Hello There, Guest! Register

"Hex Walls" and supply line changes
KorJax
BRB, Posting

01-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Announcing the Community Design Meeting and adding Metagame to Planetside 2!

Thought this was a great idea. A way to have more focus on front lines without acutally shoe horning lattice lines in. Also love the supply line idea (You need to be in your territory or adjacent to it in order to get any resources), which'll make cutting people off actually pretty effective.

Only issue I have is that the neutral territory locations may seem a bit arbitrary or have no real reason why they are where they are from a terrain/base location standpoint. I'm all for improved gameplay but I hate it when said gameplay improvements are implemented only from arbitrary rules that don't actually make sense in the context of the fiction, world, or design. Ideally we have something that makes sense, both from a gameplay standpoint and from a context standpoint (i.e. this area is netural because its a no mans land in a canyon that has no possible resource or because its a patch of open water, or etc).

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

01-17-2013, 12:44 PM

Wow, someone from AT with actual thoughts XD  I personally think it's s a step in the right direction.  Though I don't think loss of resources will be enough to stop the Biofarm, which can be done with non-resource taking classes.  And it doesn't have to be arbitrary.  The devs would take the time to figure out which outposts to use as neutral territory.  Add a few cap points so 2 (not 3) empires can spawn at the neutral bases, make some minor cosmetic changes to make the outpost look run down in some way. IE resources have been exhausted/abandoned mining operation, wrecked buildings (no longer functional)  Maybe even add some more stuff between places with buildings but no cap points to create interesting conflict zones.  Abandoned Solar Array on Indar is a good example.  It's still there but no longer an outpost as it was in beta.  It's north of abandoned NS offices and is the place with the TR BFR in one of the buildings.  So I think this basic idea is very workable.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.