Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-18-2009

Saw the Rifftrax Live Holiday thing tonight. Wasn't as good as the Plan 9 thing they did a few months ago, but still pretty good.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 12-18-2009

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 12-18-2009

(12-18-2009, 03:25 AM)Squishmas link Wrote: Avatar was amazing

Thank god. Seeing it this weekend.

Re: The Movie Thread - Vongore - 12-19-2009

(12-18-2009, 08:59 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Squishmas link=topic=947.msg127479#msg127479 date=1261124752]

[/quote]

I differ... while it was Fun, i didn't considered it a GOOD movie.

The plot was predictable, some scenes were made just for you to scream like "OMGZ it's da Threee deee", the movie was full of action movie cliches and the whole premise was awesome at the beggining but was kinda dumb in the end.. i couldn't stop asking "why?"

Go watch it anyway, but in 3D, you can really tell that's the whole purpose of the movie

EDIT: Also half of the machines remembere me of the Halo universe, i could notice the Hornets, the Cyclops (Halo Wars), and even that big square ship that looked just like the ship that builds your Bases on Halo Wars

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-19-2009

Joyeaux Noel was fantastic. The best Christmas movie I've seen in a while.

Re: The Movie Thread - KorJax - 12-19-2009

(12-18-2009, 12:31 AM)Karthmas link Wrote: Saw the Rifftrax Live Holiday thing tonight. Wasn't as good as the Plan 9 thing they did a few months ago, but still pretty good.

Holy shit me too! Who would of thought.

It was allright.  The last short they riff'd totally made up for the couple of "eh" ones they did during it haha.

I really want to see Fantastic Mr. Fox though.  And maybe avatar.  I won't be able to see them until it comes out on DVD I figure though.  I can't muster up enough courage to say I actually want to see it with my roomates, much less afford to go to a movie  Tongue

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 12-19-2009

(12-19-2009, 01:38 AM)Vongore link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=947.msg127494#msg127494 date=1261144740]
[quote author=Squishmas link=topic=947.msg127479#msg127479 date=1261124752]

[/quote]

I differ... while it was Fun, i didn't considered it a GOOD movie.

The plot was predictable, some scenes were made just for you to scream like "OMGZ it's da Threee deee", the movie was full of action movie cliches and the whole premise was awesome at the beggining but was kinda dumb in the end.. i couldn't stop asking "why?"

Go watch it anyway, but in 3D, you can really tell that's the whole purpose of the movie

EDIT: Also half of the machines remembere me of the Halo universe, i could notice the Hornets, the Cyclops (Halo Wars), and even that big square ship that looked just like the ship that builds your Bases on Halo Wars
[/quote]The only scenes where it really was shown to be ""OMG 3D" was when they pointed guns or bows etc directly at the screen, otherwise it immersed you well. The plot, while predictable, was done very well regardless of how unoriginal it was. Hell, James Cameron had the plot in his head for 15 years, he just wanted the technology to make it the way he wanted to. I was immersed fully in the movie except for the fact I was sitting near the aisle and the lightstrip was reflecting off my 3D glasses.

regardless of the plot, THIS is the movie to see this year, everyone will have differing opinions, but nobody can argue the story being bad, special effects being bad, acting being bad, etc. Zoe Saldana was good, Sam Worthington was good, Sigourney Weaver was good, the Marine commander was awesome. The attention to detail in the environment and everything was spectacularly done as well, he created an entire ecosystem JUST for this one movie, the last thing that did anything close imo was Star Wars, but it was not on this level.

Re: The Movie Thread - Benito Mussolini - 12-19-2009

(12-19-2009, 06:40 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: Joyeaux Noel was fantastic. The best Christmas movie I've seen in a while.

what?

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-19-2009

(12-19-2009, 09:08 PM)Benito link Wrote: [quote author=Karthmas link=topic=947.msg127680#msg127680 date=1261266042]
Joyeaux Noel was fantastic. The best Christmas movie I've seen in a while.

what?
[/quote]
Er, Joyeux. Or however it's spelled.

It's still a good movie. Sad

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-22-2009

Naked Gun 33 1/3 was pretty fun, much better than the second one.

Re: The Movie Thread - Turtle - 12-22-2009

Hangover was hilarious

BRB, watching 500 days of summer

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 12-22-2009

(12-22-2009, 08:09 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: Naked Gun 33 1/3 was pretty fun, much better than the second one.
Spy Hard, Wrongfully Accused

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 12-23-2009

Avatar in 3D was incredible. Easily the best cg-driven movie I have ever seen. It has some story and dialogue issues, but is otherwise fine. Also, Jurassic Park rifftrax was really funny.

Re: The Movie Thread - Turtle - 12-23-2009

500 Days of Summer is amazing

I can't even describe it. It was perfect...

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 12-23-2009

Ever since I read Wanted I've had a hatred of Mark Millar. Early trailers for Kick Ass makes me feel like this hatred is justified. Basically the guy just comes up with the most f'ed up shit to hide his lack of talent, takes his writing too seriously, then tries to make you feel like if you don't like it then "you just don't get it."

What a douche.

Re: The Movie Thread - Greatbacon - 12-23-2009

(12-23-2009, 09:41 PM)Turtle link Wrote: 500 Days of Summer is amazing

I can't even describe it. It was perfect...
I wouldn't say perfect (the ending was super cheezy) but I love this movie so much.  It has a good soundtrack too.

Re: The Movie Thread - copulatingduck - 12-24-2009

Finally found a theater with Paranormal Activity. It was only alright (not bad for $1), I hate internet hype machines Sad

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 12-24-2009

(12-23-2009, 10:48 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Basically the guy just comes up with the most f'ed up shit to hide his lack of talent, takes his writing too seriously, then tries to make you feel like if you don't like it then "you just don't get it."

What a douche.

Great description fitting of the artist Damien Hirst.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/6329047/It-couldnt-get-worse-for-Damien-Hirst.html

Re: The Movie Thread - SAVAGE-0 - 12-24-2009

(12-24-2009, 08:18 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: Finally found a theater with Paranormal Activity. It was only alright (not bad for $1), I hate internet hype machines Sad

it was one of the stupidest things i'd ever seen... I'm actually quite upset i watched the whole thing.  Though an FYI - the theatre version and one floating around on the internetz has different endings... mine was stupid and from what I heard the theatre one was just as bad.

not as bad as the breakup tho... but damn close

Re: The Movie Thread - Turtle - 12-24-2009

I watched Inglourious basterds

SPOILER ALERT

99.97% of everyone in the movie dies