Hello There, Guest! Register

DayZ mod for ARMA2
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

08-05-2012, 08:03 PM

(08-05-2012, 11:31 AM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg251288#msg251288 date=1344147103]
I'm there for a teamup.  Just at Devils Castle right now, was planning to go loot the airfield, but I can change it up if we want to go raid a city together.

Yeah we have a camp here on US 1862. I may get on here shortly and head up to you're location.
[/quote]

I couldn't find the camp. Given, it's dark and I have no compass. I am in a deer stand southeast of the camp if it is still there.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-06-2012, 12:27 PM

(08-05-2012, 08:03 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=VeraLapsa link=topic=6340.msg251306#msg251306 date=1344184308]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg251288#msg251288 date=1344147103]
I'm there for a teamup.  Just at Devils Castle right now, was planning to go loot the airfield, but I can change it up if we want to go raid a city together.

Yeah we have a camp here on US 1862. I may get on here shortly and head up to you're location.
[/quote]

I couldn't find the camp. Given, it's dark and I have no compass. I am in a deer stand southeast of the camp if it is still there.
[/quote]

Yeah If you haven't been there or have a map to plot a shift-click waypoint it's hard to find. That's why I choose that spot. I figured people wouldn't just come across it.

It's just a tent now but that tent has a bunch of stuff in it.

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-06-2012, 07:39 PM

I am so f-in pissed off right now.

Here's why:

Today I wanted to just run around in DayZ with my revolver, just pissing around, no backpack and no primary weapon only my revolver a compass and 1 food and 1 coke.

So I run off southeast from the camp and I come up on a non-loot shed and try to run around it to avoid the zeds that are on it, well 1 of them saw me and started to chase so I kept running down towards a med-farm building so I could loose him, I get in the barn and pick up an hatchet and equip it then run out of the building well there was a person just standing there so I ran up and started hitting him with the hatchet and so the zombies started to come.

They knocked me down to 5k health before I killed off the last one. While this is happening the person I was hitting apparently must have glitched and stayed in the game as a db, so I looted the body while it was standing there got the Alice pack off his back and low and behold he has a GPS and a map so I quickly grabbed them and ran off back towards the base.

Another zed started to chase me so I ran up a steep hill to give time to switch  to switch back to the revolver, he had an AKM but no ammo, so I could kill the zed, of course the game gliches and the zed gets a few hits off before i kill him.

I bandage up and make a way-point to the camp and get there no problem.

So I unloaded some of the stuff that was in the backpack into one of the tents and put the AKM in there too.

I then left to go to use the toilet and my dad told me he need to shut off the power to hook up a new outlet he added last wee to his room to the breaker box, so I come back in and relish that I now have a GPS and start to disconnect from the server via the abort and disconnect menus and I shut down my PC.

So I just started DayZ back up and logged in to the server and the damn gps, map, and Alice pack are gone from my inventory and I quickly check the tents and both have the stuff I stored in them like the AMK and the blood bags.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

asjdfhaskjghklsjadghjksdhdksljghskjdahgklasdjhgk

/rage

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Also BTW don't update to the 95660 beta patch for ARMA II. It's glitched and is giving both servers and clients problems. ;D

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

08-07-2012, 09:21 AM

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/289047915...-beginning

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.

I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” - Winston Churchill

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-07-2012, 02:23 PM

I was mixed on the idea at first, but seeing that it's going the Minecraft route, I'm alright with that.  I actually like seeing how a game is sorta taken from the ground up to release, possibly being influenced by the community as things come along.

Oh and I'll be on tonight sometime, still over at Devils Castle by the airfield.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-07-2012, 05:58 PM

(08-07-2012, 09:21 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/289047915...-beginning

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.

I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” - Winston Churchill

It's amazing what happens when someone chooses the right platform for a game.

DayZ is the only game I've played where my heart starts pounding when something going down.

backfire
Uninstalling

08-07-2012, 09:50 PM

What I'm really interested about though is how The War Z is going to compete with this now that it's going standalone. Before their main difference was "theirs is a mod, ours isn't.", so now they seem kinda doomed unless they put out a very good product or DayZ standalone is only a little better than the mod version.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-07-2012, 10:12 PM

You know, I'm not really sure.  Reading between the two, I'm guessing Day Z will be more strict realism, with War Z being abit more actiony, implementing RPG type stuff such as experience points, not too mention, the map size is apparently twice that of Day Z, so I'm guessing alot more people on the servers also.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-07-2012, 11:22 PM

I'n not too surprised to see some game company make a clone of an up and coming mod. I doubt most people that like playing DayZ will try War Z just by that fact. I love the realism that DayZ gives and can't wait for it to get even better then it already is and I'll hopefully have money to buy the alpha stand alone game.

cbre88x

08-08-2012, 01:11 AM

(08-07-2012, 11:22 PM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: I'n not too surprised to see some game company make a clone of an up and coming mod. I doubt most people that like playing DayZ will try War Z just by that fact. I love the realism that DayZ gives and can't wait for it to get even better then it already is and I'll hopefully have money to buy the alpha stand alone game.

I like the realism, but hate the glitchy mess surrounding the zombies. It's just really annoying that they have never fixed that, but they keep adding on other features instead.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-08-2012, 01:34 AM

Hopefully it's fixed in the standalone.  GTA Cop Mode zombies are pretty annoying, not too mention zombies walking through walls/doors, or how you can cheat the AI and just lose zombies by running through buildings, running diagonally up hills, or losing them in trees, which are technically good things, but something that needs to be fixed lol

Cloud_9ine
Lurker

08-08-2012, 07:44 PM

(08-08-2012, 01:34 AM)Maxon link Wrote: or how you can cheat the AI and just lose zombies by running through buildings, running diagonally up hills, or losing them in trees, which are technically good things, but something that needs to be fixed lol

I thought that was always seen as THE way to lose Zed.

Anywho, so now that DayZDB has sharable map markers as of now (http://dayzdb.com/news/new-feature-custom-markers), is there a Brbu DayZ group? If not, lets make one. Easier to know who is on and set up event nights and stuff so we can maybe all get together.
cbre88x

08-08-2012, 08:30 PM

(08-08-2012, 07:44 PM)Cloud_9ine link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg251520#msg251520 date=1344407697]
or how you can cheat the AI and just lose zombies by running through buildings, running diagonally up hills, or losing them in trees, which are technically good things, but something that needs to be fixed lol

Anywho, so now that DayZDB has sharable map markers as of now (http://dayzdb.com/news/new-feature-custom-markers), is there a Brbu DayZ group? If not, lets make one. Easier to know who is on and set up event nights and stuff so we can maybe all get together.
[/quote]

I'd like that. I've been playing lone wolf and it's getting harder and harder to manage that way. It'd be nice to have people watching my back and vice versa.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-08-2012, 09:31 PM

(08-08-2012, 07:44 PM)Cloud_9ine link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg251520#msg251520 date=1344407697]
or how you can cheat the AI and just lose zombies by running through buildings, running diagonally up hills, or losing them in trees, which are technically good things, but something that needs to be fixed lol

[/quote]

This sounds good I'll set one up.  Also http://dayzdb.com/map#set=520 pass is littlecart. This can be the BRBU map.

I've already marked where we have 2 tents set up on the left of the map beside the 9.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-08-2012, 10:07 PM

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brbudayz

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-08-2012, 11:54 PM

I just moved the base to US 1808. 1862 was acting really wonky from not being restarted in like 4 days so 1808 restarts every 12 hours and runs smooth.

Hardest part is getting hive to save my gear, because the server's lagging hard it doesn't update hive as often with your gear.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Dammit! I did a successful run of the NW airfield, got myself a PDW (Uzi), first time I've seen that in game, and an AKS74u Kobra and just outside the airfield on 1808 is a helictopter crash.  Just as start to move forward to it, server timeout.  Probably a restart, so now the chopper won't be there! So disappointing lol

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-10-2012, 06:09 AM

had first experience with dayz yesterday.  Cloud_9ine talked me through some of the basics on mumble.

I ran around like a retard.  Chopped some zombies up after reloading my hatchet.  Ran around like a retard some more.  Climbed to the roof of an industrial complex.  Got kicked from server.  The aristocrats. 

Cloud_9ine
Lurker

08-10-2012, 03:48 PM

(08-10-2012, 06:09 AM)LT Crow link Wrote: had first experience with dayz yesterday.  Cloud_9ine talked me through some of the basics on mumble.

I ran around like a retard.  Chopped some zombies up after reloading my hatchet.  Ran around like a retard some more.  Climbed to the roof of an industrial complex.  Got kicked from server.  The aristocrats. 

You are now one of us.