Hello There, Guest! Register

question for _________
Elder
BRB, Posting

04-19-2014, 12:22 AM

(04-18-2014, 10:30 PM)rumbot link Wrote: Russians make good rabbit dishes.  I kinda like that on occasion. like anything, tastes like chicken (dark meat).

My stepfather has had squirrel pie, given by surprise to him by his neighbor. He liked it. I'd never try it.

its like eating venison, its all just lean protein

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Chief
BRB, Posting

04-19-2014, 02:39 AM

what the hell happened in this thread
no seriously im too lazy to read it

but dont answer that question it seems like we're moving on so whatever. instead answer this:
how do you effectively motivate yourself? yeah that seems like a good question, answer that shit

rumbot
BRB, Posting

04-19-2014, 07:01 AM

Discovering what is most important to one's true self, then setting goals according to those values and carrying them out.

If you don't like what you do, if you don't value it in your soul, it will be much harder to motivate yourself to do it.
Elder
BRB, Posting

04-19-2014, 11:19 AM

take a small step make yourself a goal and schedule time to do it. Make it irritating if you dont complete it.
Have a friend help you with it.

If its practice/working out make doing it a daily/weekly routine start small.
I do something as simple as putting my unfolded laundry in my computer chair. If i want to sit down i need to fold my laundry first.

you dont need to motivate yourself a lot you just need to find a good starting point and begin down the path of your goal.

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-19-2014, 03:29 PM

So, I'm staring 3 years of college in the face right now for Computer Engineering Technology. I haven't filed the paperwork for a student loan yet, but that time is quickly approaching. I have a great relationship with the couple that runs my local ecigarette shop, and their business has been so good that they are now opening up two more shops. I found out today that they wanted me to run one of those shops.. I mentioned moving away, and when I told them where they said 'maybe we can open up a shop there!'
I mean, if that's a possibility they are seriously entertaining, I don't know what I should do..

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
Didzo
Uninstalling

04-19-2014, 07:20 PM

(04-19-2014, 02:39 AM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: what the hell happened in this thread
no seriously im too lazy to read it

but dont answer that question it seems like we're moving on so whatever. instead answer this:
how do you effectively motivate yourself? yeah that seems like a good question, answer that shit

I do things when the dread of not doing them is greater than the dread of doing them.

Big Grin

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
rumbot
BRB, Posting

04-19-2014, 09:29 PM

(04-19-2014, 07:20 PM)Didzo link Wrote: I do things when the dread of not doing them is greater than the dread of doing them.

This explains why your dinnertime is so important to you.

Harlow Wire Cloth Monkey Experiment
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-20-2014, 07:45 AM

Monkey experiments?

Monkey experiments....

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

04-20-2014, 08:46 AM

My father highly recommended Capybara. Don't remember what he compared it to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

04-25-2014, 09:11 PM

Dear Kase:

We found these out on the farm and HeK suggested asking you if you knew what animal it was from.

http://imgur.com/ThK1ie9
http://imgur.com/NATksHU
http://imgur.com/73OBQ63

Sent from a place where kittens are hugged
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

04-25-2014, 10:34 PM

(04-25-2014, 09:11 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Dear Kase:

We found these out on the farm and HeK suggested asking you if you knew what animal it was from.

http://imgur.com/ThK1ie9
http://imgur.com/NATksHU
http://imgur.com/73OBQ63

Sent from a place where kittens are hugged

Not Kase, but pretty sure it's a cat skull, here's what I found to back it up.
http://www.skullsunlimited.com/products/...-skull.htm

[move][/move]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-25-2014, 10:45 PM

definitely cat skulls, too bad they look somewhat fresh considering there's tufts of hair on them

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-05-2014, 09:55 AM

My first guess was also cat.

Source: I held a dead cat once.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

07-02-2014, 11:04 PM

Question about our friendly northernly neighbors;

Say I'm interested in becoming a Canadian citizen. Is anyone familiar with the process? To make a long story short my goal is to move westward (manifest destiny hurr durr), but Vancouver is near the top of the list so I've been thinking about the prospect more and more lately. I know I can google this information, but I prefer the brbu experience, especially since we have peeps from 'nada.

To go needlessly in depth, my ultimate goal is to get far, far away from North Dakota with a quickness.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

07-03-2014, 12:02 AM

(07-02-2014, 11:04 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: Question about our friendly northernly neighbors;

Say I'm interested in becoming a Canadian citizen. Is anyone familiar with the process? To make a long story short my goal is to move westward (manifest destiny hurr durr), but Vancouver is near the top of the list so I've been thinking about the prospect more and more lately. I know I can google this information, but I prefer the brbu experience, especially since we have peeps from 'nada.

To go needlessly in depth, my ultimate goal is to get far, far away from North Dakota with a quickness.

All you need to do is apologize for things you don't have reasons to be apologetic for, understand that while lacrosse is Canada's national sport, hockey is the lifeblood of all Canadian citizens.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

07-03-2014, 06:06 AM

Unless you seek refugee status, your best options are from either a trade skills, work or an education visa. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp
Immigration is pretty strict about criminal history. If you have ever been charged with anything as minor as a DUI, for example, can prevent you from entering the country.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014, 06:09 AM by HeK.)
Goffin
BRB, Posting

07-03-2014, 09:27 AM

Weed,  hookers and free health care.  Sign me up!

Ball punching for Teh Win!                        
[Image: bruce%20lee%20animated%20gif.gif]    

Incoming!!!
[Image: soelb3.gif]

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

07-03-2014, 11:38 AM

(07-03-2014, 06:06 AM)HeK link Wrote: Unless you seek refugee status, your best options are from either a trade skills, work or an education visa. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp
Immigration is pretty strict about criminal history. If you have ever been charged with anything as minor as a DUI, for example, can prevent you from entering the country.

I have a clean record, and my education is still underway, so it looks like I have a couple options. Thanks for the link!

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

07-03-2014, 11:41 AM

(07-02-2014, 11:04 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: Question about our friendly northernly neighbors;

I believe you have to have a job or sponsor before you can come into the country. They want some kind of proof that you're here to work and will be able to support yourself in some way.

To be honest, I don't think I'd shoot for living/working in BC right away unless you can land a really well-paying job. It's very expensive there. Like, VERY very expensive. We went to visit a friend's grandmother, and she lives in an apartment easily a quarter the size of our entire house... and she pays about the same as we do for our mortgage. It's disgusting, and not even in a good area/a good apartment. The standard of living is just uncomfortably high.

I'd try somewhere central first, one of the bigger cities somewhere along the middle of the country if at all possible. Maybe it'll be more boring at first but it'd likely be more comfortable than the alternative.

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

07-03-2014, 01:38 PM

(07-03-2014, 11:41 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I believe you have to have a job or sponsor before you can come into the country. They want some kind of proof that you're here to work and will be able to support yourself in some way.

To be honest, I don't think I'd shoot for living/working in BC right away unless you can land a really well-paying job. It's very expensive there. Like, VERY very expensive. We went to visit a friend's grandmother, and she lives in an apartment easily a quarter the size of our entire house... and she pays about the same as we do for our mortgage. It's disgusting, and not even in a good area/a good apartment. The standard of living is just uncomfortably high.

I'd try somewhere central first, one of the bigger cities somewhere along the middle of the country if at all possible. Maybe it'll be more boring at first but it'd likely be more comfortable than the alternative.

Thanks, Luin! I'm glad you both responded. I'm in no position to immigrate right now, but nonetheless I'm interested and it's certainly an option I want to explore. I really appreciate the advice. I'll likely have to wait until I finish my degree.