Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Make it stop?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - I\'d rather have challenges based on twitch reflexes, timing and creative solutions
77.27%
17 77.27%
No - You are obviously a pussy you should have taken the gun from the guy at anally raped him with it
22.73%
5 22.73%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who's sick of games doing cheap stuff to be "challenging"
Blues
BRB, Posting

03-01-2009, 06:28 PM

(02-28-2009, 12:21 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Radio Raheem link=topic=2414.msg69286#msg69286 date=1235840893]
stop playing first person shooters for single player? 90% of them are just tacked on at the end.

Seriously?  I only play FPS for single player.  If I want multi I go to TF2.  Games that try to do both fit the whole "jack of all trades master of none"
[/quote]
That was his whole point. Most FPSs were meant to be multiplayer and the single player is just "generic fps story here"

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

03-01-2009, 07:42 PM

How about we make this thread "Games that don't suffer from this shit".  I nominate Boiling Point: Road to Hell.  Think Far Cry 2, but actually good.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

03-01-2009, 08:07 PM

KOTOR

no fucking about

heres the storyline, heres some sidequests if you give a shit, oh, also your team mates have iduvidual stories and you can change who they are, but only if u want. dont look at me... find the starforge dickweed.

aweosme.

Elderscrolls 3 morrowind (still the best game ever)

Duck, Duck, Goose

03-01-2009, 08:49 PM

POKEMANS
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

03-02-2009, 01:16 AM

I really agree with both Surf and Zargon.  I cannot stand games that are on the whole generally easy, no penalties, etc.  But then just dump you into a situation that has no reason to exist based on what the game has been so far.  It's like you're running through beating up random enemies, no worries and then you turn the corner into a conveniently placed Atomic mine field.  And the mines destroy the world if you touch one.  And they're invisible.  And there's only one right path.  And the path is random every reload.  And sometimes there is no path just for kicks.  It's just poor design.  Or they throw you into a situatiion with thugs with tons of life, and oh yeah, they're mostly resistant to every weapon you can get to that point (Halo series, I'm looking at you), and if they get anywhere near you, you get killed in one hit.  It's just lazy, lazy design covered up with pointlessly difficult tasks that serve no real purpose and rely mostly on luck or long periods of just whittling away at the enemies.

Oh, and

(03-01-2009, 08:07 PM)Dave link Wrote: KOTOR

no fucking about

heres the storyline, heres some sidequests if you give a shit, oh, also your team mates have iduvidual stories and you can change who they are, but only if u want. dont look at me... find the starforge dickweed.

aweosme.

FUCKING THIS.  I love RPGs where you get limited resources and simply need to make a good combination to succeed.  Then it's all about you not fucking up and actually choosing the right stuff for the right situation and managing range.

*edit*

That being said, Ghosts and Goblins is just fucking unfair D:

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009, 01:22 AM by [fr31ns]Karrde.)
Blues
BRB, Posting

03-02-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=2414.msg69517#msg69517 date=1235974572]
FUCKING THIS.  I love RPGs where you get limited resources and simply need to make a good combination to succeed.  Then it's all about you not fucking up and actually choosing the right stuff for the right situation and managing range.

Chrono Cross, anyone? I mean, it's been like 10 years since I played it, but all I remember is that I got into a temple of dragons or some shit, and I saved at a part where you couldn't go back before fighting the first one. I don't remember the combat system or how the skills/magic worked at all except that you could only allocate them a certain way or something like that, and the ones I had left me fucked over to the point where I literally had to restart the game (this is back before I had learned about multisaving in RPGs, Chrono Cross was like the second one I ever played).

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]