Hello There, Guest! Register

CS:GO Group Cosplay (for ACEN 2015)
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

05-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Someone could be a Filing Cabinet and pretend its prophunt!

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
Something Swain
Lurker

05-24-2014, 10:29 AM

I can probably manage to do this.
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

05-24-2014, 01:16 PM

(05-24-2014, 10:29 AM)Something Swain link Wrote: I can probably manage to do this.

Good man!

Tronpaul I took a look at the site you linked; I think these are airsoft guns that are meant to be high-grade, for competitions etc. I think you can probably manage cheaper even buying new (read: chinese) stuff off amazon. I'll probably grab a few this summer and try my hand at painting, will hopefully have an extra or two for people who can't be bothered.

I have to wait until the stuff gets here to render a verdict, but I feel that the separatists might get another +1. Yeah they wear balaclavas, but they're distinctive and uniquely CSGO. I think Balkans or Anarchists might be next on the chopping block as well.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

05-24-2014, 10:54 PM

There is only one (1) 1337 kr3w version that will ever matter, count, or be worth a shit in my eyes.

The classic one
[Image: 1337Krew-Sig.jpg]

If I end up going to acen next year, I don't care what you guys do, I'm doing that 1337 krew version. Because making modifications to the original glorious things is bad karma and should make you feel bad.

Case, point, and proof, BF2->BF:BC->BFBC2->BF3->BF4.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
rumbot
BRB, Posting

05-25-2014, 05:15 AM

bringing battlefield to a counterstrike discussion is like bringing sonic to a super smash brothers fight.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

05-25-2014, 09:46 AM

[Image: 51c44192a6.png]

Elder
BRB, Posting

05-25-2014, 10:37 AM

i have an AUG which i will probably use myself, and a shotgun (it looks like the saw'n off but not quite)

ill probably find some time to do a paint job on them this summer (maybe)
Aug = condemned
shotgun = kraken?

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

06-01-2014, 08:15 PM

#selfie

[Image: wl5E55O.jpg?2]

[Image: 2HZBbah.jpg?1]

Just some headgear. Each piece of headgear here is less than $5! Thoughts: Have short hair if we're doing elite crew. Still waiting on the beret to be shipped in from China so the separatist's headshot isn't ready yet (hence zoomed in)

EDIT: I just had a couple people laugh at me for that first pic for like 5 solid minutes
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 06:57 PM by Eightball.)
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

06-04-2014, 06:57 PM

Yeeeaaah. Separatists just look too fruity. That plus the whole uniform & armpatch thing, means I'm gonna axe them.

Anyone put any more thought into factions? Mainly balkans and anarchists--I'm thinking of axing the former but more seriously considering the latter.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure elite crew will win though

EDIT2: Just going to edit in the Anarchist's headshot

[Image: fTPCJRH.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014, 05:24 PM by Eightball.)
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

08-10-2014, 11:58 PM

Professionals it is. Hopefully will be posting some fuller update pics as I'll be purchasing a prop rifle, paints, and the appropriate threads.

Check your closets for: Black/grey tie, white button-down shirt, black/grey slacks, a satchelbag, aviators, OJ gloves, and black shoes. Oh, and the vest.

Shopping List (bold is what I have bought)
Eyewear: 3/5 of the models wear black aviator sunglasses. 1 of the remaining models wears wayfarers. You'll probably be fine with whatever sunglasses you have if they're neutral and don't look overly sporty. If you need links: 1 2 3

Top: White button-down shirt. If you don't have one of these, then consider updating your wardrobe. Make sure the one you bring is a good fit! In the interest of uniformity: 1

Tie: Black or grey ties, mostly skinnies. One of them has some subtle patterning, the rest are solid. 1 2 3

Vest: Toughest part. All 5 wear (pin?)striped vests which range from nearly black to a light silver/grey. I'm leaning more towards the dark. I can't find vests on the usual sites that don't have a solid back. With this resignation in mind: 1 2 3 4 5
EDIT: The Vesuvios come with matching ties. Whatever. EDIT2: The first three seem to have bluish backs. Let's just stick with 4 and 5?

Gloves: All 5 wear black gloves of ambiguous material. They appear to have knuckleplates that are subtly red in hue, but this is such a minor detail that it took me until now to notice. I'm comfortable ignoring that. Pick what you're comfortable with, but I recommend just wearing black glove liners for comfort, cost and form. 1 2 3

Pack: The bags carried by the professionals are rounded, but you can probably get away with whatever shape including what you may already have lying around, provided you avoid those with distinct and recognizable labels. 1 2

Belt: The vests obscure the belts from the front. Just wear something black and nondescript.

Pants: Grey to black slacks or work pants. You probably have something appropriate already: 1 *Multiple colors and sizes available. Take your pick.

Shoes: Black, nondescript. Dress shoes ideal, but anything that's not clearly tennis/running shoes. Hope you've got your own already. 1 2 3

Gear
I will be talking to HeK about 3d printing some knives. More on that later.

Don't make or bring a bomb. It's probably not a good idea.

For your gun, I recommend getting an airsoft gun and disabling it. Con staff frowns upon projectiles that can still fire. If you're coloring it, you should be dismantling it anyways to apply paint. No particular advice on how to do the weapon skins, other than that basic skins (eg Radiation hazard) will be easier to pull off than intricate ones (eg Vulcan). I won't bother listing every possible gun, but here are some ones for which I found some cheap airsoft junk on amazon:

Desert Eagle
Beretta 92(buy two!)
MAC-10 *Very inexpensive
MP7
Sawn-off Shotgun
AK-47
(There are airsoft awps, but they are invariably expensive)
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2014, 10:29 PM by Eightball.)
commish
Lurker

08-11-2014, 10:07 PM

(08-10-2014, 11:58 PM)Eightball link Wrote: Professionals it is. Hopefully will be posting some fuller update pics as I'll be purchasing a prop rifle, paints, and the appropriate threads.

Check your closets for: Black/grey tie, white button-down shirt, black/grey slacks, a satchelbag, aviators, OJ gloves, and black shoes. Oh, and the vest.

Shopping List (bold is what I have bought)
Eyewear: 3/5 of the models wear black aviator sunglasses. 1 of the remaining models wears wayfarers. You'll probably be fine with whatever sunglasses you have if they're neutral and don't look overly sporty. If you need links: 1 2 3

Top: White button-down shirt. If you don't have one of these, then consider updating your wardrobe. Make sure the one you bring is a good fit! In the interest of uniformity: 1

Tie: Black or grey ties, mostly skinnies. One of them has some subtle patterning, the rest are solid. 1 2 3

Vest: Toughest part. All 5 wear (pin?)striped vests which range from nearly black to a light silver/grey. I'm leaning more towards the dark. I can't find vests on the usual sites that don't have a solid back. With this resignation in mind: 1 2 3 4 5

Gloves: All 5 wear black gloves of ambiguous material. They appear to have knuckleplates that are subtly red in hue, but this is such a minor detail that it took me until now to notice. I'm comfortable ignoring that. Pick what you're comfortable with, but I recommend just wearing black glove liners for comfort, cost and form. 1 2 3

Pack: The bags carried by the professionals are rounded, but you can probably get away with whatever shape including what you may already have lying around, provided you avoid those with distinct and recognizable labels. 1 2

Belt: The vests obscure the belts from the front. Just wear something black and nondescript.

Pants: Grey to black slacks or work pants. You probably have something appropriate already: 1 *Multiple colors and sizes available. Take your pick.

Shoes: Black, nondescript. Dress shoes ideal, but anything that's not clearly tennis/running shoes. Hope you've got your own already. 1 2 3

Coming back to gear later.
I already own all that minus the vest

Geoff: i've never had a sammich like this
Geoff: its so good
Dr. Commish: that recipe is yours forever now, keep it close and impress the lady of your dreams
Geoff: YOU GODDIT DOCTAH JONES
Elder
BRB, Posting

08-11-2014, 10:12 PM

stressing this now if you plan on doing this speak up so that people like myself can go to goodwill or some such store a pick up a costume for about 5-10 bucks total.
If you cant afford it i can donate/buy extra costume material that can be harder to find for a good price.

Shoes are the only thing that i say you're on your own as they need to be worn/broken in. A moderately comfortable for you to wear while doing lots of walking.

with that in mind im going to be at goodwill sometime this week and there are 2 that are fairly close to me so i might try to find some vests that we can use at either of the stores.
For most of us the dress pants, belt, shirt, pack, should be things you already have or can borrow

9 months till acen  ;D

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Something Swain
Lurker

08-11-2014, 11:08 PM

I'm gonna need the eyewear, tie, vest, gloves, and pack. Shouldn't be too hard for me to get on my own.
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

08-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Updated OP with useful links, descriptions, participants etc.

WIP pic. Ignore the dirty laundry.

Thoughts on some of the stuff I bought: The AK is pretty damn close to the model in CS. For the ~$30 I paid, I'm very happy with its appearance. The vesuvio vest is exactly what you'd expect out of something bought for $20: It's light, thin, and probably not too durable. Except that last point, perfect for our purposes. The Dickie's workpants I linked are stiff. That's fine. They're a little smaller than advertised. Whatever. I definitely went too dark on my choice of pants and vest, hopefully some of you guys opt for grey/silver.

Will be attempting redline spray tonight/tomorrow.
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

09-15-2014, 01:05 PM

80% done, just need some more red and a layer of clear coat:

[Image: 0JhXi5b.jpg?1]

Let's get some progress pics, people!
HeK
Rotartsinimda

09-16-2014, 06:03 AM

Is that some dinoc?
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

09-16-2014, 07:34 AM

(09-16-2014, 06:03 AM)HeK link Wrote: Is that some dinoc?

Maybe it should have been. It's painters tape, silver spray paint, an exacto knife and a lot of swearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-16-2014, 01:20 PM

(09-15-2014, 01:05 PM)Eightball link Wrote: 80% done, just need some more red and a layer of clear coat:

nice

Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

09-18-2014, 11:13 AM

(09-15-2014, 01:05 PM)Eightball link Wrote: 80% done, just need some more red and a layer of clear coat:

How much did the AK set you back Eightball? I'm thinking of doing a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Cosplay and I'll need a con-legal prop for it.

[move][/move]
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

09-18-2014, 11:21 AM

Apparently I paid around $35 for this particular one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026N2...UTF8&psc=1

You can definitely find cheaper. However, I am very happy with the attention to detail this one featured.