Hello There, Guest! Register

DayZ mod for ARMA2
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

07-21-2012, 05:51 PM

I'm dling Arma right now. Should be up and running tonight sometime.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

07-21-2012, 07:43 PM

I'd love to play with you guys. Unfortunately I'm stuck closing at work Sunday, perhaps another time.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-21-2012, 08:34 PM

Me and Vera had a nice run till we ended up running into a loner who killed Vera, but luckily I killed him, so at least one of us survived to loot the body.  One thing to remember, don't give someone a map directly through their backpack, it might disappear :C

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-21-2012, 08:34 PM

(07-21-2012, 05:51 PM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: [quote author=commish link=topic=6340.msg250292#msg250292 date=1342905891]
So can we get 5-6+ of us going on a group on sunday night say 8:00 CST?

I'm game. Make sure to message me on Steam.
[/quote]

I say for any one that want's to do this we should make our way's to Here before 8 CST

That way we don't have to wait for anyone to get to us.

I think the server should be decided on that evening and be posted here so everyone know's it.

I just died so I'll have to stock up a little before I make my way there.

Happy Hunting

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-21-2012, 08:36 PM

(07-21-2012, 08:34 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Me and Vera had a nice run till we ended up running into a loner who killed Vera, but luckily I killed him, so at least one of us survived to loot the body.  One thing to remember, don't give someone a map directly through their backpack, it might disappear :C

At least that guy had another on him.

Also make sure when you're looting a body to loot the backpack and the body by using the scroll wheel to select gear.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-21-2012, 09:00 PM

Yeah the game has abit of a learning curve trying to figure out how you do everything.  It's kinda clunky at first, but you start to get use to it.  Still don't know how to just switch to a flashlight though if you have a pistol equipped lol

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-21-2012, 10:50 PM

Is the time cycle on servers real time or is it sped up? It is hard as hell right now to find a server that is daylight.  Can't do crap in pitch black.

cbre88x

07-22-2012, 12:56 AM

(07-21-2012, 10:50 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Is the time cycle on servers real time or is it sped up? It is hard as hell right now to find a server that is daylight.  Can't do crap in pitch black.

Real time according to the server you are in. So if you are in a U.S. server at 8 P.M. it will be dark. Switch to a European server and it will be magically daytime again.

cbre88x

07-22-2012, 12:48 PM

I played for about 20 minutes before I left for work this morning.
Purposefully killed myself to see how much damage zombies do. Took
3 zombies a solid minute to kill me.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-22-2012, 01:26 PM

Kinda wish we could have a second character, so I could fool around for abit, since I got my current one to Little Hill for tonight, at least I hope I'm on Little Hill, my map wasn't working right lol

Elder
BRB, Posting

07-22-2012, 06:01 PM

To brbu members two friends and myself have found a car at the farm west of zelenogorck if you can find wheels scrapmetal or can carry extra jerrycans bring them and message me the only downside is that its a 2seater truck

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

07-22-2012, 06:29 PM

Can the cars be destroyed?

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-22-2012, 06:38 PM

(07-22-2012, 06:29 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: Can the cars be destroyed?

Yes

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-22-2012, 07:59 PM

I'm getting on FR 123 right now

Elder
BRB, Posting

07-22-2012, 09:36 PM

well all 3 of my people got killed by one hacker with a golden ak....

i would be angry but i got back to the barn we died in and got everything back, including some other good stuff my friends were carrying

try us 917, if you find bam, thatoneguy, moehewa or gutterballz tell them youre a friend of elder.

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-23-2012, 12:13 AM

Well despite no one showing up tonight, me and Vera had a pretty successful raid on Cherno and the nearby airstrip (Other than almost dying by getting shot by a sniper in Cherno, but we lived, so it's all good lol).  No fantastic loot, but did stock up on alot of good medical supplies.  If we do meet up with anyone, I could give my 1911 and ammo to you, since I'm using my M16A2 primarily since I have about 4 mags for it. I think our plan is to head north from where we are to greener loot pastures.

Do we want to kinda set a direction for ourselves to start heading to? Say we play separately and kinda want to make our way in the same direction? Maybe pick a main location like the NW airfield in the far corner of the map or maybe a NE towards that side of the coast? That way people can scavenge on the way, but are kinda bringing ourselves along till we want to get together.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 12:32 AM by Maxon.)
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-23-2012, 12:28 AM

(07-23-2012, 12:13 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Well despite no one showing up tonight, me and Vera had a pretty successful raid on Cherno and the nearby airstrip (Other than almost dying by getting shot by a sniper in Cherno, but we lived, so it's all good lol).  No fantastic loot, but did stock up on alot of good medical supplies.  If we do meet up with anyone, I could give my 1911 and ammo to you, since I'm using my M16A2 primarily since I have about 4 mags for it. I think our plan is to head north from where we are to greener loot pastures.

Yup fun times were had. I saw the sniper and was like o shit and I told Max to run and zigzag. Luckly he got shot someplace I could help him and keep watch. We then promptly rushed out of Cherno.

BTW we went into Cherno at 3:45 AM in the game so it was dark out. That's how we were able to get around Cherno because very few people like to play during the night.

All in all it was a fun raid and we finished up at the southern air strip west of Cherno.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-23-2012, 12:47 AM

Yeah if that sniper had shot me two seconds earlier, I would've been knocked down on the road, allowing him to pick me off, rather than knocked down on the other side of the wall.  Being behind the wall, it allowed me to get painkillers and bandaged, allowing us to make our escape.  Lucky times! This is why you have good communication in this game.  It's literally the difference between life and death.

Alright, scenario question: Lets say I get a sniper rifle, I decided to pester people, I get my sniper rifle and find the tallest building around, say like the one in Cherno with the multiple staircases.  I use a wire trap to wire up the one way up to me, which I assume completely blocks that path up or will horribly damage people should they touch it.  Can that then be removed through some means by me to get out or maybe could be removed by other people? More of a question on how the wire actually works I guess, but it was just something I was thinking about.

*EDIT*
Nevermind about where to go, I died lol Logged back in, scouted out the airstrip again, got myself an assault pack and just when I was ready to go, someone was coming and when we saw each other, we killed each other, wasn't fast enough on the draw lol Oh well, heh.

*WAT EDIT*
Okay...weird...I died, I know I did, I then went to remake my guy, but all I did was respawn where I first logged in, all my gear intact, MY body on the ground, with all my stuff, and the other guys body who didn't have much more than me.  So...not dead...but...yeah...WEIRD lol

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 03:20 PM by Maxon.)
cbre88x

07-23-2012, 04:14 PM

I might get on tonight. If so, I'll be starting from scratch.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-23-2012, 06:33 PM

Alright, scored myself an MP5SD6.  Haven't tried it yet to see how much less sound I make as I'm trying to head away from people, but I got about 4 clips for it, so I'm good and set.  Looking at the weapons list, it looses alot of effective range compared to the M16A2, but I think being quieter and attracting less zombies is a good tradeoff.  Just need to get myself a backup sniper rifle and I'll be good.

Just left the Balota airstrap that is on the southern coast and starting to make my way north, now near Kozlovka. Just gonna keep moving, hitting some small places on the way till I get to that northern most airfield with all the military stuff. Probably a pretty prime target for the savvy scavenger, but I'm gonna take the risk.