Hello There, Guest! Register

Battlefield 3
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Here's the multiplayer teaser info of the map that will be playable at E3.

Battlefield 3: Operation Metro Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer

And the Frostbite 2 Trailer...

Battlefield 3: E3 Frostbite 2 Features Trailer

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

06-12-2011, 12:49 PM

shitted on loyal bf fans: now you got to preorder dlc to unlock weapons

EDIT: NVM I CANT EVEN BUY IT
Quote:Physical Warfare Pack is now available for pre-order exclusively at GAME and Gamestation in the UK.

edit x2: it's ok, insider tip says there will be store-exclusive packs for other countries as well in order to maintain "balance"

GG

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

06-12-2011, 12:59 PM

fuck that, almost want to cancel my preorder on amazon. done

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 01:04 PM by zaneyard.)
Duck, Duck, Goose

06-12-2011, 01:02 PM

EA fucks up once again.
copulatingduck

06-12-2011, 01:10 PM

fuckin EA. I hate the future of gaming

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

06-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Remember how we used to have to wait for games to come out to be disappointed? Now we can be disappointed months in advance! Truly, we are living in the future.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-12-2011, 01:46 PM

Eh, not a big deal.  People are acting like it's the end of the world.  A couple guns won't be available to people, that's all.  If they come out down the road for a price, yeah that'll be lame, but it's not gonna really take away from the game.

I laughed at one of the comments about EA losing a customer and said that they'll be moving onto MW3.  That's moving from what one might consider a bad thing to an even worse thing lol

copulatingduck

06-12-2011, 04:47 PM

(06-12-2011, 01:46 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Eh, not a big deal.  People are acting like it's the end of the world.  A couple guns won't be available to people, that's all.  If they come out down the road for a price, yeah that'll be lame, but it's not gonna really take away from the game.

I laughed at one of the comments about EA losing a customer and said that they'll be moving onto MW3.  That's moving from what one might consider a bad thing to an even worse thing lol

problem is it's going to be more than a couple guns, as there's more than 1 pack planned for release. I'm more bothered by the growing trend of "hey, the games aren't where the money is at, they're just there as an excuse for dozens and dozens of micro-transactions." We can argue back and forth about how bad it will really be for this particular case, but in the end, it's obvious EA has more than a little sway in the game's development (it's been alleged that they initially pitched the idea to DICE, who were very much against it, and that EA decided to go ahead and announce the content anyways, completely against the devs wishes). Maybe some people are fine with it but personally, I'd rather my games not go the way of farmville bucks. It's not like this is the first grievance I have against the BF series as of late, it's just the latest in a disappointingly burgeoning list (here's looking at you Bad Company)

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

06-12-2011, 04:55 PM

see the thing is, they were trying to compete with MW3 by advertising that they are going to do things differently and cater to the crowd that made them live, the pc crowd. but then they pull shit like this. There's a reason i don't buy cod games, cause i don't want to have to buy a new map pack every week

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

06-12-2011, 04:58 PM

(06-12-2011, 01:46 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Eh, not a big deal.  People are acting like it's the end of the world. A couple guns won't be available to people, that's all.  If they come out down the road for a price, yeah that'll be lame, but it's not gonna really take away from the game.

Actually, it kind of is a big deal. Publishers keep making it impossible for consumers to buy a whole game without paying out the ass or preordering it without a demo from some antiquated retail store. This garbage is going down a road like the popular free to play model where you get a free light base game and buy extra support, except now you also have to buy the light base game. Obviously BF3 isn't at that level, but BF4 could be. EA has been doing this to every (this really is not an exaggeration) AAA game they have published recently and it gets worse every year. Just don't preorder it and let EA know you didn't preorder it because you aren't going to get access to the full game or cancel your preorder.

Also, DICE is very against what EA is doing to their game. If their loyal fans get behind them then yes, there is something that can be done.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
copulatingduck

06-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Furthermore, not the first time this has happened. Last time, people sent a message by cancelling pre-orders and making a stink about it, and it worked. I'm not all about grabbing a pitchfork, but at least send a message to EA that you're not okay with this kind of monetization instead of being all 'meh' if this sort of thing genuinely bothers you.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
copulatingduck

06-15-2011, 03:45 PM

good to see that the uproar has at least grabbed EA's attention:

waiting for tmrw

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
copulatingduck

06-15-2011, 03:53 PM

Also, TotalBiscuit has a great video about DLC in general where he also addresses the BF3 shenanigans, for anybody interested in hearing it from another perspective

The Mailbox 14/06/11

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-15-2011, 06:00 PM

I guess this is just hard for me, being that it really is my most wanted game this year, but I guess I can see how this can continue to devolve worse and worse, so that a few years down the road, companies go to piecemeal actual content of the game through pre-orders and DLC, worse than what could be happening hear.

I'll wait to see tomorrows "clarification" for the weapon packs before I go about cancelling my pre-order, but I gotta feeling it'll be nothing more than what they said already, "Hay, these weapons won't give anyone an advantage".

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

06-15-2011, 06:17 PM

(06-15-2011, 03:53 PM)Duck link Wrote: Also, TotalBiscuit has a great video about DLC in general where he also addresses the BF3 shenanigans, for anybody interested in hearing it from another perspective

The Mailbox 14/06/11

I was watching this last night. He discusses this issue perfectly.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Kirby
Uninstalling

06-15-2011, 07:07 PM

(06-12-2011, 04:47 PM)Duck link Wrote: in a disappointingly burgeoning list (here's looking at you Bad Company)

[Image: fastdlusage.png]

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
[Image: b_350_20_FFAD41_E98100_000000_591F11.png]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]

[Image: amd.jpg]
[Image: radeon.jpg]
[Image: win7.jpg]
[Image: ubuntu.jpg]
[Image: xp.jpg]
[Image: chrome.jpg]
[Image: pyro.jpg]
copulatingduck

06-15-2011, 08:25 PM

(06-15-2011, 06:00 PM)Maxon link Wrote: I guess this is just hard for me, being that it really is my most wanted game this year, but I guess I can see how this can continue to devolve worse and worse, so that a few years down the road, companies go to piecemeal actual content of the game through pre-orders and DLC, worse than what could be happening hear.

I'll wait to see tomorrows "clarification" for the weapon packs before I go about cancelling my pre-order, but I gotta feeling it'll be nothing more than what they said already, "Hay, these weapons won't give anyone an advantage".

I'm not trying to bully anybody into canceling a pre-order or anything here. If you are legitimately excited about BF3, and the DLC details don't phase you or give you pause, by all means pick it up. I'm just trying to clarify why it's kind of a B.F.D. for some people. I will definitely cross my fingers for tomorrow though, and hope it brings some good news.

edit:

To clarify a little bit more: TotalBiscuit takes his principles very seriously. As long as I've known him, he tends not to be a middle-of-the-road kind of guy. Sometimes, it makes it incredibly hard to nod you head and follow along. Case in point: pretty recently, he put The Daily Azeroth on indefinite hiatus. Now, maybe nobody here cares about WoW, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. In a completely unexpected move, he severed all ties to the game and discontinued the series that he had been producing for years. He was and still is held in high regard by a lot of people, but his reasoning essentially boiled down to "The Developers cater too much to the casual crowd." In my opinion, it was a bunch of elitist BS, and I still can't fathom why someone would be such a big gay baby over developers catering to pasty-faced, mouthbreathing, knuckle-dragging mongoloids (pot, meet kettle).

Soooooo, my point? TB can have some pretty radical views. If they're the sort of thing you agree with, they're pretty easy to swallow, it's not hard to follow along, raise a pitchfork, and fight for a cause (I think that's how World War 2 started). But sometimes, it's pretty hard to agree with the guy. And if you're not a part of the crowd, it can be.... intimidating, I guess is the closest to what I'm looking for.

tl;dr don't get bullied by folks on the internet, but if they've got some good points to make, it never hurts to listen and reflect

wow that sounds gay

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-15-2011, 08:51 PM

Not saying I feel bullied, just acknowledging that it could lead to bad things, though I feel people are going all "End of the World" over the lack of a couple weapons, things that I bet will get released later on for free, despite their "exclusives".  Still deciding if I will or not, though I wouldn't be outright banning the game for myself.  I'd see if the boycott does anything and if not, I'll just grab the game. 

backfire
Uninstalling

06-16-2011, 05:14 AM

Which problem are we complaining about over here again? Is it the pre-order bonus or the Origin exclusivity?

Well, point is, we don't have to worry about both of them anymore.

[Image: maylb9.png]

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-16-2011, 12:37 PM

Wow, the boycott kinda worked and really fast.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefi...ayers.aspx

Before they were saying it was completely exclusive, now they are saying it's a timed-exclusive.  Welp, I'm keeping that pre-order now lol