Hello There, Guest! Register

question for _________
matter11
BRB, Posting

09-03-2011, 10:58 PM

(09-03-2011, 06:32 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=5854.msg221302#msg221302 date=1315076706]
I consider myself a secular humanist. For tl;dr, I essentially believe and have faith in a general evolved morality present in humans. Excluding psychopaths and severely damaged personalities, I think that people can have and follow morals without the motivation of punishment or answering to a higher power such as religious dogmas like heaven and hell.
i do believed it was at0m that originally introduced me to the philosophy
[/quote]

for me it went

believing in god -> agnostic -> atheist ->secular humanist

mostly through the personal growth, thought, and watching the cosmos.

[Image: SKihE.gif]
Coelit
BRB, Posting

09-04-2011, 12:27 AM

I do not know where I stand as of now. I used to be christian a few years back but after some common sense I realized how hypocritical and controlling it was so I dropped it.

Right now I am loosely into spiritualism and such, it is very hard to filter the bullshit through what seems more.... sensible.

All I know is in the end it does not matter unless you make it matter, for now I just plan to explore and hope to gain some wisdom.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

09-04-2011, 12:29 AM

I'm Christian, suited me well so far.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-04-2011, 12:33 AM

(09-04-2011, 12:27 AM)Coelit link Wrote: I do not know where I stand as of now. I used to be christian a few years back but after some common sense I realized how hypocritical and controlling it was so I dropped it.

Right now I am loosely into spiritualism and such, it is very hard to filter the bullshit through what seems more.... sensible.

All I know is in the end it does not matter unless you make it matter, for now I just plan to explore and hope to gain some wisdom.

I found that in the whole spiritualism world there is a TON of bullshit out there. SO MUCH BULLSHIT. I guess this is true of probably every religion when you think about it, not just spiritualism; some folks will see things one way and some folks will see them another.

What's been working for me so far is just listening to my gut. If something sounds to me like it's bullshit then there's probably a reason for that. Not like you probably aren't doing these things already, but think a little about everything you come across, examine what's being said, why it's being said, how it makes you feel, etc. See where you are after that.

Maybe finding like minded people to talk to is a good step as well. I know I have a few friends who have either similar beliefs or not similar beliefs but are open to discussion about EVERYTHING to sort of try ideas out on, to discuss, to just talk and understand things with. It helps.
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

09-04-2011, 03:02 AM

(09-04-2011, 12:27 AM)Coelit link Wrote: I do not know where I stand as of now. I used to be christian a few years back but after some common sense I realized how hypocritical and controlling it was so I dropped it.

If it was hypocritical and controlling, then you were doing it wrong. True Christian people should strive to be some of the most lax religious followers in the world. The uptight ones that cast the first stone? Not even close to how it should actually be followed.

But I digress. Question for anyone: Best pokemon? All generations welcome. I vote for Bulbasaur, as he was my very first pokemon, and we went on tons of adventures. I named him "Watt," as I thought making a pun about his first part being "Bulb" was clever at the time.

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Coelit
BRB, Posting

09-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote: Merc link=topic=5854.msg221352#msg221352 date=1315123371]
[quote author=Coelit link=topic=5854.msg221342#msg221342 date=1315114055]
I do not know where I stand as of now. I used to be christian a few years back but after some common sense I realized how hypocritical and controlling it was so I dropped it.

But I digress. Question for anyone: Best pokemon? All generations welcome. I vote for Bulbasaur, as he was my very first pokemon, and we went on tons of adventures. I named him "Watt," as I thought making a pun about his first part being "Bulb" was clever at the time.
[/quote]
Honchkrow.

I like dark types.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011, 08:22 AM by Coelit.)
Neptune
Lurker

09-04-2011, 09:52 AM

(09-03-2011, 02:05 PM)matter11 link Wrote: I consider myself a secular humanist. For tl;dr, I essentially believe and have faith in a general evolved morality present in humans. Excluding psychopaths and severely damaged personalities, I think that people can have and follow morals without the motivation of punishment or answering to a higher power such as religious dogmas like heaven and hell.

Thank you for giving me words for what I am.  I always thought atheists were like anarchists.  Most anarchists just want to be the ones in charge (aka just kids that want to light shit on fire and bitch about the government). 
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

09-04-2011, 10:48 AM

If it was hypocritical and controlling, then you were doing it wrong. True Christian people should strive to be some of the most lax religious followers in the world. The uptight ones that cast the first stone? Not even close to how it should actually be followed.

[/quote]

[Image: oddish.gif]

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
matter11
BRB, Posting

09-04-2011, 01:14 PM

[/quote]

Certain families and people cling to religion as an answer instead of acceptance so it's not uncommon to take it too far. (and then there's the westboro baptists but that's another ballpark.)

also muk
[Image: pokemon_muk3.jpg]

Ash vs. Janette part 2 (english)

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011, 01:27 PM by matter11.)
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

09-04-2011, 03:33 PM

Scyther.

Or Squirtle, because everyone loved the Squirtle Squad.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
KarthXLR

09-04-2011, 03:33 PM

(09-04-2011, 01:14 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5854.msg221352#msg221352 date=1315123371]

[/quote]

Certain families and people cling to religion as an answer instead of acceptance so it's not uncommon to take it too far. (and then there's the westboro baptists but that's another ballpark.)

[/quote]
And those people are doing it wrong. You blame the player, not the game.
Luinbariel

09-04-2011, 03:58 PM

(09-04-2011, 03:33 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=5854.msg221388#msg221388 date=1315160040]
[quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5854.msg221352#msg221352 date=1315123371]

[/quote]

[/quote]
And those people are doing it wrong. You blame the player, not the game.
[/quote]

He was
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

09-04-2011, 04:08 PM

(09-04-2011, 12:29 AM)Karth link Wrote: I'm Christian, suited me well so far.

I love christianity, can't stand christians

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

09-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Now before this whole religion thing degrades into the lowest form of all arguments...

A different question. If cannabis was made legal (tobacco/alcohol legal) would you smoke it? For the non smokers out there, I already know what the current smokers would say obviously.
Huehuehue.

Now the question I actually originally wanted to ask: Will season two of MLP be as good as the first? Worse? Or better?

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-04-2011, 04:35 PM

(09-04-2011, 04:31 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: A different question. If cannabis was made legal (tobacco/alcohol legal) would you smoke it? For the non smokers out there, I already know what the current smokers would say obviously.
Huehuehue.

probably not (80%)

[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

09-04-2011, 04:37 PM

(09-04-2011, 04:31 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: Now before this whole religion thing degrades into the lowest form of all arguments...

A different question. If cannabis was made legal (tobacco/alcohol legal) would you smoke it? For the non smokers out there, I already know what the current smokers would say obviously.
Huehuehue.

Now the question I actually originally wanted to ask: Will season two of MLP be as good as the first? Worse? Or better?

I hear Big Macintosh is going to be in it more, so I'll say Ayup.

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Luinbariel

09-04-2011, 05:25 PM

(09-04-2011, 04:31 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: Now before this whole religion thing degrades into the lowest form of all arguments...

Huehuehue.

It's not the law that is personally preventing me from smoking. I hardly even really worry about that for some reason, I guess it's just so... easy to find someone who's got it that I know and to find a place to smoke if I wanted to. It's always been available to me in some way if I wanted to go and get it, I've just never chosen to.

Lately I'm wondering about it more though. If I get a bit closer to this girl from work I might, but it seems she was a fair weather friend so it might not be worth the effort. If Crystal was here, I'd be all over that. <3 I trust Crystal.

As for ponies? I DON'T EVEN KNOW I CAN'T WAIT
KarthXLR

09-04-2011, 05:54 PM

Huehuehue.
The idea of smoking (cannabis, tobacco, or otherwise) has always rubbed me the wrong way. This might be due to my pretty serious asthma attack that hit me when I was younger. Ever since then, the thought of inhaling smoke into your lungs always gave me the jitters, especially because I don't want a relapse.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

09-04-2011, 05:59 PM

(09-04-2011, 05:54 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5854.msg221406#msg221406 date=1315171890]
Now before this whole religion thing degrades into the lowest form of all arguments...

Huehuehue.
The idea of smoking (cannabis, tobacco, or otherwise) has always rubbed me the wrong way. This might be due to my pretty serious asthma attack that hit me when I was younger. Ever since then, the thought of inhaling smoke into your lungs always gave me the jitters, especially because I don't want a relapse.
[/quote]
karth doesn't do any of that pussy shit
only does the stuff you have to inject.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
matter11
BRB, Posting

09-04-2011, 07:13 PM

(09-04-2011, 05:54 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5854.msg221406#msg221406 date=1315171890]

Huehuehue.
[/quote]

If you ever have a chance try vaporizing, it's just water vapor and thc.

also faust won't be headlining season 2 and that makes me raise an eyebrow.