Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - A. Crow - 03-03-2013

What?  Haven't you ever seen a Knight in a red diaper, knee-high leather boots and pony tail before?

Re: The Movie Thread - Totla - 03-04-2013

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. I laughed until I cried.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 03-05-2013

(03-03-2013, 10:38 AM)LT Crow link Wrote: What?  Haven't you ever seen a Knight in a red diaper, knee-high leather boots and pony tail before?
You forgot to mention that that's Sean Connery.

Re: The Movie Thread - CaffeinePowered - 03-05-2013

(03-03-2013, 10:33 AM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=947.msg262824#msg262824 date=1362290752]
for those who have not seen Zardoz

[Image: zardoz.jpeg]
Out of all the things I've seen on the internet, I am now scarred for life.
[/quote]

There's far worse my friend

[Image: 61%2BvaftxwML._SS500_.jpg]

Re: The Movie Thread - Sogo - 03-07-2013

Finally got around to watching Wreck It Ralph. I love everything about this movie.
Especially [spoiler]the Kano Heart Rip fatality reference in the beginning.[/spoiler]

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 03-10-2013

I watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

It's a documentary about an 85 year old sushi chef, his small sushi restaurant, and the cultural, familial, and personal dynamics behind it all. Not a bad watch. It will make you really crave (good) sushi, and the soundtrack is mostly Philip Glass and Max Richter.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 03-27-2013

Best of Disco Godfather (So Far)

Disco Godfather is most likely the greatest film ever created.

Re: The Movie Thread - k0ala - 03-27-2013

The Human Tornado (aka Dolemite II) is pretty far up there as far as Rudy Ray Jones movies go.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 03-27-2013

(03-10-2013, 02:17 AM)Didzo link Wrote: I watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

It's a documentary about an 85 year old sushi chef, his small sushi restaurant, and the cultural, familial, and personal dynamics behind it all. Not a bad watch. It will make you really crave (good) sushi, and the soundtrack is mostly Philip Glass and Max Richter.

What was so great about this movie was it really showed the double edged sword of perfectionism.

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 03-28-2013

Saw Spring Breakers today. Didn't really know anything about it but was pleasantly surprised. Almost an art house type of film. I would recommend it.

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 03-30-2013

Went to Olympus has Fallen today. It's pretty much Die Hard in the white house without the charm and could have benefited from taking itself a little less seriously. Still not a bad action picture.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-04-2013

Roger Ebert died earlier today.

Re: The Movie Thread - CaffeinePowered - 04-05-2013

(04-04-2013, 05:24 PM)Karth link Wrote: Roger Ebert died earlier today.

[Image: rKdlGZZ.jpg]

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 04-10-2013

Watched Primer. A nice small science fiction film. Really low budget but well done.

Re: The Movie Thread - zaneyard - 04-10-2013

(04-10-2013, 10:23 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: Watched Primer. A nice small science fiction film. Really low budget but well done.
I thought it was interesting but I just couldn't really piece together what was going on. Perhaps if I were to watch it a second time..

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 04-11-2013

(04-10-2013, 10:25 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Mission Difficult link=topic=947.msg264797#msg264797 date=1365650610]
Watched Primer. A nice small science fiction film. Really low budget but well done.
I thought it was interesting but I just couldn't really piece together what was going on. Perhaps if I were to watch it a second time..
[/quote]

It's definitely not a movie you can watch in passing. I'd say it's worth a second viewing.

Just watched Brazil. One of the best science fiction movies I've ever seen. The only thing I could complain about was wanting more De Niro in it.

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 04-11-2013

(04-11-2013, 03:36 AM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=947.msg264798#msg264798 date=1365650754]
[quote author=Mission Difficult link=topic=947.msg264797#msg264797 date=1365650610]
[/quote]

It's definitely not a movie you can watch in passing. I'd say it's worth a second viewing.

Just watched Brazil. One of the best science fiction movies I've ever seen. The only thing I could complain about was wanting more De Niro in it.
[/quote]

I wasn't a fan of Primer, though I can appreciate how well done it was for a really low budget film. The first half of the movie was very slow and filled with annoying pseudo-scientific technical talk, but then things got very complicated very fast with not much time given for processing to the audience. It felt to me as if they were too in love with the concept to create a well-rounded movie.

I think I've posted about it before, but Brazil was a movie I really enjoyed.

-----------------

So I watched my first Korean revenge film, Oldboy. It kept my attention all the way through, despite the fact that my brain guessed at what the "twist" was as soon as the first real hint was dropped. However, I did end up forgetting my guess as the movie progressed, which means that I was entertained and going along for the ride despite myself. Predicting the twist did not really dim the conclusion of the movie much, either. It's a violent, graphic, bold, and pretty fucked up movie. I say it's a good watch if you're into that sort of thing.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 04-11-2013

Escape From New York Original 1981 Trailer

Re: The Movie Thread - zaneyard - 04-11-2013

(04-11-2013, 06:15 AM)Didzo link Wrote: So I watched my first Korean revenge film, Oldboy. It kept my attention all the way through, despite the fact that my brain guessed at what the "twist" was as soon as the first real hint was dropped. However, I did end up forgetting my guess as the movie progressed, which means that I was entertained and going along for the ride despite myself. Predicting the twist did not really dim the conclusion of the movie much, either. It's a violent, graphic, bold, and pretty fucked up movie. I say it's a good watch if you're into that sort of thing.
Literally just downloaded this on tuesday.

Re: The Movie Thread - Totla - 04-11-2013

The Room is the best movie ever.