Hello There, Guest! Register

Why Bethesda sucks and Fallout 3 will suck
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

11-02-2008, 12:30 AM

Wedge had no problems on his first try :V. I got the same thing he got'd.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

11-02-2008, 08:31 AM

mine worked fine Tongue

Vandamguy

11-02-2008, 10:05 AM

(11-01-2008, 11:59 PM)TVs Luca link Wrote: Halp plz with install :<

"Failed to open dll.exe Error: Access is denied." I have no fucking idea what that means, and googles failed me.
wtf is this ?
did you get the RELOADED version , or the clone cd version ?

you get this error while installing ? or before installing , during the launcher  ?
be specific, or screenshot
Versus

11-02-2008, 10:22 AM

I *didn't* get Reloaded Smile

ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

11-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Well, as someone who despised Oblivion... I'm impressed. This game is quite good and doesn't have the things I hated from Oblivion...

They made the game a little too serious compare to the originals but that's something I can excuse...

Minigames: I'm very glad they dumped the minigames and I'm also glad that you need a minimum skill level to try harder locks/computers so that your non-combat skills actually matter...
The World: I enjoy walking through the wasteland quite a bit and the atmosphere is done quite well.

I loved the way you make your character, being born, growing up and doing the GOAT is probably the most enjoyable character creator I've ever had.
I also love the radio with all the old music.

What I don't like is the excessive gore... It seems too much... Although if I think about it, the original fallouts had that as well but it was less in your face because it was all isometric. It's way too in your face now.

The story and sidequests are quite fun.

All in all, it's a lot better than I expected and Bethesda hasn't blemished the fallout name too much. I do miss some of the little touches that they had in the old games but I think that if you look past those things you can enjoy it quite a bit.

About its 'Oblivion-ness': It's obvious it's the same engine but they polished it some more and corrected the errors that made me hate Oblivion so much:

The world is very distinct now, no more copy pasted environments.
The voice acting seems a bit better and I haven't noticed any really bad copy pasting of voices which Oblivion had so much.
Enemies now have a set level, eliminating my biggest complaint from Oblivion.
Non-combat skills are actually useful now because you can't even attempt the 'minigame' if your skill is too low.

Some things which do bother me:

The sneaking/stealing mechanism is still quite bad. you can stand next to someone and steal what you want as long as you're 'hidden'.
About caps: Tragic, The caps bothered me even more because caps in fallout 1 were the currency because they were backed by the hub, I doubt that that would go all the way to DC. (Considering that the first games were in California.

That's all for now but I'll add to this once I play more... (And yes I know this post is very incoherent...)

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-02-2008, 11:26 AM

yeah, the universe in this one is amazing.

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

11-02-2008, 02:21 PM

(11-02-2008, 10:22 AM)Versus-p- link Wrote: I *didn't* get Reloaded Smile
And before installing. Like, I get the autorun "install *grayed out* tech support" etc box. I click install, it processes a second or two, then error.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

11-02-2008, 03:31 PM

(11-02-2008, 02:21 PM)TVs Luca link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-p- link=topic=95.msg47089#msg47089 date=1225639337]
I *didn't* get Reloaded Smile
And before installing. Like, I get the autorun "install *grayed out* tech support" etc box. I click install, it processes a second or two, then error.
[/quote]

There was a post on Dtoid about the Securom making it not work if there are pirate programs like Daemon Tools installed.  That might have something to do with it.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

11-02-2008, 03:38 PM

buy the game you cheap fucks its well worth it.

Versus

11-02-2008, 04:15 PM

(11-02-2008, 03:38 PM)Dave link Wrote: its well worth it.

nope

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

11-02-2008, 04:59 PM

(11-02-2008, 04:15 PM)Versus-p- link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=95.msg47138#msg47138 date=1225658319]
its well worth it.

nope
[/quote]

fuck you cheese dick.

x
BRB, Posting

11-02-2008, 05:00 PM

(11-02-2008, 04:15 PM)Versus-p- link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=95.msg47138#msg47138 date=1225658319]
its well worth it.

nope
[/quote]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-02-2008, 07:28 PM

Just finished the end of the game and everything leading up to it is pretty awesome.  The ending itself could've been a bit better and the ending choices lead to nothing more than a different retelling of the ending story, but the game isn't about the end, rather what to do before it.  Now to play the game again and be a total douche lol

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

11-02-2008, 08:27 PM

From the fact that Maxon beat the game already and from what I have played, this game does seem sort.  I mean, I ran into the Brotherhood of Steel already?  Where is the mystery of it all

Also not a fan of how I have access to a minigun, laser pistol and flamethrower so early in the game.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

(11-02-2008, 08:27 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: From the fact that Maxon beat the game already and from what I have played, this game does seem sort.  I mean, I ran into the Brotherhood of Steel already?  Where is the mystery of it all

Also not a fan of how I have access to a minigun, laser pistol and flamethrower so early in the game.
well, they give you them in the beginning, but obviously you're not going to be able to maintain them very well until later

Eschatos

11-02-2008, 09:12 PM

Well, desire to play this game has gotten me to resume playing Fallout 2. 

Eschatos

11-02-2008, 09:42 PM

Also, I found a contest for free copies of Fallout 3 and other swag.  All you have to do is play connect the pages.  The contest ends tomorrow so don't be a dumbass.

Vandamguy

11-02-2008, 11:40 PM

Found a unique Laser gatling gun called 'Vengeance' (106 dmg) in the Deathclaw sanctuary this evenin. the sanctuary is up in the NW Corner of teh map near those satalite dishes IIRC. deathclaws will raype your face though if you try to get it at low level.

anyone found some unique melee weapons ? im gettin bored of the shiskebob
Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-02-2008, 11:53 PM

I found a powerfist and a super sledge on a super mutant brute, but that's it

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-03-2008, 12:41 AM

I've found two unique sniper rifles, one I think was called the Repeater...or something with an R and it was a three shot, but it had better damage I think.  I then combined it with another I found called Victory.  It's the better one cause it will actually knock guys on their asses on occassions and I never found another weapon to do that.

I also got a unique SMG off of a named character you meet in one of the museums.  Didn't mean to get it, but she died by the enemy, so I liberated it off her corpse lol It's an amazing gun I think.  Maxed out it did like 50 something damage and it does awesome medium to close range action.  I used it quite alot.

There's also the Lincoln Repeater you find in one of the places in DC.  I sold it to the Union, but it did 50 damage and may be an alternate to the hunting rifle I'm guessing.  No clue if it can use any other weapon to repair it.

Also there are three custom weapons other than the shishkabob when you get the schematics...There's the Rail Rifle which shoots rail spikes and makes a train toot when you do lol The Rock-It Launcher launches any junk you find and does extremely impressive damage.  I was killing Protector bots with two forks and stuff like that lol Don't know if the damage becomes any different depending on the item.  Also there's the dart gun, but I didn't try to make it till the end of the game and I never used it, but it seems to mostly just maim targets and make them slow down or go limp or something instead of chase ya.  Might be sweet against those damned Deathclaws.

So is 25 to 30+ hours short for the main game?  I mean that was just the story itself.  I still haven't explored about a half dozen or more locations that I came across in my travels and there were still missions to do.  Could probably get another 5 to 10 hours of play at least if not more if I spent the time.  And then everything would be doubled if I did another playthrough, cause being evil would unlock new missions in at least...3 or 4 other locations that I could think of if not more.  Plus I haven't found 15 of the 20 bobble heads in the game cause apparently they are tough as hell to find if I've gone nearly everywhere and haven't found more than 5 lol

Plus even though you can come across the Brotherhood maybe halfway into the game or sooner, I don't think they would be involved till much later in the game.  Doesn't make any sense to just have them randomly pop at one point when they've been in the area for a long time.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]