Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 08-09-2013

Elysium was pretty good.  It's not as well-developed a world as District 9 was, but Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, and Sharlto Copley all hit it out of the park. Sharlto's also the villain this time around.

Re: - FlyingMongoose - 08-09-2013

2 Guns was pretty entertaining...

Sent from my Neo Geo Pocket

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 08-11-2013

Elysium was alright. Story-wise I think it was pretty lacking, but all the visuals were really interesting and I think the gore was top-notch; just like District 9.

It's kind of forgettable, but I think it's a watch.

Re: The Movie Thread - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 08-17-2013

Kick-Ass 2 is skip-able

For those who have read the comic: [spoiler]prepare for a completely different/sanitized movie with a bullshit ending[/spoiler]

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 08-22-2013

Super excited for The Zero Theorem. Looks like it will be a more modern Brazil. There was a leaked trailer floating around last month. Looked so good!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Re: The Movie Thread - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 08-22-2013

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/22/ben-affleck-batman/

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
DAREDEVIL!

Re: The Movie Thread - Chief - 08-23-2013

(08-22-2013, 09:19 PM)Live-Free-Or-Pie link Wrote: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/22/ben-affleck-batman/

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
DAREDEVIL!
i already died a little

Re: The Movie Thread - FlyingMongoose - 08-23-2013

Why can't he and matt damon stick to kevin smith's movies?

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 08-23-2013

Saw an advanced screening of Noah tonight. The version I saw was a work print. Lot's of unfinished effects, uncolored shots, and stand-in music. Just a forewarning, I can't really talk about any specifics.

Ignoring the unfinished bits, I'd say the movie has quite a few major problems it needs to address before its release. Most of the movie is just fine and there are even some fantastic bits, but the second they get on that boat the next hour focuses on a single boring plot point and it's just impossible to give a shit what happens. The biggest issues are the relationships between the characters. There's very little dialogue between them that isn't exposition, so it's hard to get behind them when we're supposed to care. This is especially bad when it gets to a point when your characters are what's supposed to carry the film.

It's a work in progress, so hopefully they fix up the rough bits, but I wonder if they can fix the character relations.

Re: The Movie Thread - K2 - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 06:14 AM)Karth link Wrote: Saw an advanced screening of Noah tonight. The version I saw was a work print. Lot's of unfinished effects, uncolored shots, and stand-in music. Just a forewarning, I can't really talk about any specifics.

Ignoring the unfinished bits, I'd say the movie has quite a few major problems it needs to address before its release. Most of the movie is just fine and there are even some fantastic bits, but the second they get on that boat the next hour focuses on a single boring plot point and it's just impossible to give a shit what happens. The biggest issues are the relationships between the characters. There's very little dialogue between them that isn't exposition, so it's hard to get behind them when we're supposed to care. This is especially bad when it gets to a point when your characters are what's supposed to carry the film.

It's a work in progress, so hopefully they fix up the rough bits, but I wonder if they can fix the character relations.

I had never heard of this, so I looked up the imdb page. Darren Aronofsky doing a movie about Noah's Ark makes absolutely no sense to me.

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 08-24-2013

Edit: Posted in the wrong thread. I haven't watched a movie in what feels like months.

Re: The Movie Thread - A. Crow - 09-02-2013

I had great interest in the Great Gatsby when it hit theatres, I bought it on impulse the other day since I didn't actually get to it in theatres...

it's a little tedious. 

Re: The Movie Thread - Chief - 09-02-2013

watched gatsby and upstream color

gatsby: the actors fit their roles pretty damn well, but i was thrown off a lot by directorial choices (cuts, deleted scenes) and the music for the first half just didn't feel right. was enjoyable to watch, but could have been better
upstream color: a whole bunch of 'what the fuck this is kinda cool' moments in the first half that pretty much let itself down by the time it reached the second half. was a total letdown

Re: The Movie Thread - Mission Difficult - 09-03-2013

This is gonna be AWESOME!

The Zero Theorem | FIRST LOOK Clip Biennale Venedig (2013) Christoph Waltz Terry Gilliam

Re: The Movie Thread - Didzo - 09-04-2013

(09-03-2013, 06:42 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: This is gonna be AWESOME!

The Zero Theorem | FIRST LOOK Clip Biennale Venedig (2013) Christoph Waltz Terry Gilliam

Might as well just call it Brazil instead.

It'll either be brilliant or a weird mess that just doesn't work.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumbot - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 02:14 AM)Didzo link Wrote: It'll either be brilliant or a weird mess that just doesn't work.

For me, dystopian sci-fi is at it's best when it displays the wretched horror of future advertising. In that regard only, this looks like it follows in the footsteps of Blade Runner, They Live, Demolition Man, Total Recall, etc.

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 09-05-2013

I love three of those four movies, and haven't yet seen They Live although it's been in my queue for a long time.

Re: The Movie Thread - k0ala - 09-07-2013

They Live, and Hell comes to Frogtown, are two of my favorite sci-fi movies. They had strong messages that survive their cheesy production.

Re: The Movie Thread - Elder - 09-07-2013

I'm sure some of you already know but. ROBITS

ROBOCOP - Official Trailer (2014) [HQ]

Re: The Movie Thread - HeK - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 11:07 AM)Elder link Wrote: I'm sure some of you already know but. ROBITS

ROBOCOP - Official Trailer (2014) [HQ]

Looks like they managed to beat Robocop 3's highscore.