Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 04-12-2013

(04-11-2013, 08:42 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Call me Snake

Speaking of Harry Dean Stanton, guess what I'm seeing tonight...

[Image: tumblr_mgshfwJv9v1qa6obyo1_1280_zps8588a7a6.jpg]

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 04-12-2013

I never dun seen Repo Man. When I was 9 and watching stolen HBO through a potato tuner the Repo Man trailers always looked like a sequel to Modern Problems to me.

(04-12-2013, 05:09 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: I never dun seen Repo Man.

Then you should probably cancel any plans you had for this weekend and see it. It's goddamn amazing you gypsy dildo punk....

Repo Man is still awesome. Really cool to see a 35mm print, especially for this kind of film. Alex Cox was there for a Q&A as well. Dude was super excited. There was some kind of raffle and look what I walked away with...

[Image: photobucket-5361-1365824589010_zps852c9a94.jpg]

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-15-2013

http://livlily.blogspot.com/2010/11/model-sheets-production-drawings.html

Cool site I found off Reddit that houses tons of production art from various animated films.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-16-2013

Saw the Evil Dead remake today. Really creative stuff they did with the gore, but other than that it didn't have much going for it. I would recommend it if you like the other Evil Deads, but if not I'd be wary of spending some cash on it.

Re: The Movie Thread - FlyingMongoose - 04-16-2013

(04-16-2013, 05:18 PM)Karth link Wrote: Saw the Evil Dead remake today. Really creative stuff they did with the gore, but other than that it didn't have much going for it. I would recommend it if you like the other Evil Deads, but if not I'd be wary of spending some cash on it.

So... rental or streaming rental like amazon instant?

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-20-2013

Watched Into the Abyss today. Very unsettling Werner Herzog documentary. Explores the American prison system and Death Penalty. I can't say I've ever felt so uneasy after a movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 04-20-2013

I watched the Machinist. Solid film, really atmospheric. Also, Christian Bale looking like a skeleton with skin vacuum packed over it is disturbing.

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 04-20-2013

(04-20-2013, 02:57 AM)Karth link Wrote: Watched Into the Abyss today. Very unsettling Werner Herzog documentary. Explores the American prison system and Death Penalty. I can't say I've ever felt so uneasy after a movie.

I don't know that it explores the prison system so much as why people end up there. Not as good as Encounters at the End of the World or Grizzly Man but still pretty solid and worth a watch.

(04-20-2013, 05:31 PM)Didzo link Wrote: I watched the Machinist. Solid film, really atmospheric. Also, Christian Bale looking like a skeleton with skin vacuum packed over it is disturbing.

Agreed. Also I happened upon this gem on the IMDB message boards for the movie.

Re: The Movie Thread - Elder - 04-21-2013

finally saw wreck it ralph friday after not sleeping all night.
I enjoyed it

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 04-22-2013

Prometheus looked cool but it also felt dumb and completely pointless.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 12:08 AM)Didzo link Wrote: Prometheus looked cool but it also felt dumb and completely pointless.

Someone told me it connected the blade runner universe to the aliens universe and that confused and slightly angered me.

Re: The Movie Thread - HeK - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 08:43 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=947.msg265408#msg265408 date=1366607305]
Prometheus looked cool but it also felt dumb and completely pointless.

Someone told me it connected the blade runner universe to the aliens universe and that confused and slightly angered me.
[/quote]

Only on the BluRay Steelbook version, and only then, barely.
[Image: tEKt5.jpeg]

The timelines don't mesh at all.

I want to like Prometheus. It does everything very well, except for story. I could complain indefinitely about the story.

Re: The Movie Thread - Azure_Angel - 04-22-2013

ParaNorman was an interesting and clever movie. Definitely not a kids film, and had that clever charm a la Tim Burton. Though I did enjoy it, at points it felt way over the top and tried to be just like a Burton film. Good netflix flick, probably won't watch it again for a long time though.

[spoiler]I did enjoy the fact that Mitch turned out to be gay in the end though. [/spoiler]

Re: The Movie Thread - Azure_Angel - 04-23-2013

After the extreme disappointment of the Dutch Angle movie (the last Thor) I'm looking forward to this one. It feels a lot more like a Thor movie should. Thor: The Dark World trailer UK -- Official Marvel | HD

Re: The Movie Thread - Kor - 04-23-2013

I got some tingles there. Disney is being pretty awesome about just letting the Avengers(and by extension the Marvel) Universe get built up.

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-26-2013

Grizzly Man was phenomenal. Check it out on netflix if you haven't already.

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 04-29-2013

I watched "I Saw the Devil," another Korean revenge flick. It's graphic with plenty of blood, rape, torture, graphic violence, and so forth, if you're into that sort of thing. The main antagonist is the actor who was the lead role in Oldboy. His acting was spot on and is the highlight of the movie. Despite some good acting and a few satisfying scenes, the movie is two and a half hours long, and by the end of it, you really just want the damn thing to end. It drags on forever and really feels its length due to boring intermediate scenes with people driving from point A to point D, sitting around to take breaks from driving, random people with no real impact on the plot getting killed just because they happen to be there, and so forth. Just because the movie events take course over a few days doesn't mean it should feel like it for the viewer.

All in all, it's flawed but worth a watch if you're into this sort of thing and have nothing better to do with your life.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 04-29-2013

I Saw The Devil spoilers: [spoiler]I assume you're talking about the friends of the villain, can't remember his name right now, but the cannibals? I feel they had every reference to the plot since what's-his-face was chasing him and trakced him there and thought he should rescue the people that the cannibals had captured. I feel the movie does a really good job of asking if you the hero is really the hero or is he just as evil as the villain.[/spoiler]

The director of I Saw The Devil also directed The Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

also AWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSS

Pacific Rim - Con Footage [HD]