Hello There, Guest! Register

whats your GOTY?
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-26-2010, 01:00 AM

Just Cause 2 or Mass Effect 2, followed closely by Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-26-2010, 01:04 AM

blazblue sucks. shits not even fun. That, and instead of making minor nerfs, they make big nerfs and big buffs so the tier lists are turned completely around with each consecutive update. bang, ragna and someone else who I forget was top tier? Bang's now low-tier again, rachel's back to top tier, arakune's back to top tier, etc etc. ragna's like midtier and i dont give a fuck about anyone else. bring back Guilty Gear, for christs sakes

Duck, Duck, Goose

12-26-2010, 01:33 AM

(12-25-2010, 08:00 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: black ops goty all years

but only until mw3 comes out with everything better.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

12-26-2010, 01:42 AM

(12-26-2010, 01:33 AM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=5278.msg189509#msg189509 date=1293325218]
black ops goty all years

but only until mw3 comes out with everything better.
[/quote]

hopefully it'll be better, obviously there was activision's trouble with IW :-X

honestly mw2 would be really good if they changed some things about mw2 to be a bit more like blops

Turtle
Justin Bieber

12-26-2010, 02:28 AM

New Vegas
Mass Effect 2
Just Cause 2

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

12-26-2010, 04:09 AM

@jeff: imagine f3. now imagine literally everything being improved

my goty: minecraft. game owns

@jame: blops is a bad game. worst console port and unfun balance. every single smg(except ak74u) is the same, with different mag size. ak is literally the same as commando, except slower reload. thats just shameful
Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

12-26-2010, 09:03 AM

(12-25-2010, 08:07 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Señor Pinchy link=topic=5278.msg189511#msg189511 date=1293325491]
Deadly Premonition

lol
[/quote]

Just got Deadly Premonition (mainly because I have a system to play it on again), so far in the prologue it's weird, hilarious, and fun in a good way. I'm not sure what's going on in it, but I like it.
Sponson
BRB, Posting

12-26-2010, 11:43 AM

(12-26-2010, 01:04 AM)Squishy link Wrote: blazblue sucks. shits not even fun. That, and instead of making minor nerfs, they make big nerfs and big buffs so the tier lists are turned completely around with each consecutive update. bang, ragna and someone else who I forget was top tier? Bang's now low-tier again, rachel's back to top tier, arakune's back to top tier, etc etc. ragna's like midtier and i dont give a fuck about anyone else. bring back Guilty Gear, for christs sakes

SOMEONE CAN'T IB
But seriously. Bang was retarded. "Hurr durr 3.2k off of 2a", and Rachel wallowed in her own tier. Arakune probably only sits 4th or 5th from the top, and was never really top tier, but mid-high. Also you say it like tier lists matter a lot. Last I checked Tager was hella shit and look at him wipe tournys.

Shit man, I play as Tager and I don't even complain that much.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2010, 11:59 AM by Sponson.)
Versus

12-26-2010, 01:10 PM

(12-26-2010, 04:09 AM)diglett link Wrote: @jeff: imagine f3. now imagine literally everything being improved

pretty much

(12-26-2010, 04:09 AM)diglett link Wrote: @jame: blops is a bad game. worst console port and unfun balance. every single smg(except ak74u) is the same, with different mag size. ak is literally the same as commando, except slower reload. thats just shameful

i know Sad but i still have fun with it *gets hipfire sniped from across the map by someone with rapidfire ak74u steady aim* ok nvm

PyroZombie
BRB, Posting

12-26-2010, 01:29 PM

(12-25-2010, 08:05 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: SMRPG: LotSS is gotyay
EARTHWORM JIM 2 - Well done !

[Image: zombie_che_sticker_400.jpg]

Blue Crew.....I got nothing flashy set up.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-26-2010, 01:56 PM

(12-26-2010, 11:43 AM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=5278.msg189546#msg189546 date=1293343472]
blazblue sucks. shits not even fun. That, and instead of making minor nerfs, they make big nerfs and big buffs so the tier lists are turned completely around with each consecutive update. bang, ragna and someone else who I forget was top tier? Bang's now low-tier again, rachel's back to top tier, arakune's back to top tier, etc etc. ragna's like midtier and i dont give a fuck about anyone else. bring back Guilty Gear, for christs sakes

SOMEONE CAN'T IB
But seriously. Bang was retarded. "Hurr durr 3.2k off of 2a", and Rachel wallowed in her own tier. Arakune probably only sits 4th or 5th from the top, and was never really top tier, but mid-high. Also you say it like tier lists matter a lot. Last I checked Tager was hella shit and look at him wipe tournys.

[/quote]Tier lists don't matter if the player's good enough, I agree. Except Tager was at the bottom of the tier list in CT, not CS. He's like low-mid in CS I believe. But the thing is, you don't do nerfs to a character by nerfing them entirely to where they're bottom tier. You want it to be balanced as much as possible so that the difference between top, high, mid and low is very subtle. It shouldn't be hard in a game that only has what, like 16 characters? SSF4 the differences between the tiers is hardly noticeable. Its going to be a little more noticeable once Arcade Edition is widely available. But they're doing small nerfs to some things that should be nerfed (Like Guile's meter gain when throwing sonic booms, he could just throw jab sonic booms and he recovers faster than any other character with a fireball or sonic boom, so its hard to punish him for using it.) Instant blocks have nothing to do with why I quit it. If I didn't know how to instant block I wouldn't like Guilty Gear, would I?

Also I'm not talking about the current revision of CS out on consoles. I'm talking about the new version thats in arcades now. They turned the tier list around on its ass again. Whatever, I'm not arguing this. I think Blazblue is a shitty game, but it gets eaten up anyway and unfortunately we won't see a new Guilty Gear because Blazblue makes too much money because of retarded anime lovers who don't bother to learn the game properly and just want to have fun mashing D with Noel or some shit.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-26-2010, 03:01 PM

F:NV. That is all.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Sponson
BRB, Posting

12-26-2010, 03:24 PM

I don't get your position. Now I'm not even going to bother trying to convince you to like BB or whatever, I'm just hella confused now.

Like you said, tier levels are for the most part subtle, so even CS1 Tager vs Litchi matches are still do-able without it being super skewed (unlike CT). So having Ragna go from 2nd or 3rd place to like 5th or 6th shouldn't really make that much of a difference, if anything it promotes balance, doesn't it? Saying that a hi-tier goes to a low-tier and therefore you hate the game doesn't make much sense to me.

You state that a tier list flip = bad gaem (I assume that because thats the only point you give). Now if the characters were broken so that you had a 9-1 match up (like in CT: V-13 vs Tager match ups) or a 7-3 (currently CSI Bang vs Rachel) - sure broken. But if Tager is currently 4th from the bottom and Bang hits 5th or 3rd or whatever, then the match-up becomes assumingly 5-5 ish, and thats good for balance because its not like everyone else got buffed to S-tier leaving him in the dust. Even if Rachel did get buffed up to S-tier, I doubt its CT hurp-durp God Tier and I highly doubt it'll even be as bad as a 7-3 matchup.

You state you like GG, so its not like you hate air-dashers inherently as a system anyway, but specifically BB. Even though GG had its share of terrible balance as well. (Slayer vs Slayer! Oh man, exciting! Pot was a piece of shit for a long time until he got Slidehead)

So if tier lists don't matter, and you don't hate air-dashers, but you complain about characters going to "low-tier" (quotation marks because CSII hit arcades like 2 weeks ago, so its way too early to set tiers in place), even though tiering becomes more gradiated with the patch, and you liked GG even though certain aspects of the game were just as broken - then I'm just lost as to where you're coming from.

If you were like "BB is shitty because a slew of characters are free" then sure, I'd agree - no one plays Noel and Tsubaki is a piece of shit. But it seems like you don't like the patch thats going to essentially balance these dudes out. Which is why I'm confused. It has nothing to do with BB at this point.

Edit: You can't fool me. I dug around for some data.
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct...-rankings/
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthrea...h-Up-Chart

You still have shit match-ups in SF4 too. Whats that? a 7-3 match up? SURE IS SUBTLE

Bang has two 7-3 match ups out of 16.
Honda apparently has nine 7-3's out of 38.
Nearly 4x's as many grossly uneven matchups, with a mere 2x's as big roster.
Yeah, you'd think they'd be able to balance a game where all the characters are copies of one another.

Litchi has 1 7-3 out of 16.
Bison has 2 out of 38.
Okay, 2nd place is about even in terms of grossly uneven matchups.

Hazama has zero 7-3's.
Guile has 4.
Thats like, infinitely times more grossly uneven matchups!

This is also assuming all the characters are all unique and not just copies of each other. Like Ryu/Ken/Gouki/Sagat/Sakura. The Roy & Marth syndrome from SSBM. The Brawl syndrome.
So yeah, no wonder you don't want to argue.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2010, 06:18 PM by Sponson.)
HeK
Rotartsinimda

12-26-2010, 04:38 PM

With all the arguing going on here, clearly the GOTY is All Points Bulletin.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

12-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Evil Genius. Shit is so cash.

[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

12-26-2010, 09:36 PM

(12-26-2010, 01:56 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Sponson link=topic=5278.msg189579#msg189579 date=1293381811]
[quote author=Squishy link=topic=5278.msg189546#msg189546 date=1293343472]

SOMEONE CAN'T IB

[/quote]Tier lists don't matter if the player's good enough, I agree. Except Tager was at the bottom of the tier list in CT, not CS. He's like low-mid in CS I believe. But the thing is, you don't do nerfs to a character by nerfing them entirely to where they're bottom tier. You want it to be balanced as much as possible so that the difference between top, high, mid and low is very subtle. It shouldn't be hard in a game that only has what, like 16 characters? SSF4 the differences between the tiers is hardly noticeable. Its going to be a little more noticeable once Arcade Edition is widely available. But they're doing small nerfs to some things that should be nerfed (Like Guile's meter gain when throwing sonic booms, he could just throw jab sonic booms and he recovers faster than any other character with a fireball or sonic boom, so its hard to punish him for using it.) Instant blocks have nothing to do with why I quit it. If I didn't know how to instant block I wouldn't like Guilty Gear, would I?

Also I'm not talking about the current revision of CS out on consoles. I'm talking about the new version thats in arcades now. They turned the tier list around on its ass again. Whatever, I'm not arguing this. I think Blazblue is a shitty game, but it gets eaten up anyway and unfortunately we won't see a new Guilty Gear because Blazblue makes too much money because of retarded anime lovers who don't bother to learn the game properly and just want to-BANG BANG BANG BANG!
[/quote]

This Iron Fix!

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Sponson
BRB, Posting

12-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Versus

12-27-2010, 12:53 AM

pretty sure ssfivae doesn't have a tierlist yet

plus those ssfiv 7-3's are also mostly against the same bottom 9 characters

Sponson
BRB, Posting

12-27-2010, 01:38 AM

(12-27-2010, 12:53 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: pretty sure ssfivae doesn't have a tierlist yet

plus those ssfiv 7-3's are also mostly against the same bottom 9 characters

That means those bottom 9 characters probably aren't very good. You can't have shitty characters then say "look no one plays them therefore it is a balanced game."

liquid108
Lurker

12-27-2010, 01:55 AM

(12-26-2010, 04:38 PM)HeK link Wrote: With all the arguing going on here, clearly the GOTY is All Points Bulletin.

One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.