Hello There, Guest! Register

League of Legends
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

11-17-2013, 03:16 AM

Not this shit again. LoL is a good game, if simpler than Dota.  That's all that needs to be said.  

Chief
BRB, Posting

11-17-2013, 05:09 AM

im glad you didnt insult everyone this time around when stats was brought into the situation

just leave it at 'to each their own'. i dont like LoL mostly because of my early beta experience and riot as a company, but im not going to just resort to harshly insulting its players (although i might have done so in the far past)

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-17-2013, 09:51 AM

(11-17-2013, 05:09 AM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: im glad you didnt insult everyone this time around when stats was brought into the situation

just leave it at 'to each their own'. i dont like LoL mostly because of my early beta experience and riot as a company, but im not going to just resort to harshly insulting its players (although i might have done so in the far past)

In either situation I consider MOBAs places where good gamers go to die.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

11-17-2013, 12:46 PM

No one was insulting anyone. This is pretty much the most mature discussion we've ever had on the forums.

(11-17-2013, 09:51 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=3397.msg273595#msg273595 date=1384682961]
im glad you didnt insult everyone this time around when stats was brought into the situation

In either situation I consider MOBAs places where good gamers go to die.
[/quote]
Not everyone is an asshole.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 12:49 PM by zaneyard.)
Kor
Crits = Skill

11-17-2013, 01:12 PM

Oh this thread again :>

(11-16-2013, 03:08 AM)spm201 link Wrote: Playing again for the first time since Season 2. Last champions I remember coming out were Xerath, Graves and Fizz, if that gives you a reference. Any major changes to the game?

They've changed much for S3(which is now officially over) and S4 preseason is eminent. Comparing S2 to what is coming is S4 is essentially a 50% overhaul. Massive changes to item progression, mastery system, runes, role definition, vision and teamplay. Honestly, after approximately 7500 games I feel the LoL experience has significantly improved; Riot is ensuring that the game remains fresh and engaging. As one the prefers to jungle/support, they're making great strides to create equality between the roles, so that when a carry shits the bed, the team doesn't collapse to snowballing.

I realize that MOBA's breed the kind of people that love misery, but I've found that working against infighting through encouragement and compassion has won more games than lost. Since they released the Honour Inititive, players have mellowed. Long and the short of it, I'd rather lose a game having another player understand why something didn't work, rather that simply telling them they should drink bleach and gtfo of the genepool. Half the people on my friends list in League are ragers turned helpful teamamtes, because the first words used we're: No worries.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Duck, Duck, Goose

11-17-2013, 01:14 PM

(11-17-2013, 01:46 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: yeah you couldn't be more wrong. The nature of league is that snowballs rarely stop rolling. Dota is so much more fun to watch and play because the game is never won until the ancient dies. I spent just as much time playing league before i switched to dota. I was competitive in league before i quit because every week riot dropped a new hero that was OP for a week until they nerfed it. I'm not even going to go into how much a piece of shit pendragon is as a dev and a person.
See, it depends who's snowballing. If the entire team is snowballing, well duh, it's a decisive victory and the other team is bad. I've had games though, where I win my lane and am 5/0 as ADC, but my team loses because all 5 guys on the other team go after me every fight. I've had games as top lane, where I lose my lane and the other guy is on his way to snowballing, but come team fights, he gets wrecked and I get caught back up (<3 Fiora). The only time snowballing is really a problem is when your jungler camps one lane and BOTH of them get fed. But that's what wards are for... The OP champs have been solved for the most part, though I always found that aspect of the game was a little meh... it's obvious some champs are classes above others and there's always the handful of skill-based champions, which get really out of hand in the right hands (ex: Syndra, Ezreal, Fizz). LoL really emphasizes match-ups and team composition though. If you aren't matching/countering the other team, you're going to have a bad time.
Kor
Crits = Skill

11-17-2013, 01:26 PM

I'll add that there is plenty of anti-snowball options. Riot has gone back and reworked the vast majority of the  abilities with zero counter-play, and continue to open champs up to counter-play. I suspect this is their prime objective for S4, so that even if someone gets huge, there is the opportunity to make them suffer.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Duck, Duck, Goose

11-17-2013, 01:51 PM

(11-17-2013, 01:26 PM)Kor link Wrote: I'll add that there is plenty of anti-snowball options. Riot has gone back and reworked the vast majority of the  abilities with zero counter-play, and continue to open champs up to counter-play. I suspect this is their prime objective for S4, so that even if someone gets huge, there is the opportunity to make them suffer.
Yeah, definitely. Riot's been doing a lot of hard work to make the game better, but I feel like most people won't notice that because the game wasn't up to their standards when they played (or they got sick of what the game was). But that's the glorious part about these MMOs (be it TF2, PS2, LoL, etc.), is that they're constantly changing. I started playing at the end of S2, and the amount of metagame changes by the end of S3 were pretty staggering. It's hard to compare the game today to what it was a year or two back. Items have been reworked, champions have been reworked, the map has been reworked, the ranked ladder has been reworked, even 3v3s have been reworked. ARAM is an actual game-mode now (with a re-roll mechanic) instead of some shitty custom where you'd get kicked for not being level 30. They reduced the price of a ton of champions for newer players to build their pools up quicker. They added incentive for communication and cooperation instead of bickering with your teammates when someone fucks up. They've brought a lot of the OP champions down to Earth. They even added a more in-depth ping function so that you don't need to type to communicate effectively with your team (quicker, less distracting from the flow of the game). Overall, I think because LoL got so popular, they had no choice but to improve it and actually listen to the criticisms and feedback of the community, which has resulted in a better game currently than ever before. That being said, I haven't really played much since the summer when they nerfed Elise... :'(
Kor
Crits = Skill

11-17-2013, 01:57 PM

(11-17-2013, 01:51 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: I haven't really played much since the summer when they nerfed Elise... :'(

Spiderbitch is fine, just no more exploiting spiderlings for risk free dives.

Duck, Duck, Goose

11-17-2013, 02:53 PM

(11-17-2013, 01:57 PM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=3397.msg273611#msg273611 date=1384714294]
I haven't really played much since the summer when they nerfed Elise... :'(

Spiderbitch is fine, just no more exploiting spiderlings for risk free dives.
[/quote]Which was extremely fun, nothing compares to her jungle ganks. :p

We should get a list of people who still play, and maybe see if we can get into Mumble for a full 5-man team. I'd be down to start playing again, my friends who I played with moved back home towards shittier Internets, and I lost interest playing alone (fuck Bronze).
Kor
Crits = Skill

11-17-2013, 07:56 PM

Dn't know how many bites you'll get but I'm around: Summoner name: Invincible Moose

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

11-17-2013, 09:10 PM

I played a lot of LoL and then I play a lot of DotA. I just like DotA better. I didn't at first but now I do.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]