Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 10-08-2012

(10-08-2012, 02:14 PM)Squishy link Wrote: Tai Chi Zero Exclusive Trailer [HD]

i want to see this movie
YES

Re: The Movie Thread - Coppanuva - 10-11-2012

Saw the first half of 7 Psychopaths last night, it was pretty funny but extremely dark. Went way over the top on gore too IMO. Had to leave halfway through the movie since it was getting too much for the gf and she got scared/grossed out.

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 10-13-2012

Just saw Looper. Loved it. It was a bit like 12 Monkeys as Karth said. I think it might have been better without the VO. I'm guessing during screening some dickweeds couldn't follow it, so they added it like the original version of Bladerunner. Had a jalapeño stuffed pretzel at the suggestion of the server. Dipped in ranch, my new favorite movie snack. The guy in the booth next to me got drunk and passed out.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 10-13-2012

Finally got around to watching Prometheus and I really enjoyed it, but maybe I missed something...I thought back when it was in theater, it had some sorta...controversial or crazy ending or something about it bothered people.  Am I remembering this wrong? Either way, I definitely want to see a sequel and where they take it from here.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 10-16-2012

Punch-Drunk Love Analysis

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 10-16-2012

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/624061548/the-goon-movie-lets-kickstart-this-sucker

Re: The Movie Thread - Hobospartan - 10-17-2012

(10-13-2012, 02:35 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Finally got around to watching Prometheus and I really enjoyed it, but maybe I missed something...I thought back when it was in theater, it had some sorta...controversial or crazy ending or something about it bothered people.  Am I remembering this wrong? Either way, I definitely want to see a sequel and where they take it from here.

I really enjoyed everything up until the part where the storm hit.  It really seemed to go off the rails after that.  Didn't really notice anything all that controversial, though.  I just watched it for the first time a couple days ago, myself, so it hasn't really had time to sink in yet.  Very pretty film, interesting concept, and I'd watch the shit out of a sequel, it just wasn't on the level of Alien/s to me.  Which is a pretty high standard.

I also watched Contact for the first time in years.  I really really liked it. Up until the very end, where one test of an experiment is apparently all that's needed to get an accurate result.  And you really expect me to believe they spent all that money (500 trillion or whatever) on a toy they use once before declaring it useless?  I call shenanigans.  I can't think of a more disappointing ending off the top of my head.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 10-17-2012

(10-13-2012, 02:35 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Finally got around to watching Prometheus and I really enjoyed it, but maybe I missed something...I thought back when it was in theater, it had some sorta...controversial or crazy ending or something about it bothered people.  Am I remembering this wrong? Either way, I definitely want to see a sequel and where they take it from here.
As a prequel to Alien it's got some really interesting stuff in it.

As a film it's a fucking train wreck.

Red Letter Media talks about Prometheus - SPOILERS

Also saw The Mask and Perks of Being a Wallflower today.

The Mask was shockingly boring with no jokes, only camera mugging.

Perks of Being a Wallflower surprised me, the script and narrative was really strong. Acting was great too, the cast was perfect for each of their respective roles. It played out very similarly to a John Hughes film only with a darker tone. Overall I really enjoyed it.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 10-17-2012

The First Three Days

This is the movie I'm an intern on.

Re: The Movie Thread - Coppanuva - 10-19-2012

Saw a really early screening of Wreck-It Ralph last night, was awesome. Everybody I went with loved it, even the ones who had no knowledge or experience with old arcades. All the little touches were nice and it's definitely worth watching.

Re: The Movie Thread - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 10-20-2012

Double feature last night.

Argo is pitch perfect and really tense until the end. Not a bad moment in the movie. High recommend.

Tai Chi Zero has lots of lulz. Good fights, script is meh. Good MST3k fodder. Works best as a midnight movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - A. Crow - 10-20-2012

Paranormal Activity 4.

Meh.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 10-20-2012

(10-20-2012, 08:58 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: Paranormal Activity 4.

Meh.
Saw it coming from a mile away. It's already being milked like the Saw movies.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 10-22-2012

Original Friday the 13th is a bad movie, but it's really enjoyable despite that.

Event Horizon is a bad movie and it is not good because of that.

Re: The Movie Thread - Vandamguy - 10-22-2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307068/

This movie is pretty good at making you feels. Characters are well developed and the plot isn't all over the map like a typical end of the world movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 10-23-2012

Carrie was not so much a horror film as it was a tragic drama.

Re: The Movie Thread - [SiN] Merc - 10-23-2012

(10-23-2012, 01:15 AM)Karth link Wrote: Carrie was not so much a horror film as it was a tragic drama.

A drama about periods and pig's blood.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 10-23-2012

I have a huge nerd boner from the Iron Man trailer.

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 10-23-2012

Yeah, definitely do want.

Re: The Movie Thread - Kor - 10-23-2012

Just looked it up, need more Pepper Potts in a Iron Man suit. Otherwise, I have no idea who the villain is supposed to be.