Hello There, Guest! Register

Guild wars 2 hype begins... NOW
LV15GAMER
Lurker

07-14-2012, 05:34 PM

Guild Wars 2 - Eyefinity (120 inches of screen!)
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-14-2012, 07:28 PM

(07-14-2012, 05:21 PM)backfire link Wrote: If anyone wants a beta key, send me a message.
i have one as well if anyone is interested

edit: guess they just have the one datacenter in the US so it doesn't matter which server we pick they're all in the same place, which is texas

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-16-2012, 02:05 PM

http://www.arena.net/blog/whats-new-in-t...kend-event

Highlights: This brand-new map, recommended for players level 17-20, makes its debut this weekend.
“Brisban Wildlands is a remote jungle adjacent to the lands of the asura, sylvari, and humans. For decades the only inhabitants have been a few asura labs too secretive or volatile to occupy space near Rata Sum, and an ever-multiplying population of skritt. Protected by the secluded jungle, the skritt built the city of Skrittsburgh, and have attained an order of civility little seen in other areas of Tyria.
“Unfortunately, it wasn’t long before outlaws began taking advantage of Brisban’s isolated location. The Inquest, Nightmare Court, and human bandits now flood the area, preying on skritt and disrupting lab operations. Worse still, each of these groups seem to have their own dark intentions—plots that could be catastrophic if left unchecked.
“The need for heroes is so great that many sylvari have been led to the jungle on their wyld hunts. Recognizing their common goals, the Peacemakers, wyld hunt valiants, and Seraph have pooled their resources in an attempt to keep Brisban Wildlands from falling to criminals.”

Before this final Beta Weekend Event (and before Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28) we’ll delete all existing beta information. Every beta character and all information or items associated with them will be deleted. However, we will be preserving your beta account’s contact list so you can easily connect with your fellow beta gamers during Headstart Access or after launch.

During the beta weekend, we’ll test our secure Gem Store billing system in a live environment, which means you can purchase gems with your credit card or through PayPal.
As we mentioned earlier, we’re wiping all our beta data before launch—including items purchased this weekend—but we’ll keep a record of how many gems you’ve purchased during beta events. When Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28, you’ll receive those gems back on your account.

WvW isn’t just about spectacular sieges or brutal clashes between armies of players; there’s plenty for the small team or single player to do.
This beta weekend we’re introducing objectives for solo players called sentries. As you can imagine from the name, sentries are solitary NPC guards located on a capture point that are worth points if you can take them out. But be warned—sentries are no pushovers!

We’re introducing a brand-new player-versus-player map this weekend that we call “Legacy of the Foefire,” which draws some inspiration from the lore and design of the original Guild Wars. As with all PvP maps, players will battle over three capture points, but this new map includes NPC guards and team “guild lords,” powerful NPCs that are worth a lot of points… if you can manage to kill them.

backfire
Uninstalling

07-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Also equipment preview's in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYJKHjZmbLs#ws

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-16-2012, 11:37 PM

FYI if it makes you pick a new server because of the wipe we'll stick with Steamspur Mountains, so just pick that one again if it prompts you to pick a home server. I'll start a poll with possible launch servers after this weekend event.

Edit: guilds will be wiped but i'll remake it and add everyone who has posted names in this thread, if anyone has not given me their name please post it here so i can add you to guild and my friendslist (this will make it easy to make the guild in release because friendslist will transfer over to release as it is account bound, not character bound)

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Crystal Desert is the new server as Steamspur Mountains no longer exists, should be no problem with creating a character because of full population as they upgraded the capacity of each server, nor does it matter which server we're on since they're all in the same datacenter in Texas.

Posting here for anyone who ignores the steam announcement

MC Fartlett
Lurker

07-18-2012, 07:35 PM

My account name is mcfartlett.8345. Can i get an invite to the guild when this goes live?
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-18-2012, 07:36 PM

(07-18-2012, 07:35 PM)MC Fartlett link Wrote: My account name is mcfartlett.8345. Can i get an invite to the guild when this goes live?
yeah i'll add you to my friendslist because friendslist will carry over to release and make guild remaking really easy

edit: adding -perf to the target line in the exe's properties will tell you in-game FPS

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-20-2012, 02:41 PM

Need a new invite to the guild.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
backfire
Uninstalling

07-20-2012, 04:46 PM

Okay, so umm... mesmer's actually much more fun than I though it'd be. This might just end up being my main.

Surf314

07-20-2012, 06:10 PM

I need a good class to play.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Thought I had the game ready to go, but there was an update I didn't get, so I'm grabbing that now and then I'll be hopping in.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-20-2012, 08:43 PM

[Image: Fj2NE.jpg]

Mushroom head master race

Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

07-20-2012, 09:46 PM

I'm a midget necromancer this time. May not get much playtime during the beta (sad). But I'll be back by release! My account will be Coppanuva, this character is named Coobs.
backfire
Uninstalling

07-21-2012, 04:36 AM

Mesmer septer+pistol/greatsword kicks so much ass.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-21-2012, 04:53 AM

Fooled around with the plant folks abit today as a Ranger which was alright.  Kinda miss being Engineer with my turrets and rifle lol I don't think I'm gonna play a ton of this beta weekend, but I think when it releases, I'll probably go like Norn or Charr Engineer. Maybe Charr just because I've already played through the starting area of the Norn in one of the previous Betas.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
MC Fartlett
Lurker

07-21-2012, 05:25 AM

Likin dat greatsword warrior. Hundred Blades just destroys everything. Also I figured out that I can't really play classes that revolve around using the F1-4 buttons a lot. Too much micromanaging for me. Especially Engineer Sad.
Surf314

07-21-2012, 02:00 PM

SurfPi.3705 invite plz

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-21-2012, 08:48 PM

Don't think I'm going to play anymore this weekend. Just going to wait for release now. If anyone needs invited to the guild anyone who is a member can invite people.

Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

07-21-2012, 09:09 PM

[Image: bIRUw.jpg]
Haters gonna Hate.

[move][/move]