Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-10-2010

(04-09-2010, 11:40 PM)Black Aspen link Wrote: [quote author=Karth del Top Hat link=topic=947.msg146049#msg146049 date=1270851585]
So, I almost went to the 3rd screening of The Last Airbender last night, but decided not to at the last minute. Little did I know that M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN WAS IN THE FREAKING THEATER.

THE FREAKING DIRECTOR WAS IN THE THEATER.

Karth... what the FUCK is wrong with you!?!?!?  Shyamalan or not, I'da made sure I was at that fucking screening!  I'm disappointed in you...
[/quote]
you'd have to be there 4 hours early to get in. I was still at school during this time. Besides, they've screened it a few times now, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one more.

Also, saw Date Night tonight. Fun little flick, enjoyed the 88 minutes.

Re: The Movie Thread - exanimo2 - 04-11-2010

Awesome.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 04-11-2010

Wiley!

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-17-2010

Saw Dracula (1931) tonight after a long time trying to find it. It definitely does not stand up as a scary movie anymore, but it is cool to see all these cliches before they were, you know, cliches.

Re: The Movie Thread - Black Aspen - 04-17-2010

So I've been a huge movie kicker lately, as I knocked out a huge list of films I haven't seen or haven't seen in a long time and want to re-live.  Maybe I'll post some thoughts here once awhile if I'm bored.  I'm bored now, so I guess it's a good time.  Oh, and I went back to the beginning of this thread to remind me of some choices.

Persepolis - Not a bad movie, but sooooo highly overrated.  I'd heard it deemed the best animated film of the last decade.  Noooope.  Triiiiple nooope.  It's definetly an interesting look into the life of someone with a much different history than myself, but that's the only real characteristic of the movie that did anything for me.

RocknRolla - I'm a big Guy Ritchie fan, but managed to miss this one in it's initial release.  To me, the film falls flat for the first hour, before finally deciding to get beyond its introduction.  Has only 10% of the charm that Snatch or Lock Stock has.  Thankfully Ritchie's redeemed himself with Sherlock Holmes.

Dear Zachary - Kept missing my chances to see this doc, and it's the main reason I went for some DVDs at the library to begin with.  Lots of hype for this one, but it's much more deserving of it than Persepolis is.  It might come off as a little bias/one-sided (which, IMO, is no reason to ever knock a documentary), but don't let that get in the way of taking this one in.  I don't want to say too much about the events of the film, but track this one down if you want to get emotionally engulphed in someone elses struggles for a couple hours.  I don't think you could finish watching this one without feeling something deep.

Re: The Movie Thread - copulatingduck - 04-17-2010

If you read the comic, do NOT watch Kick-Ass. As mediaocre and  uninspired as you foudn the comic, you iwll find the movie ordere of magnitude less digestablew (it was fucking terrible unless you like shitty comedies where the actors happen to be dressed in costumes and turn the cheese all the way up to 11 by the end of the movie; also, it was NOTIHING like the comic books. and not ime not watste just tipsy

Re: The Movie Thread - Ianki - 04-17-2010

it's as if me in the late 90's co-wrote a slash fanfic with me in the early 10's

http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/chloe/red-band-clip-lesbian

Re: The Movie Thread - exanimo2 - 04-18-2010

Nice scene, but I still think Julianne Moore is hideous.

Re: The Movie Thread - Turtle - 04-18-2010

Just watched Miracle at St. Anna

You've got a pretty good idea of what the ending is gonna be with still like an hour left

Re: The Movie Thread - Darklink - 04-18-2010

(04-17-2010, 05:04 AM)Duck link Wrote: this shit is nucking futs

Re: The Movie Thread - copulatingduck - 04-20-2010

This looks like it could be good:

'Holy Rollers' HD Trailer

edit: omg this too: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony/micmacs/

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-22-2010

Singin' In the Rain.

How come I never knew this movie was SO GOOOOOD

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-23-2010

EFF YES MONSTER'S INC SEQUEL

Re: The Movie Thread - Black Aspen - 04-23-2010

(04-23-2010, 01:12 AM)Karth del Top Hat link Wrote: EFF YES MONSTER'S INC SEQUEL

"Brave" actually sounded pretty interesting too.  Preliminary thought, though.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 04-23-2010

Read a review of The Losers and it sounds like they really fucked it up in translation. Sounds only vaguely similar to the comic which was pretty much a storyboard for the best action movie ever.

Re: The Movie Thread - rumsfald - 04-24-2010

@ duck, it has fucking Q-tip. 1-2 1-2, keep it on.

Re: The Movie Thread - cbre88x - 04-26-2010

Interesting find..

[REC] - Spanish Horror - Clip 1

look familiar..you might recognize the plot, setting, and characters from a familiar American movie.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm309368576/tt1082868

Guess which one was made first.

That's right. REC was made first..I just realized how much the American film industry sucks balls this decade.

Re: The Movie Thread - Surf314 - 04-26-2010

Saw The Losers with At0m, it was much better than I expected. They nailed the main characters except for Aisha but made the villain cartoonishly evil. Also for whatever reason they made certain action sequences less actiony than their source. Maybe they were low on money?

Re: The Movie Thread - SAVAGE-0 - 04-26-2010

I've began watching AFI's top 100... Citizen Kane was last night. I know that I'm not going to overly enjoy quite a few of these haha, I'm far too uneducated to understand wtf is going on half the time Sad

Kane was at least enjoyable for most of it - little slow in parts and seemingly 0 plot; yet, still able to connect to most of the characters

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 04-26-2010

(04-26-2010, 07:59 AM)SAVAGE-0 link Wrote: I've began watching AFI's top 100... Citizen Kane was last night. I know that I'm not going to overly enjoy quite a few of these haha, I'm far too uneducated to understand wtf is going on half the time Sad

Kane was at least enjoyable for most of it - little slow in parts and seemingly 0 plot; yet, still able to connect to most of the characters
AFI's top 100 is nice...but a bit short-ranged.

As of right now, I've seen 70 of the movies on this list.