Hello There, Guest! Register

E3 Report Cards (and other E3 stuff)
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

06-07-2011, 06:53 PM

see all the first party stuff for nintendo was talked about but what about the metric crapload of third party
why is everyone not noticing that

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

06-07-2011, 06:54 PM

This has been a painfully unexciting E3.

Edit:
(06-07-2011, 06:53 PM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: metric crapload of third party

Yeah, Nintendo can now get multiplatform games because their hardware isn't outclassed by my mom's work computer. This isn't anything amazing, it's just Nintendo trying to climb up from the abyss that was their abysmal Wii third party support, trying to reach parity with the older consoles.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM by Spore.)
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

06-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Doubt I'll get the PS3 Vita. I don't even have a 360 anymore and kinect is of no interest to me. The EA titles were pretty cool I suppose, and I'm ecstatic about Skyrim. As for Nintendo, I've been meaning to get a 3DS, and I doubt I'd pass up the new console. I better be able to use my GC controllers on it though :v
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-07-2011, 07:21 PM

The announcement of the third party games was pretty meager when you realize that most of them will have been released by the time the Wii U is out.  It's cool that it will have competitive third party support this time, but nothing made me go wow at that, actually going more "Wow, some nice game, but I'm just gonna buy it all on other things that I'm either more invested in or will be superior to that version (BF3).

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
backfire
Uninstalling

06-07-2011, 07:49 PM

(06-07-2011, 05:28 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: New Kirby games > LBP
I've been waiting for that new console Kirby game since about 2003. Air Ride and Epic Yarn do not count.

Also, turning off the 3D on the 3DS sorta destroys a good half of what the thing's about. A 3DS without 3D is just a DS with a slightly bigger top screen and gamecube-like graphics.

Juuuuuuuuuussst saayin...

Also, is the WiiU's touch screen multitouch? I seriously laugh if it isn't.

Update: Confirmed, it's not.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011, 08:32 PM by backfire.)
backfire
Uninstalling

06-07-2011, 08:21 PM

E3 2011 - Kirby Wii Trailer

freakin.... ARE YOU EVER GOING TO COME OUT??

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM by backfire.)
Chief
BRB, Posting

06-07-2011, 09:03 PM

(06-07-2011, 04:58 PM)backfire link Wrote: Worked fine without it. Again, "if you like 3D, we got it, if not, that's cool too."

I still don't get why people are saying nintendo won. They showed a new console with nothing really confirmed about it other than it's going to have a very expensive controller. Only thing that really excited me that's exclusive to something Nintendo was Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kit Icarus, but I'm not about to drop $250 on a handheld for two games (remakes of 64 games don't count).

Meanwhile, Sony shows demonstrations of some of their big titles for the PS3, then turns around and reviles their PS Vita-chamber with actual content. A new Uncharted game, Mod Nation Racer, new Little Big Planet, Streat Fighter X Teken (that's not just a port of SF4) and a diablo/gauntlet style game. This in a handheld that looks about as powerful as the PS3 and marked for the same price as a 3DS.

So remind me. How did Nintendo win again?

Edit:
oh it's darkchief... Nevermind.
so remind me. when did i ever say nintendo won?

oh wait, if you actually paid attention, the answer is technically sony, but even then no one won. e3 was filled with overpriced gimmicks sequels to everything - oh and more shooters. at least nintendo provides a variety from the everyday shooter game, or in this case, movie.

i had a whole argument written up on why the sony conference was less than stellar but i think i'd rather leave that out. to sum it up, it all looked cool but nothing spectacular, and not knowing when we'll be getting them. with nintendo, we got a whole new idea that third parties will have to think about utilizing in their third party games. with the stellar success that the wii had, its not hard to imagine that they'll provide support for the WiiU's controller to sell a lot more of their games

Chief
BRB, Posting

06-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Full screen-split screen with any game.

spoke too soon

backfire
Uninstalling

06-07-2011, 09:12 PM

(06-07-2011, 09:03 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5692.msg209385#msg209385 date=1307483912]
Worked fine without it. Again, "if you like 3D, we got it, if not, that's cool too."

I still don't get why people are saying nintendo won. They showed a new console with nothing really confirmed about it other than it's going to have a very expensive controller. Only thing that really excited me that's exclusive to something Nintendo was Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kit Icarus, but I'm not about to drop $250 on a handheld for two games (remakes of 64 games don't count).

Meanwhile, Sony shows demonstrations of some of their big titles for the PS3, then turns around and reviles their PS Vita-chamber with actual content. A new Uncharted game, Mod Nation Racer, new Little Big Planet, Streat Fighter X Teken (that's not just a port of SF4) and a diablo/gauntlet style game. This in a handheld that looks about as powerful as the PS3 and marked for the same price as a 3DS.

So remind me. How did Nintendo win again?

Edit:
oh it's darkchief... Nevermind.
i had a whole argument written up on why the sony conference was less than stellar but i think i'd rather leave that out. to sum it up, it all looked cool but nothing spectacular, and not knowing when we'll be getting them. with nintendo, we got a whole new idea that third parties will have to think about utilizing in their third party games. with the stellar success that the wii had, its not hard to imagine that they'll provide support for the WiiU's controller to sell a lot more of their games
[/quote]

This E3 was kinda lame, wanna leave it at that?