Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-04-2009

Finally watched the Matrix. Great movie.

But according to the blockbuster envelope, it's, "The The Matrix [with Terminator 4 cash]"

I was all like, "lolwut"

Re: The Movie Thread - Radio Raheem - 07-04-2009

role models is the funniest movie ive seen in a long time

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 07-04-2009

(07-04-2009, 02:11 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Saw a movie called shinobi, it's basically a live action anime.  If that seems like it would be awesome to you you should see it.
It actually is a live action adaptation of an anime, the anime is called Basilisk, different characters but still the same story pretty much. The live-action adaptation of DeathNote is damn good too.

Watched Push, I thought it was cool. The way they did the powers and everything was awesome. Budr would approve of Dakota Fanning's appearance in it.

ps nick and norah's infinite playlist was awesome.

also rented The Sky Crawlers, it's a new anime movie directed by the director of the original Ghost in the Shell.

Re: The Movie Thread - Fail Medic - 07-04-2009

Saw Apocalypse Now Redux a couple of months after seeing the original release.  The vast majority of the additional footage only served to make the movie more surreal (the 2nd Playmates scene wtf), but I'm glad Marlon Brando got to stretch his legs a bit in it.  I liked the shipping container scene (I wish we could work that into our scenario), and the French plantation scene was cool in the sense of "here is something Willard found on his dark journey" and it seemed to make more sense than the "island of light" thing of the USO show.

Re: The Movie Thread - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 07-04-2009

(07-04-2009, 11:04 PM)Fail Medic link Wrote: Saw Apocalypse Now Redux a couple of months after seeing the original release.  The vast majority of the additional footage only served to make the movie more surreal (the 2nd Playmates scene wtf), but I'm glad Marlon Brando got to stretch his legs a bit in it.  I liked the shipping container scene (I wish we could work that into our scenario), and the French plantation scene was cool in the sense of "here is something Willard found on his dark journey" and it seemed to make more sense than the "island of light" thing of the USO show.

<3 it (redux especially.) Make sure you watch Hearts of Darkness as well. The filming process was almost as crazy as the actual movie XD

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-04-2009

Saw Public Enemies tonight.

Pretty good, but I definitely set my expectations way too high. *that's not a bad thing*

Re: The Movie Thread - Fail Medic - 07-05-2009

(05-31-2009, 10:30 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: UP was really good.

Indeed.  Just saw it with glasses.  This is the kind of movie that encourages you to suspend disbelief and you happily oblige.  Even for the dogs.  In their squeaky-toy-con... yeah.  Big Grin 

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 07-05-2009

(07-05-2009, 09:01 PM)Fail Medic link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg87147#msg87147 date=1243783829]
UP was really good.

Indeed.  Just saw it with glasses.  This is the kind of movie that encourages you to suspend disbelief and you happily oblige.  Even for the dogs.  In their squeaky-toy-con... yeah.  Big Grin 
[/quote]
Squirrel?

Re: The Movie Thread - Fail Medic - 07-05-2009

(07-05-2009, 09:03 PM)Karth is a Public Enemy link Wrote: [quote author=Fail Medic link=topic=947.msg94957#msg94957 date=1246845664]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg87147#msg87147 date=1243783829]
UP was really good.

[/quote]
Squirrel?
[/quote]

... (looks)

... Anyway, yeah, I'm glad I caught it before they cut screens and dropped the 3D version, though I still would have enjoyed it the old-fashioned way.  Sounds were spot-on, too, by the way... loved the creaking of that old house.

Re: The Movie Thread - Ianki - 07-05-2009

Away we Go and Brother Bloom were both amazing movies.  Away we go is almost sublime.

I was really looking forward to Limits of Control, but it turned out to be pretty pointless. A lot of beautifully shot scenes with no plot or pacing to speak of.  It's Jim Jarmush's slowest film, which is saying a lot compared to ghost dog or deadman

Will see moon sometime this week, i'm really excited.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 07-06-2009

(07-05-2009, 09:49 PM)Ianki link Wrote: Away we Go and Brother Bloom were both amazing movies.  Away we go is almost sublime.

I was really looking forward to Limits of Control, but it turned out to be pretty pointless. A lot of beautifully shot scenes with no plot or pacing to speak of.  It's Jim Jarmush's slowest film, which is saying a lot compared to ghost dog or deadman

Jerk, I still don't know when Moon is opening up around here.

Re: The Movie Thread - K2 - 07-06-2009

(07-06-2009, 07:43 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=947.msg94961#msg94961 date=1246848563]
Away we Go and Brother Bloom were both amazing movies.  Away we go is almost sublime.

[/quote]

http://www.sonyclassics.com/moon/dates.html

It opens Friday for me.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 07-06-2009

(07-06-2009, 11:38 AM)K2 link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg95011#msg95011 date=1246884199]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=947.msg94961#msg94961 date=1246848563]

[/quote]

http://www.sonyclassics.com/moon/dates.html

It opens Friday for me.
[/quote]
Oh shit me too!

Re: The Movie Thread - SAVAGE-0 - 07-06-2009

just saw watchmen for the first time - was the extended version.. I quite enjoyed it... having never known any of the story/characters.  if people still haven't seen it because they weren't overly interested, know that was me and I give it a thumbs up.

Re: The Movie Thread - Valentine Wiggin - 07-06-2009

(06-14-2009, 10:38 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Think this was discussed somewhere here before but oh well.

Just saw the movie Brick for the first time and I can honestly say its one of the best movies i've seen in the last 5 years.  Maybe even 10 if I could search back in my memory that far.

JGL FTW

i rented it b/c of this thread and just started watching it and realized i'd already seen it but can't remember what happens even though i remember it being good.  my brain is fail  Sad

Re: The Movie Thread - JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - 07-06-2009

I saw Public Enemies. Should've been an allout action movie seeing as how those were the only interesting scenes.

Far too much time spent on the love story
[Image: him2087.gif]

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 07-07-2009

"Jennifer's Body" (official movie trailer) [HQ]

So uhhhh......yea

Re: The Movie Thread - CorpseFactor - 07-07-2009

Apt Pupil is good.

Re: The Movie Thread - Dave - 07-07-2009

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

has 3 things i like

brad pitt
ryan the temp from the office
nazis getting destroyed

Re: The Movie Thread - CorpseFactor - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 03:31 PM)Jack link Wrote: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

has 3 things i like

brad pitt
ryan the temp from the office
nazis getting destroyed
Removed, fail