Hello There, Guest! Register

Dota 2
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-09-2012, 07:05 PM

see the problem here is, you have feelings when you play dota2 and you're gonna have a bad time.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
|GW|Chimp
Lurker

04-09-2012, 07:11 PM

(04-09-2012, 07:05 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: see the problem here is, you have feelings when you play dota2 and you're gonna have a bad time.

What is it about Dota 2 that turns people into assholes? 

I've played COD, MW, TF2, BF...pretty much every FPS under the sun.  I have never gotten the level of shit nor seen anyone got close to the amount of shit that I see day to day in Dota 2.  WTF is wrong with these people?
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

04-09-2012, 07:12 PM

(04-09-2012, 07:11 PM)|GW|Chimp link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5832.msg242739#msg242739 date=1334016306]
see the problem here is, you have feelings when you play dota2 and you're gonna have a bad time.

I've played COD, MW, TF2, BF...pretty much every FPS under the sun.  I have never gotten the level of shit nor seen anyone got close to the amount of shit that I see day to day in Dota 2.  WTF is wrong with these people?
[/quote]

Dota 2 is incredibly team reliant, yet small enough that you will know your team member's names.  Thus if someone fucks up, people can and will shit all over them.

zaneyard

04-09-2012, 07:14 PM

(04-09-2012, 07:11 PM)|GW|Chimp link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5832.msg242739#msg242739 date=1334016306]

[/quote]
well part of it is that you invest a certain amount of time into a game (40-60 minutes) and it gets frustrating when you have to rely on other people to carry their weight. Tf2 I can go in and commit suicide for 20 minutes straight and my team is impacted significantly less than in dota2.

solution: don't play with asshole elitist ragers.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-10-2012, 11:28 AM

(04-09-2012, 12:09 PM)Trace link Wrote: Honestly play whatever you feel like as long as the team composition isn't completely broken by your picks.  That said though it's a good idea to maybe focus on  maybe at least three heroes to be familiar with just in case different roles are needed or someone picks your top choice. I understand a lot of you guys are learning so by familiar I mean have a good idea of that heroes role and how to perform it. I certainly don't expect you guys to be pro or anything, nor do I expect you to know what every hero is capable of, since both those things take time.

TLDR: Play whatever the fuck you want, as long as you enjoy yourself and hopefully learn something I'll gladly play with any of you.

This, also sorry that you had a bad time. I usually don't care whether I win or lose as long as the team works together and we have fun. I play with some IRL friends and one of them always goes Zeus because it is the only hero that he knows. But he has gotten pretty good at him and he always picks first so the team can plan around his pick. The last game we played we lost, but still had fun and he had his best game to date. He has also never played a MOBA before.

Based on his experience I'd say just pick a hero or 2 that you like, pick first and then just have fun. Don't play with people that only want to win. And also I'd recommend you don't play carries unless you are familiar with them. They need to do too much work for the team, and that is usually the player pubs get mad at (unless I'm playing, then they always get mad at me no matter what I play).

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

04-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Hoping for phantom lancer today in test build, but it also might be brewmaster or mortred Tongue
Eschatos

04-11-2012, 05:28 PM

(04-11-2012, 02:24 PM)Trace link Wrote: Hoping for phantom lancer today in test build, but it also might be brewmaster or mortred Tongue

Or... nobody.

Trace

04-11-2012, 09:15 PM

at least they added rd  Tongue
Trace

04-15-2012, 01:01 AM

Goin from a 6 game winning streak to a 7 game losing streak is no fun. MM conspires against me  :'(
Wyrmidon
BRB, Posting

04-15-2012, 04:13 PM

So I just got an invite, and I've found out that, unsurprisingly, I am shit at this game.  Hopefully it won't take too long until I am not a 6th hero for the other team.

[Image: believebanner7.jpg]
Trace

04-16-2012, 02:18 AM

Solo queued and went 11-0 with bounty hunter  8)
|GW|Chimp
Lurker

04-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Hey guys, I mentioned this to Vandam last night but wanted to post here as well so that no one gets offended Smile.

I'm going to play on my own for a while to get better.  As I told Vandam, I don't want to be "that guy" - you know the guy that when he comes around everyone groans and goes "Oh God, not him." 

When I play using MM I get paired up with people as shitty as me, so I do well.  When I MM with you guys I end up in a higher bracket with people who know the mid and late game FAR better than I.  I learn more playing with you guys, but it's obvious I'm dragging you down and I don't want it to hit the point where people get annoyed having me around.

So, hopefully in a month or so I won't suck balls as much and can hang with you.  Big Grin
zaneyard

04-16-2012, 10:01 AM

(04-16-2012, 08:07 AM)|GW|Chimp link Wrote: Hey guys, I mentioned this to Vandam last night but wanted to post here as well so that no one gets offended Smile.

I'm going to play on my own for a while to get better.  As I told Vandam, I don't want to be "that guy" - you know the guy that when he comes around everyone groans and goes "Oh God, not him."  

When I play using MM I get paired up with people as shitty as me, so I do well.  When I MM with you guys I end up in a higher bracket with people who know the mid and late game FAR better than I.  I learn more playing with you guys, but it's obvious I'm dragging you down and I don't want it to hit the point where people get annoyed having me around.

So, hopefully in a month or so I won't suck balls as much and can hang with you.  Big Grin
I spent my entire learning phase playing with people much better than me in league of legends. It made me learn a lot quicker. no one I don't really care that you're a nooby just don't pretend that you're the best player in the world. Just mention that you don't know all the heros and if you end up playing one you're not familiar with just say hey how do i build this slut.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 10:06 AM by zaneyard.)
|GW|Chimp
Lurker

04-16-2012, 01:17 PM

(04-16-2012, 10:01 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=|GW|Chimp link=topic=5832.msg243127#msg243127 date=1334581621]
Hey guys, I mentioned this to Vandam last night but wanted to post here as well so that no one gets offended Smile.

I'm going to play on my own for a while to get better.  As I told Vandam, I don't want to be "that guy" - you know the guy that when he comes around everyone groans and goes "Oh God, not him."  

When I play using MM I get paired up with people as shitty as me, so I do well.  When I MM with you guys I end up in a higher bracket with people who know the mid and late game FAR better than I.  I learn more playing with you guys, but it's obvious I'm dragging you down and I don't want it to hit the point where people get annoyed having me around.

So, hopefully in a month or so I won't suck balls as much and can hang with you.  Big Grin
I spent my entire learning phase playing with people much better than me in league of legends. It made me learn a lot quicker. no one I don't really care that you're a nooby just don't pretend that you're the best player in the world. Just mention that you don't know all the heros and if you end up playing one you're not familiar with just say hey how do i build this slut.
[/quote]

As anyone who's played with me knows, I make no bones about my noobiness. Smile

That being said, I feel the big problem is that I get everything good out of the deal and you guys get the short end of the stick.  I learn a lot and improve, whereas my teammates get the pleasure of being stomped to shit, which is no fun for anyone.
|GW|Chimp
Lurker

04-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Let me put it this way:  I'd love to play with you guys and will gladly accept any invite.

That being said, don't feel bad in the slightest about not inviting me.  I won't hold it against you in any way, as I understand completely that it can be annoying as shit to carry someone throughout a game that takes as long as DOTA does.
zaneyard

04-16-2012, 01:21 PM

(04-16-2012, 01:17 PM)|GW|Chimp link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5832.msg243128#msg243128 date=1334588467]
[quote author=|GW|Chimp link=topic=5832.msg243127#msg243127 date=1334581621]

[/quote]

That being said, I feel the big problem is that I get everything good out of the deal and you guys get the short end of the stick.  I learn a lot and improve, whereas my teammates get the pleasure of being stomped to shit, which is no fun for anyone.
[/quote]
honestly it comes down to having a leader in the game

for some fucking reason even though there's in game voice in this game none of you fucks want to use your microphones
we used mumble for league of legends and everyone always talked. it's a team game and someone needs to lead.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

04-16-2012, 01:49 PM

*looks at the lead*

TASKMASTER LAG IS ON THE JOB AND WILL YELL AT ALL OF YOU.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-16-2012, 01:54 PM

(04-16-2012, 01:21 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=|GW|Chimp link=topic=5832.msg243131#msg243131 date=1334600220]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5832.msg243128#msg243128 date=1334588467]

[/quote]

[/quote]

for some fucking reason even though there's in game voice in this game none of you fucks want to use your microphones
we used mumble for league of legends and everyone always talked. it's a team game and someone needs to lead.
[/quote]

The headphones hurt my face because all the muscles in my face are still sore from surgery  :'(

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
zaneyard

04-16-2012, 02:04 PM

(04-16-2012, 01:54 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5832.msg243133#msg243133 date=1334600462]
[quote author=|GW|Chimp link=topic=5832.msg243131#msg243131 date=1334600220]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5832.msg243128#msg243128 date=1334588467]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The headphones hurt my face because all the muscles in my face are still sore from surgery  :'(
[/quote]
well that's an exception.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Eschatos

04-16-2012, 02:06 PM

My mic sucks but I'd be happy to order yall around via text.