180 date=1342795881]
Dark Knight Rises was about what I expected: Not as good as the last one, but has its perks. Michael Caine has his best performance in the series in this one and Christian Bale is great as well. Anne Hathaway was forgettable and Bane wasn't very intimidating. His voice sounded silly. Plot got really convoluted later on and it had difficulty juggling all of its characters. Overall I thought it was kind of forgettable.

you must be kidding me
anne hathaway exceeded all my expectations of her being catwoman and the fact that tom hardy just pummeled the shit out of everything that he looked at and killed a bunch of people without a second thought was frightening. i do agree that at points it was a bit hard to understand what he was saying at it was obvious they re-recorded a good chunk of his lines, but it did not take too much away from his otherwise great performance.

hathaway was just good, she just did really well performing her role and not really much else
[/quote]
I had a feeling I'd get one or two angry responses.

Re: Re: Re: The Movie Thread - Chief - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 02:27 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=947.msg250193#msg250193 date=1342809505]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg250180#msg250180 date=1342795881]

you must be kidding me

[/quote]

[/quote]wow you can tell how mad i am by me giving reasons to why i think the opposite? like seriously my face is just so red right now, im surprised you could tell over a couple of lines of text on the internet

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 02:42 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg250200#msg250200 date=1342812443]
[quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=947.msg250193#msg250193 date=1342809505]

you must be kidding me

[/quote]

[/quote]wow you can tell how mad i am by me giving reasons to why i think the opposite? like seriously my face is just so red right now, im surprised you could tell over a couple of lines of text on the internet
[/quote]
I love good discussion, so give your opinions in a rational manner next time instead of "you must be kidding me." I don't mind different opinions, just don't be arrogant about it.

Re: The Movie Thread - StolenToast - 07-20-2012

Maybe its just me but I didn't really like Hathaway.  She played her character great, it just felt like I've seen that character in dozens of other films and shows and she's kind of old now.

[Image: so_that__s_what_that__s_like_____by_joll...582m73.jpg]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Movie Thread - Chief - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 03:29 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=947.msg250204#msg250204 date=1342813375]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg250200#msg250200 date=1342812443]

you must be kidding me

[/quote]

[/quote]
I love good discussion, so give your opinions in a rational manner next time instead of "you must be kidding me." I don't mind different opinions, just don't be arrogant about it.

[/quote]'you must be kidding me' is a perfectly fine statement if i disagree completely with whatever you said. do i seriously have to be posh and polite on an internet forum just so you can have your good discussion? i gave a quick couple of reasons as to why i thought the opposite. here let me translate what i said for you

Quote:I find your statements to be quite ridiculous and unsupported given my considerations of the movie!

For one of your points being that Anne Hathaway was merely forgettable, my opinion differs quite greatly from yours. I at first thought that she would play a terrible Catwoman, as I had never seen a good live-action Catwoman (I'm looking in your general direction, Halle Berry). After viewing this movie, however, I must say that she was great as the famous Selina Kyle. Her role as a sexy, witty, and a master con artist was played exceptionally well. I also disagree with your opinion of Bane not being 'very intimidating'. Throughout the movie Bane was terrifying, as Tom Hardy alone looked like he could beat the life out of everything he looked at (including a concrete column) and had the look as if he did not give it a second thought. One point I must agree with you on is Bane's voice, as I recall at several points it was hard to understand exactly what he was saying, and it was plainly obvious that re-recorded most, if not all, of his lines. That in consideration, I do not believe it took away from his fantastic performance as the physical monstrosity known as Bane.

is that better for you? stop sidestepping and feeling oh so high and mighty by being like "i had a feeling someone would be angered by my opinion because im better than the general public at watching movies" and claiming that i am the one being arrogant.

tl;dr: seriously, karth? :/

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 04:45 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg250209#msg250209 date=1342816174]
[quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=947.msg250204#msg250204 date=1342813375]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg250200#msg250200 date=1342812443]

you must be kidding me

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]'you must be kidding me' is a perfectly fine statement if i disagree completely with whatever you said. do i seriously have to be posh and polite on an internet forum just so you can have your good discussion? i gave a quick couple of reasons as to why i thought the opposite. here let me translate what i said for you

Quote:I find your statements to be quite ridiculous and unsupported given my considerations of the movie!

For one of your points being that Anne Hathaway was merely forgettable, my opinion differs quite greatly from yours. I at first thought that she would play a terrible Catwoman, as I had never seen a good live-action Catwoman (I'm looking in your general direction, Halle Berry). After viewing this movie, however, I must say that she was great as the famous Selina Kyle. Her role as a sexy, witty, and a master con artist was played exceptionally well. I also disagree with your opinion of Bane not being 'very intimidating'. Throughout the movie Bane was terrifying, as Tom Hardy alone looked like he could beat the life out of everything he looked at (including a concrete column) and had the look as if he did not give it a second thought. One point I must agree with you on is Bane's voice, as I recall at several points it was hard to understand exactly what he was saying, and it was plainly obvious that re-recorded most, if not all, of his lines. That in consideration, I do not believe it took away from his fantastic performance as the physical monstrosity known as Bane.

is that better for you? stop sidestepping and feeling oh so high and mighty by being like "i had a feeling someone would be angered by my opinion because im better than the general public at watching movies" and claiming that i am the one being arrogant.

tl;dr: seriously, karth? :/
[/quote]
Ok chief, you win. I'll write up my full thoughts when I get home from work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Movie Thread - StolenToast - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 04:45 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: For one of your points being that Anne Hathaway was merely forgettable, my opinion differs quite greatly from yours. I at first thought that she would play a terrible Catwoman, as I had never seen a good live-action Catwoman (I'm looking in your general direction, Halle Berry). After viewing this movie, however, I must say that she was great as the famous Selina Kyle. Her role as a sexy, witty, and a master con artist was played exceptionally well. I also disagree with your opinion of Bane not being 'very intimidating'. Throughout the movie Bane was terrifying, as Tom Hardy alone looked like he could beat the life out of everything he looked at (including a concrete column) and had the look as if he did not give it a second thought. One point I must agree with you on is Bane's voice, as I recall at several points it was hard to understand exactly what he was saying, and it was plainly obvious that re-recorded most, if not all, of his lines. That in consideration, I do not believe it took away from his fantastic performance as the physical monstrosity known as Bane.

I thought Bane was terrifying because he had all the powers of Batman, but even more so because Batman was broken and unsure of himself while Bane was 100% unwavering conviction.  Also he was bigger and stronger than Batman. 

He also [spoiler]had all the tech of Batman towards the end but didn't use any of it because he was too badass for it.[/spoiler]  He didn't play with his prey ([spoiler]though I guess he technically did with Bruce Wayne himself by putting him in that specific prison[/spoiler]) but instead took care of it immediately.

The Joker is definitely one of the greatest villains, but he was never a personal threat to Batman.  He used tricks and hostages to deter the batmang, where Bane can literally beat Batman unconscious.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 07-20-2012

you know, this movie is currently associated with the worst acts of domestic terror in the past decade. you might want to show that you're all not uncaring robots by postponing this slapfight for a couple of days at least.

[Image: Slapfight.jpg]

Re: The Movie Thread - VeraLapsa - 07-20-2012

(07-20-2012, 06:10 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: you know, this movie is currently associated with the worst acts of domestic terror in the past decade. you might want to show that you're all not uncaring robots by postponing this slapfight for a couple of days at least.

http://images.lazygamer.co.za/2010/04/Slapfight.jpg

Not to come off insensitive, what happened in Colorado was terrible, but I don't see why that should stop people from discussing the movie.

The fact is the guy probably just wanted to hurt a lot of people and used the movie as an excuse to get to a large crowd with easy access, also his apartment was booby trapped so he's definitely been planning this for a long time. At least he didn't commit suicide before police got to him so maybe we'll hear why he did this eventually.

any who,

I really enjoyed Rises. [spoiler]Bane's voice was comical but it was understandable and he kicked ass. [/spoiler][spoiler]I wasn't expecting the knife in the side.[/spoiler]Of course I liked the seeing a lot of places from Pittsburgh that I've been to. [spoiler]The ending was nice and brought a tear to my eye. [/spoiler][spoiler]I totally figured that Blake was Robin early on.[/spoiler]

The only real complaint I have about the movie was a theater problem they had the volume up way to high and hurt my ears at times.