Otakon 2012 - July 27 - July 29
rilnac
ACEN Papparazzi

07-30-2012, 12:59 PM

No fire alarm? I am disappoint.
TOH
BRB, Posting

07-30-2012, 01:00 PM

(07-30-2012, 12:59 PM)rilnac link Wrote: No fire alarm? I am disappoint.

RoseSpirit
N00b

07-30-2012, 09:29 PM

ERMAGERD ERTAKERN

Probably the most fun I've had at a con out of the 5 I've been to, due to the awesome company. :3 No thanks to the flight over, though.

*WOOP WOOP* Incoming story alert *WOOP WOOP*

My first flight left SFO for Denver over an hour late, which meant that I missed my connection to BWI. By the time we got there they had rescheduled us on new flights, which they then changed the gates for numerous times and were then eventually cancelled.

While I was waiting for the rescheduled flight, I struck up a conversation with someone else waiting for my flight; he seemed kinda cool, nerdy, not really my type but at least someone to chat with during this obnoxious wait. He traveled a lot for work so he bought me a beer on his corporate expense account while we waited, and as we chatted he mentioned the fact that he had a fiancee but downplayed her a lot, then over the course of the conversation complimented me on my shirt (NASA ftw), glasses, and figure. I caught the obvious red flag but was like "ehhhh whatever" since at that point he seemed harmless.

Then we heard that our flight was cancelled. He offered to put us up in a nice hotel room with his airline miles if we couldn't get a flight out, "but we don't have to, like, do anything, it'd just be for sleeping". Red flag #2.

We talked to the airline and I did get a flight into Reagan airport, instead of having to wait for the next one to BWI (could have been as long as 7pm the next day); he seemed a bit disappointed that I didn't opt to wait, but I was kinda in a hurry to get to my destination. He decided to get that flight too so that we could keep each other company, even though it meant that he had to scramble for a way to get home. When we were on the plane the seat next to me was open, so he sat there instead of the economy plus or whatever seat he had because of his job.

Then he started talking about how since he travels a lot he and his fiancee sometimes have "opposite sex friends to go to". Except they don't talk about it with each other. And if he and I had actually stayed for the layover that he might have asked me to "do some things" with him.

At which point I mentally facepalmed and did my best to get myself out of the situation. I pretty much just said, "ummmm, no, that wasn't going to happen, I don't just have sex with people I met two hours ago." He actually seemed a little taken aback by this, but then apologized profusely for "assuming I was that kind of girl to have relations with people so quickly". Apparently he recognized that he was kinda trying to buy sex out of me. He then asked, "for my own ego, if we had known each other better, would you have still done it?" and I tried to spare his feelings with the inevitable "no no no no no" but I really shouldn't have because at that point I was pretty sure of his creeper-hood.

Then I actually gave him something of a lecture on going about open relationships in a healthy way; he said he would confess everything to his fiancee, and that "even if we'd gotten into the hotel room and started to do things, [he] probably would have backed out over guilt for [his] fiancee". ...Right. I tried to change the subject numerous times after that but he just kept apologizing and saying what a jerk he was and how guilty he felt about the whole thing, how he'd never done this before and how much of an asshole he must look right now, just digging himself deeper every single time. He asked for my facebook to keep in touch at one point partway though, I originally agreed but I came to my senses and rejected him once I got home.

Everything AFTER that was awesome, and at at least I have an amusing story now, but, dang.

tl;dr: if he acts like a creeper, he's a creeper.
Didzo
Uninstalling

07-30-2012, 09:40 PM

(07-30-2012, 09:29 PM)RoseSpirit link Wrote: ERMAGERD ERTAKERN

Probably the most fun I've had at a con out of the 5 I've been to, due to the awesome company. :3 No thanks to the flight over, though.

*WOOP WOOP* Incoming story alert *WOOP WOOP*

My first flight left SFO for Denver over an hour late, which meant that I missed my connection to BWI. By the time we got there they had rescheduled us on new flights, which they then changed the gates for numerous times and were then eventually cancelled.

While I was waiting for the rescheduled flight, I struck up a conversation with someone else waiting for my flight; he seemed kinda cool, nerdy, not really my type but at least someone to chat with during this obnoxious wait. He traveled a lot for work so he bought me a beer on his corporate expense account while we waited, and as we chatted he mentioned the fact that he had a fiancee but downplayed her a lot, then over the course of the conversation complimented me on my shirt (NASA ftw), glasses, and figure. I caught the obvious red flag but was like "ehhhh whatever" since at that point he seemed harmless.

Then we heard that our flight was cancelled. He offered to put us up in a nice hotel room with his airline miles if we couldn't get a flight out, "but we don't have to, like, do anything, it'd just be for sleeping". Red flag #2.

We talked to the airline and I did get a flight into Reagan airport, instead of having to wait for the next one to BWI (could have been as long as 7pm the next day); he seemed a bit disappointed that I didn't opt to wait, but I was kinda in a hurry to get to my destination. He decided to get that flight too so that we could keep each other company, even though it meant that he had to scramble for a way to get home. When we were on the plane the seat next to me was open, so he sat there instead of the economy plus or whatever seat he had because of his job.

Then he started talking about how since he travels a lot he and his fiancee sometimes have "opposite sex friends to go to". Except they don't talk about it with each other. And if he and I had actually stayed for the layover that he might have asked me to "do some things" with him.

At which point I mentally facepalmed and did my best to get myself out of the situation. I pretty much just said, "ummmm, no, that wasn't going to happen, I don't just have sex with people I met two hours ago." He actually seemed a little taken aback by this, but then apologized profusely for "assuming I was that kind of girl to have relations with people so quickly". Apparently he recognized that he was kinda trying to buy sex out of me. He then asked, "for my own ego, if we had known each other better, would you have still done it?" and I tried to spare his feelings with the inevitable "no no no no no" but I really shouldn't have because at that point I was pretty sure of his creeper-hood.

Then I actually gave him something of a lecture on going about open relationships in a healthy way; he said he would confess everything to his fiancee, and that "even if we'd gotten into the hotel room and started to do things, [he] probably would have backed out over guilt for [his] fiancee". ...Right. I tried to change the subject numerous times after that but he just kept apologizing and saying what a jerk he was and how guilty he felt about the whole thing, how he'd never done this before and how much of an asshole he must look right now, just digging himself deeper every single time. He asked for my facebook to keep in touch at one point partway though, I originally agreed but I came to my senses and rejected him once I got home.

Everything AFTER that was awesome, and at at least I have an amusing story now, but, dang.

tl;dr: if he acts like a creeper, he's a creeper.

[Image: chris_hansen.gif]

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
RoseSpirit
N00b

07-30-2012, 09:49 PM

I'm 22 so technically Chris Hansen has no jurisdiction. Still, I am amused.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

07-30-2012, 10:32 PM

This guy sounds like a real wiener.

I don't even think I could have been polite to him after hearing about the fiancee part what with all the pick up attempts.
RoseSpirit
N00b

07-31-2012, 01:55 AM

(07-30-2012, 10:32 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: This guy sounds like a real wiener.

I don't even think I could have been polite to him after hearing about the fiancee part what with all the pick up attempts.

I'm just kind of a Nice Person I guess so I have a lot of trouble blowing people off even when they deserve it. :/ I've certainly learned my lesson, though.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-31-2012, 08:32 AM

My Pics

http://www.brbuninstalling.com/gallery/i...ine-s-Pics

I hate searching through tumblr for pics of us, I know we had a good amount taken...and we cant find any of them...ever

Why does it not let you search for multiple tags at once...WHY

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

07-31-2012, 11:39 AM

(07-31-2012, 08:32 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Why does it not let you search for multiple tags at once...WHY

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
rumsfald

07-31-2012, 06:39 PM

Excellent story, Rose. Reminds me of this. (he was an older, married X-tian exemplar-templar).

Once caught, cheaters (guys and gals alike) always deny, minimize, and backtrack.
RoseSpirit
N00b

08-01-2012, 12:53 AM

Hahaha, I remember that story. I wish I'd been able to write down what he was saying so I could better remember the wtf-ness of it all, but he was practically breathing down my neck so he would have seen it.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-01-2012, 12:55 PM

Courtesy of Ianki:
[Image: ZUnEu.jpg]

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
RoseSpirit
N00b

08-01-2012, 01:26 PM

I love you guys. XDDD
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

08-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Woo! Late post!

I came in from a work trip at 11:55pm Saturday, collapsed in bed, woke up early on Saturday and threw all my stuff in the Jeep and got into Baltimore.

Caff and company found me in the main hall and I had a great time hitting the halls with all of you. I got a bunch of stops for Adventure Core. I think 40% of them began with "WHEATLY!" or "SPACE CORE!" so I got a minor kick out of that.

After all of you guys went to start masquerade practice, I hung out and found some local friends and we did some costume watching.

I met this guy in at ACEN in Chicago:

[Image: reciept01-1.jpg]

And when I saw him again, he agreed to do another pic:

[Image: adventure02.jpg]
(Special thanks to RoseSpirit for taking this pic!)

My non-BRBU friends and I went to the masquerade and snuck out for the Valve photoshoot at the worst possible time. We missed you all and missed the photoshoot. (Timing was bad, I feel bad, cone of shame).

Party was great, terrible movie was great. Let the record show that I had about 5 drinks all through the course that night and remained arguably sober throughout. I drove home Sunday and I'm still recovering. (Not from the booze)

It was great to see you all again! I hope to see you all again at the next con. 

And if there is one thing I've learned at ERMAGERACON....

[Image: adventure03.jpg]
(from MAGfest)

...it's that this core helmet is officially one hell of a Pony Magnet.
kaese

08-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Zargon and atm0m get con pics as well!

[Image: tumblr_m840a214A41qdyw99o3_1280.jpg]

ask me about mpreg
RoseSpirit
N00b

08-01-2012, 11:17 PM

(08-01-2012, 11:06 PM)Käse link Wrote: Zargon and atm0m get con pics as well!

HIT EM WITH A SPLERSH
kaese

08-01-2012, 11:46 PM

Also wat. My tumblr post with our masquerade photos just got 80 notes in about 10 minutes. Do people like this that much? lol.

http://krastak.tumblr.com/post/285337628...gmail-when

ask me about mpreg
RoseSpirit
N00b

08-01-2012, 11:57 PM

(08-01-2012, 11:46 PM)Käse link Wrote: Also wat. My tumblr post with our masquerade photos just got 80 notes in about 10 minutes. Do people like this that much? lol.

Apparently another tumblr got ahold of them somehow: http://poke-problems.tumblr.com/ XD
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-02-2012, 12:01 AM

(08-01-2012, 11:46 PM)Käse link Wrote: Also wat. My tumblr post with our masquerade photos just got 80 notes in about 10 minutes. Do people like this that much? lol.

Well officially there aren't any pictures or anything of the Masquerade, so I can totally understand why people would be all over it Tongue

[edit]SOMEONE GOT PICTURES OF THE AWARDS, WOO[/edit]

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 12:03 AM by at0m.)
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

08-02-2012, 03:09 PM

(08-01-2012, 11:17 PM)RoseSpirit link Wrote: [quote author=Käse link=topic=6086.msg251042#msg251042 date=1343880372]
Zargon and atm0m get con pics as well!

HIT EM WITH A SPLERSH
[/quote]

It's like we're invisible! Invisible, I say!

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here