Hello There, Guest! Register

heros of newerth
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

12-30-2010, 03:33 PM

(12-30-2010, 08:46 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=TheDarkChief link=topic=5265.msg189684#msg189684 date=1293438385]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5265.msg189682#msg189682 date=1293438309]
he's right though
nope.avi
[/quote]
Are you going to post a valid counter argument or just post stupid pictures? The credibility of your opinion decreases every time you make a post on the forums.

Regarding OP: les just stick with one MOBA game for now.
[/quote]
yeah league of legends is getting more fun now that i've got a runepage and i bought a champion

i'll be buying dota2 when it comes out though.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Chief
BRB, Posting

01-11-2011, 06:44 PM

http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=7DXS3Y8E
buy hon, give me ingame money by doing so
<3

If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

01-12-2011, 12:05 AM

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/leag...-game-year
Stein
BRB, Posting

01-19-2011, 03:07 PM

WOW PEOPLE DEFENDED ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

But seriously, its just so hard to use.  Its like 10x the learning curve in DotA.

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
Chief
BRB, Posting

01-19-2011, 05:31 PM

(01-19-2011, 03:07 PM)Stein link Wrote: WOW PEOPLE DEFENDED ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

But seriously, its just so hard to use.  Its like 10x the learning curve in DotA.
honestly i just played like 3 games with two friends and the rest of my team either disconnected or sucked my balls without elegance
get better by practice, practice, practice, and with friends, so they dont rage at you when you absolutely suck a donkey's dick

Whendilin
BRB, Posting

01-21-2011, 11:33 AM

l8to the party post. LoL is the casual version of DotA and HoN is the direct shinier version of DotA. You take all the characters   EVERYTHING from DotA give them a face lift and you have HoN. The reason the game looked so weird and hard is because there is no actual good way to start playing besides the way that Dark Chief said.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-21-2011, 11:37 AM

(01-21-2011, 11:33 AM)Whendilin link Wrote: l8to the party post. LoL is the casual version of DotA and HoN is the direct shinier version of DotA. You take all the characters   EVERYTHING from DotA give them a face lift and you have HoN. The reason the game looked so weird and hard is because there is no actual good way to start playing besides the way that Dark Chief said.

I think these games need an extensive practice mode :/

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

01-21-2011, 11:42 AM

(01-21-2011, 11:37 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Whendilin link=topic=5265.msg193114#msg193114 date=1295627584]
l8to the party post. LoL is the casual version of DotA and HoN is the direct shinier version of DotA. You take all the characters   EVERYTHING from DotA give them a face lift and you have HoN. The reason the game looked so weird and hard is because there is no actual good way to start playing besides the way that Dark Chief said.

I think these games need an extensive practice mode :/
[/quote]
LoL says it has one but it is basically another gameplay mode where you get to pick the teams and you can play against another team of your choosing. HoN has NOTHING WHATSOEVER because it is HARDCORE and in order to be good in that game you need to come up with the most creative profanities. And play scout. DotA2 promises a new practice mode, but I'm skeptical. Caff, do you even play these kinds of games?

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-21-2011, 11:46 AM

(01-21-2011, 11:42 AM)Whendilin link Wrote: And play scout. DotA2 promises a new practice mode, but I'm skeptical. Caff, do you even play these kinds of games?

Ive played a decent amount of DotA, mostly at LANs, what I always hated though was there is absolutely no guide, readme, or anything to figure out recipes, what hero to pick, or how to play a certain hero.

I realize you can learn some of this by playing, but when you jump in, pretty much everyone just rage quits when they realize they have someone on their team that's still learning and then you learn absolutely jack shit.

I'm thinking a practice mode with AI and some kind of buying guide, you wont master anything, but you'll at least know what to buy, how to make it, and what each character does.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Vandamguy

01-21-2011, 12:58 PM

(01-21-2011, 11:46 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: I'm thinking a practice mode with AI and some kind of buying guide, you wont master anything, but you'll at least know what to buy, how to make it, and what each character does.
LoL already has this.
You can play against bots that admitedly are very retarded. think like playing killer instinct practice mode though , you do it to practice combos.
The shop is very well laid out , split into 4 menus , with sub menus. Attack, defense, movement speed, and consumables, example attack brings you to what sort of attack paramter you want to buff like attack speed, power, ect.  then you get to a list of items that will do what you're lookin for. When you click on items if you can build that item into something it will show you what those items are at the top , and provide an upgrade tree for it.
For those with no clue at all they give you a recommended build that can only be described as average.
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

01-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Pretty much when they improve the AI this game will be completely noob friendly as well as helping more experienced players work on different combos and things. I know that before the big update to the client, you could just do a solo practice game to practice with 5 bots against you and 4 on your team. Now you need at least 2 human people to play a game to prevent IP farming which is understandable (They could just make a game mode that didn't give any IP or XP. I started out on DotA and I was in the same boat as caff. No exp just randomly chose a hero and went from there asking my friends who were playing what items to get and where to be. Eventually you get down a good strat and you figure all that out but it does take time. HoN got way overshadowed by LoL imo just because it was free in the beta if you had a code or what ever but when the actual release came out it went to all the "hardcore" players and all the randoms just switched over to LoL once they realized that everyone in HoN was either a Neckbeard (DARKCHIEF) or a duchebag. 
To many topics in one post I know. I'll edit it later.

Stein
BRB, Posting

01-28-2011, 10:20 PM

(01-21-2011, 11:46 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Whendilin link=topic=5265.msg193119#msg193119 date=1295628166]
And play scout. DotA2 promises a new practice mode, but I'm skeptical. Caff, do you even play these kinds of games?
I'm thinking a practice mode with AI and some kind of buying guide, you wont master anything, but you'll at least know what to buy, how to make it, and what each character does.
[/quote]

I remember my first HoN game, I think we lost, but we may have actually won... Anyway, people told me "wow, you played really well for your first game." I played some fire-themed caster with like two CC spells and late game, once I had caught up level wise (:p) I could stay alive just as well as everyone else Big Grin.

I guess I should try HoN more.

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

01-31-2011, 01:36 PM

(01-28-2011, 10:20 PM)Stein link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5265.msg193120#msg193120 date=1295628387]
[quote author=Whendilin link=topic=5265.msg193119#msg193119 date=1295628166]
And play scout. DotA2 promises a new practice mode, but I'm skeptical. Caff, do you even play these kinds of games?
[/quote]

I remember my first HoN game, I think we lost, but we may have actually won... Anyway, people told me "wow, you played really well for your first game." I played some fire-themed caster with like two CC spells and late game, once I had caught up level wise (:p) I could stay alive just as well as everyone else Big Grin.

[/quote]
I assume you played in beta with all of the considerate people. Now a days you have people like chief telling you off and "gtfo n00b". You don't want to play with that because nobody likes darkchief. LoL is better overall because you have MORE FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH and the community isn't as trolly (and even if they are you just have to get your whole team to report them and some action will be taken against them). =D

P.S. Nobody loves you darkchief.

zaneyard

01-31-2011, 01:43 PM

the reason no one plays hon is because it's a direct copy of dota, and dota2 is coming out soon anyway

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

01-31-2011, 01:48 PM

(01-31-2011, 01:43 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: the reason no one plays hon is because it's a direct copy of dota, and dota2 is coming out soon anyway
and because nobody likes darkchief. Dota2 should be fun though can't wait.

Chief
BRB, Posting

01-31-2011, 08:21 PM

(01-31-2011, 01:36 PM)Whendilin link Wrote: [quote author=Stein link=topic=5265.msg194203#msg194203 date=1296271232]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5265.msg193120#msg193120 date=1295628387]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I assume you played in beta with all of the considerate people. Now a days you have people like chief telling you off and "gtfo n00b". You don't want to play with that because nobody likes darkchief. LoL is better overall because you have MORE FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH and the community isn't as trolly (and even if they are you just have to get your whole team to report them and some action will be taken against them). =D

[/quote]dont be hating because im better than you bro
LoL is not better because no team effort is involved, which is why there are five players on a team, not a single carry, which is EVERY hero in LoL, so i hear

(01-31-2011, 01:48 PM)Whendilin link Wrote: and because nobody likes darkchief. Dota2 should be fun though can't wait.
but why u mad though

Whendilin
BRB, Posting

02-03-2011, 09:22 PM

(01-31-2011, 08:21 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Whendilin link=topic=5265.msg194566#msg194566 date=1296498983]
[quote author=Stein link=topic=5265.msg194203#msg194203 date=1296271232]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5265.msg193120#msg193120 date=1295628387]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]dont be hating because im better than you bro
LoL is not better because no team effort is involved, which is why there are five players on a team, not a single carry, which is EVERY hero in LoL, so i hear

(01-31-2011, 01:48 PM)Whendilin link Wrote: and because nobody likes darkchief. Dota2 should be fun though can't wait.
but why u mad though
[/quote]
Clearly you play with retards. You have to be good in order to carry or do anything in that game and teamwork is a HUGE part of the game. I'm probably better than you so don't even.

Chief
BRB, Posting

02-03-2011, 09:30 PM

(02-03-2011, 09:22 PM)Whendilin link Wrote: Clearly you play with retards. You have to be good in order to carry or do anything in that game and teamwork is a HUGE part of the game. I'm probably better than you so don't even.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hoooooooo.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dont know where to begin, but everything you said is basically wrong. you can probably google an argument and it will sum up what i will say but probably better, because im still too busy laughing

Whendilin
BRB, Posting

02-17-2011, 10:27 PM

Have you even tried League of Legends? Compared to HoN they are on two completely different levels. I admit that because of some of the game play things they removed in LoL, HoN is a more micro intensive game. You still have to have teamwork in LoL. You have to ward to get map awareness, you have to group up to gank people, you can't over extend or you are going to get ganked. TPing around the map however ISN'T as easy as it is in HoN. It's all a point of view thing. Why are you such a big troll? Answer me that.

zaneyard

02-17-2011, 10:32 PM

darkchief has no idea what he is talking about

lol is much more teamwork centric, dota and hon have champions that can "beastmode active" and just rape the entire team.

master yi is the closest thing to a true physical carry that lol has, and he's easily beat by cc

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE