Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Movie Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Movie Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8049)

Re: The Movie Thread - copulatingduck - 08-17-2010

i was the only person at my theater that laughed when she got punched in the face

i laughed REALLY loudly

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 08-17-2010

Scott Pilgrim did REALLY bad in the box office. I need to see it a second time before they yank it off the screen.

Re: The Movie Thread - KorJax - 08-17-2010

Ughhhhhhh I fucking hate my roomates

"Uhhh were not seeing scott pilgrim tonight even though this is what we planned because no one wants to see it tonight but instead wants to watch it tomorrow k"

So much for bargain tuesdays, the whole fucking point we all delayed watching it till now. And sounds exactly like what they said when we were going to see it opening day

I'm beginning to think I am the only person in their 20's who has a single shred of reliability

Re: The Movie Thread - copulatingduck - 08-17-2010

Scott Pilgrim is fucking awesome if you're a mega game nerd, and the humor was fantastic. Not sure if it would really lend itself well to a 2nd viewing though since half the fun was picking up on all the sublt and not-so-subtle references

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 08-17-2010

(08-17-2010, 08:51 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Ughhhhhhh I fucking hate my roomates

"Uhhh were not seeing scott pilgrim tonight even though this is what we planned because no one wants to see it tonight but instead wants to watch it tomorrow k"

So much for bargain tuesdays, the whole fucking point we all delayed watching it till now. And sounds exactly like what they said when we were going to see it opening day

I'm beginning to think I am the only person in their 20's who has a single shred of reliability
i think you really need to find other people to see movies with, these people always flake on you it seems like

Re: The Movie Thread - Turtle - 08-18-2010

Due Date - Official Trailer [HD]

eh... looks ok.

Re: The Movie Thread - KorJax - 08-18-2010

(08-17-2010, 11:55 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=KorJax link=topic=947.msg169748#msg169748 date=1282096283]
Ughhhhhhh I fucking hate my roomates

i think you really need to find other people to see movies with, these people always flake on you it seems like
[/quote]

I wish. Everyone around here is like this. The above was happening because of my roomate, and his friends flaking out and being completely unreliable. Other scenarios have the same general theme with other people who are also in the same age group.

Like I said, I think I'm the only one in my general age group who values being responsible with how reliable they are as a person  :-\

Good new is that we are seeing it tonight at 8p no matter what according to roomate. If not, fuck em, I'll see it on my own

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 08-18-2010

just leave to see it at 8 no matter what and ask him if he wants to go, if he's not there, send him a text saying if he wants to see it meet you at the theater or w/e

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 08-18-2010

Rifftrax Live tomorrow, I anticipate watching it.  ;D

Re: The Movie Thread - KorJax - 08-19-2010

Finally saw scott pilgrim last night, was good

Seinfeld reference made the movie for me lol

Re: The Movie Thread - at0m - 08-19-2010

Official Vampires Suck Trailer

Saw this last night, haven't laughed that much in an empty theater in a long, long, time.

Re: The Movie Thread - Maxon - 08-19-2010

I'm not gonna see Vampires Suck in theater, but I hope it's more Scary Movie than like...Date movie or Disaster Movie lol I'll grab it on rental for kicks, since anything parodying Twilight is a good thing.

And I'm hoping Scott Pilgrim stays in the theater for another week, maybe two.  I have a free movie ticket, but they don't let you see new movies.  But with Scott Pilgrim bombing hardcore, it could be taken down fast.  Not sure what else I'd want to see.  Inception is there still, but I have not been excited for that movie, even with all the hype around it now.  Even less now.  It just never really looked that exciting to see in the theater.  Probably wait for a rental on that.

Re: The Movie Thread - Squishy3 - 08-19-2010

i think scott pilgrim's numbers will be much better this week last week it had to deal with people going to see the expendables and boyfriends/husbands being dragged by their girlfriend/wife to see the new Julia Roberts movie

Re: The Movie Thread - KarthXLR - 08-19-2010

(08-19-2010, 12:03 PM)at0m link Wrote: Official Vampires Suck Trailer

Saw this last night, haven't laughed that much in an empty theater in a long, long, time.
....seriously?

I mean, seriously? Please tell me you're trolling.

Re: The Movie Thread - Luinbariel - 08-19-2010

(08-19-2010, 05:22 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=947.msg170016#msg170016 date=1282237401]

....seriously?

[/quote]

Hey Karth, your movie snob is showing.

Re: The Movie Thread - beep beep diglett - 08-19-2010

(08-19-2010, 05:29 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg170083#msg170083 date=1282256524]
[quote author=at0m link=topic=947.msg170016#msg170016 date=1282237401]

....seriously?

[/quote]

[/quote]

i think a internet band aid is in order

(08-19-2010, 05:29 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg170083#msg170083 date=1282256524]

....seriously?

[/quote]

[/quote]
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/vampires_suck/

It's made by the douchebags who were responsible for all the crappy "movie" movies like Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie, and Date Movie.

Sorry if I'm acting snobbish, but I find it kind of hard to imagine ANYONE enjoying this crap.

Re: The Movie Thread - Luinbariel - 08-19-2010

(08-19-2010, 05:37 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=947.msg170084#msg170084 date=1282256993]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg170083#msg170083 date=1282256524]

....seriously?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's made by the douchebags who were responsible for all the crappy "movie" movies like Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie, and Date Movie.

Sorry if I'm acting snobbish, but I find it kind of hard to imagine ANYONE enjoying this crap.
[/quote]

I kind of think you're missing the point of those movies... They are not supposed to be good. They are supposed to make fun of the movies they are titled after and be funny for the jokes they make that rely on such popularity. They are not supposed to be award winning pieces of cinema.

Sometimes I wish people could just go to the movies to enjoy and laugh at themselves.

(08-19-2010, 05:39 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg170092#msg170092 date=1282257454]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=947.msg170084#msg170084 date=1282256993]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=947.msg170083#msg170083 date=1282256524]

....seriously?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I kind of think you're missing the point of those movies... They are not supposed to be good. They are supposed to make fun of the movies they are titled after and be funny for the jokes they make that rely on such popularity. They are not supposed to be award winning pieces of cinema.

Sometimes I wish people could just go to the movies to enjoy and laugh at themselves.
[/quote]
You honestly think I went there for story? All it is is pop culture jokes and groin shots! When I go into a comedy movie, I EXPECT it to make me laugh, whether it's so bad it's good or just plain funny. But these movies aren't JUST not funny, they're a step beyond that. For god's sake, this movie isn't even as good as the movie it's parodying, freaking Twilight!

I know I don't have a great way of saying typing things, but this is similar to how I feel about these types of movies.

Re: The Movie Thread - beep beep diglett - 08-19-2010

humor is incredibly subjective, you should know that karth