[spoiler]tali's face is fucking stupid, good job bioware[/spoiler]

Trace
Killing anything that twitches

03-09-2012, 12:33 PM

[spoiler]R.I.P. Mordin and Thane[/spoiler]:'(
Hobospartan
BRB, Posting

03-09-2012, 01:36 PM

(03-09-2012, 12:33 PM)Trace link Wrote: [spoiler]R.I.P. Mordin and Thane[/spoiler]:'(

[spoiler]Spoil warning for the guy who offs thane[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You fight the guy a few more times over the course of the game.  After the last one is a renegade interrupt.  Best one of all fuckign time.  It comes packaged with my new favorite line in the series.[/spoiler]

(04-18-2011, 10:39 PM)zaneyard link Wrote:yeah dude getting a finger in the ass is like taking a really good poop
(06-12-2012, 07:48 AM)HeK link Wrote:And people wonder why the US has the highest crime and murder rates out of any developed or first-world nation.

Total lack of metric system.
(01-27-2013, 11:14 PM)LT Crow link Wrote:This is why you keep a stocked bar.  You don't ever run out of booze.  You just might have to switch to a different drink.
(11-05-2013, 08:35 PM)rumbot link Wrote:I don't think I've ever said this, but, wow that's an amazing dress and whoever designed it should get an award.
(01-03-2014, 12:08 AM)CPT Crow link Wrote:I have bourbon on my keyboard.  It got there through my nose.
[Image: brosquadtaghobro-1.png]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

03-09-2012, 02:05 PM

(03-09-2012, 01:36 PM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: [quote author=Trace link=topic=5237.msg240685#msg240685 date=1331314407]

[spoiler]You fight the guy a few more times over the course of the game.  After the last one is a renegade interrupt.  Best one of all fuckign time.  It comes packaged with my new favorite line in the series.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]I'm not buying the game so I have no idea what you're talking about.[/spoiler]

Hobospartan
BRB, Posting

03-09-2012, 03:40 PM

(03-09-2012, 02:05 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5237.msg240688#msg240688 date=1331318218]
[quote author=Trace link=topic=5237.msg240685#msg240685 date=1331314407]

[/quote]

[spoiler]I'm not buying the game so I have no idea what you're talking about.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

:o

(04-18-2011, 10:39 PM)zaneyard link Wrote:yeah dude getting a finger in the ass is like taking a really good poop
(06-12-2012, 07:48 AM)HeK link Wrote:And people wonder why the US has the highest crime and murder rates out of any developed or first-world nation.

(01-27-2013, 11:14 PM)LT Crow link Wrote:This is why you keep a stocked bar.  You don't ever run out of booze.  You just might have to switch to a different drink.
(11-05-2013, 08:35 PM)rumbot link Wrote:I don't think I've ever said this, but, wow that's an amazing dress and whoever designed it should get an award.
(01-03-2014, 12:08 AM)CPT Crow link Wrote:I have bourbon on my keyboard.  It got there through my nose.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

03-09-2012, 04:51 PM

(03-09-2012, 02:05 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5237.msg240688#msg240688 date=1331318218]
[quote author=Trace link=topic=5237.msg240685#msg240685 date=1331314407]

[spoiler]You fight the guy a few more times over the course of the game.  After the last one is a renegade interrupt.  Best one of all fuckign time.  It comes packaged with my new favorite line in the series.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[spoiler]blasphemous!!!![/spoiler]

Saxxy
BRB, Posting

03-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Can we put [spoilers] in the thread title so that we can talk about the game without blacking out everything?  Because that is annoying as hell.

Or maybe in a few weeks?  Maybe my thoughts will be more coherent after some time passes.  Because right now I'm feeling burned out, stabbed in the back, and depressed: [spoiler]sorry if this is the epitomy of lonelynerd.txt, but its hard seeing shepard get beaten down and then die/get assimilated in to the universe or whatever bullshit that stupid reaper kid hologram was spewing out.  Is there a way to keep her alive?  Can I save the citadel?  If not, then why the fuck was I running around helping out people if they're all going to get blown to pieces?  nerd rage over :/ [/spoiler]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

03-10-2012, 04:16 PM

should just make a spoilers thread

Maxon
BRB, Posting

03-10-2012, 04:35 PM

(03-10-2012, 04:13 PM)Saxxy link Wrote: Can we put [spoilers] in the thread title so that we can talk about the game without blacking out everything?  Because that is annoying as hell.

Or maybe in a few weeks?  Maybe my thoughts will be more coherent after some time passes.  Because right now I'm feeling burned out, stabbed in the back, and depressed: [spoiler]sorry if this is the epitomy of lonelynerd.txt, but its hard seeing shepard get beaten down and then die/get assimilated in to the universe or whatever bullshit that stupid reaper kid hologram was spewing out.  Is there a way to keep her alive?  Can I save the citadel?  If not, then why the fuck was I running around helping out people if they're all going to get blown to pieces?  nerd rage over :/ [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well if you get your galactic readiness rating up to 100% through multiplayer, you get the perfect ending, which is Shepard living, but it's only a quick moment and not really worth working towards lol Also was the Citadel destroyed? I didn't see it get destroyed with the ending, though I'd hate to have to clean up that nightmare with all the bodies strewn around >_> or did you mean just saving the people that were on it when the Reapers stole it? Nothing to do to save anyone on it at the time.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I didn't mind the ending, the decision was pretty tough to choose I felt, though the only confusing thing was how did they get back onto the Normandy, why does it only show certain people coming out of the ship, and what was the Normandy even doing taking a Mass Relay at that point? That's the big thing that bugged me about the ending lol[/spoiler]

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-10-2012, 05:53 PM

(03-10-2012, 04:13 PM)Saxxy link Wrote: Can we put [spoilers] in the thread title so that we can talk about the game without blacking out everything?  Because that is annoying as hell.

Done

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

03-10-2012, 07:15 PM

(03-10-2012, 04:35 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=Saxxy link=topic=5237.msg240745#msg240745 date=1331414020]
Can we put [spoilers] in the thread title so that we can talk about the game without blacking out everything?  Because that is annoying as hell.

Well if you get your galactic readiness rating up to 100% through multiplayer, you get the perfect ending, which is Shepard living, but it's only a quick moment and not really worth working towards lol Also was the Citadel destroyed? I didn't see it get destroyed with the ending, though I'd hate to have to clean up that nightmare with all the bodies strewn around >_> or did you mean just saving the people that were on it when the Reapers stole it? Nothing to do to save anyone on it at the time.

I didn't mind the ending, the decision was pretty tough to choose I felt, though the only confusing thing was how did they get back onto the Normandy, why does it only show certain people coming out of the ship, and what was the Normandy even doing taking a Mass Relay at that point? That's the big thing that bugged me about the ending lol
[/quote]

Bioware said that the galactic readiness rating doesn't matter, you can get the best ending through only playing the single player.  My military effectiveness was pretty much maxed out, it was around 6700 and the green bar appeared to be completely filled up.  I pretty much did every side mission, although I probably didn't get the max number of points due to others choices (for example, i blew up the geth space station in ME2 which probably hurt the Geth's point value).

All the options for what to do with the Crucible seemed to imply or explicitly state that you die in the process, so I selected the middle path (fuse organics with machines).  Now that I think about it, maybe I could have survived by selecting the "destroy the reapers" option.  Except the reaper hologram said destroying the reapers will also destroy most technology, which seems to be kinda bad if you're on a space station and have lots of cybernetic implants.  I'm fairly certain selecting the middle path resulted in the Citadel breaking apart as it shoots out that green light beam (although it was 4AM by that point, so I could be mistaken).  Maybe the other two options don't blow it up...

I don't really get why the Normandy was taking a mass relay, since that implies they abandoned the fight before they knew if Shepard succeeded or not.  Leaving the fight seems really out of character for Joker and the crew.  Or maybe the Normandy is just super fast, hurr hurr

While Shepard succeeded at her goal (save the galaxy), my goal as the player has always been "keep Shepard alive".  And I failed at that Sad (saw the survival cutscene on youtube, you're right about it not worth replaying for Smile )

maybe watching billions of (simulated) people die throughout the game kinda wore me down.  Also reading the hunger games in almost the same time period as I played the game was probably a bad idea, that series is almost 1984-level depressing.

Overthinkin' video games: worst way to spend your time (feel free to quote this, and/or explain why I'm wrong/dumb)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

03-10-2012, 07:25 PM

Well I had over 4,000 EMS and around 6300 I think for TMS and as far as I know, I got every asset I could possibly get in the game, but didn't get the Shepard living ending.  I did go with the Reaper control ending myself.  I can't imagine the Reaper destruction is any different, cause the child says that if you choose the destruction of the synthetics, Shepard would die also, being that he was full of implants and stuff to bring him back to life as it practically a synthetic life form at this point.

Does it have something to do with those two choices you aren't able to pick when it comes to the Illusive Man discussion? They are there, but grayed out.  I'm doing another playthrough with NG+, so I'll see if I can't get the perfect ending this time as I'm thinking of going with the synthetic merger choice for this one.

And the ending was tough for me too.  I actually had to really think of the choice to go with, though the Reaper destruction wasn't an option, being that it would kill the Geth and I saved them in ME2 and in ME3. I went with Reaper control, cause that at least seemed to be the only one that saved the Galaxy as is, where as the middle option might've been the more "Utopian" option, it just seemed like I was forcing a change on everyone, almost like what the Reapers were doing, but instead of it leading to destruction, it would lead to peace.

I'm gonna have to browse the Bioware forums to see what exactly it takes for the perfect ending and if there is confirmation.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

03-10-2012, 09:40 PM

(03-10-2012, 07:25 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Well I had over 4,000 EMS and around 6300 I think for TMS and as far as I know, I got every asset I could possibly get in the game, but didn't get the Shepard living ending.  I did go with the Reaper control ending myself.  I can't imagine the Reaper destruction is any different, cause the child says that if you choose the destruction of the synthetics, Shepard would die also, being that he was full of implants and stuff to bring him back to life as it practically a synthetic life form at this point.

Does it have something to do with those two choices you aren't able to pick when it comes to the Illusive Man discussion? They are there, but grayed out.  I'm doing another playthrough with NG+, so I'll see if I can't get the perfect ending this time as I'm thinking of going with the synthetic merger choice for this one.

And the ending was tough for me too.  I actually had to really think of the choice to go with, though the Reaper destruction wasn't an option, being that it would kill the Geth and I saved them in ME2 and in ME3. I went with Reaper control, cause that at least seemed to be the only one that saved the Galaxy as is, where as the middle option might've been the more "Utopian" option, it just seemed like I was forcing a change on everyone, almost like what the Reapers were doing, but instead of it leading to destruction, it would lead to peace.

I'm gonna have to browse the Bioware forums to see what exactly it takes for the perfect ending and if there is confirmation.

Yeah, I got the grayed out options too.  I think that just gives you the option to make the illusive man shoot himself, kinda like how you can get Saren to kill himself in ME1.

I didn't realize the Reaper destruction would kill the Geth, herp.  And they had just gotten personalities too...

I'll just pretend Bioware released a DLC that ends with femShep, Traynor, and Liara living in a big house with a white picket fence, dog, and lots of blue babies running around :3
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

03-10-2012, 10:05 PM

At least the multiplayer is fun.
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

03-11-2012, 12:18 PM

:-\

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

03-12-2012, 06:38 AM

God, the last hour or so of ME3 was just depressing.
cbre88x

03-12-2012, 01:30 PM

It it worth it to transfer your save from ME1 and 2 to this game?

Hobospartan
BRB, Posting

03-12-2012, 01:43 PM

(03-12-2012, 01:30 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: It it worth it to transfer your save from ME1 and 2 to this game?

[Image: implied-facepalm.jpg]

Saxxy
BRB, Posting

03-12-2012, 01:53 PM

seabreeze you're a funny guy
cbre88x

03-12-2012, 01:55 PM

(03-12-2012, 01:53 PM)Saxxy link Wrote: seabreeze you're a funny guy

I do my best. Should I have put a sarcasm tag in my post? Not sure hobo got the message.