Hello There, Guest! Register

Random Rotation Reevaluation?
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

11-20-2008, 04:01 PM

Takes fucking forever to cap points, too many small corridors, a few (not many) retarded engi spots. Basically the map's either a steamroll or a stalemate, which isn't fun at all. Also needs better Health pack spawns or Pyros just rape you silly with W+mouse 1.  Also the map's too big to play with a low amount of people, which it always is because everyone bails out when Science2 comes up.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lurker

11-20-2008, 04:02 PM

(11-20-2008, 03:44 PM)Wedge link Wrote: So is there any genuine reason people don't like it?

Yeah.

I don't like how it is dominated by scouts.

Also the second last point is too easy to cap for both teams and goes back and forth between the teams too often. The multiple entrances make it pretty much impossible to keep the point for more than 1.5 minutes, giving the attacking team too little time to capture the final point. What should be done about this: make the second last point be harder to take back, or make the final point cap a lot faster (like badlands).
ribozyme
Lurker

11-20-2008, 04:21 PM

(11-20-2008, 12:14 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=ribozyme link=topic=1811.msg50655#msg50655 date=1227199485]
Can you post a list of EVERYTHING that is on the server grouped by what is on rotation/rtv/admin only if it's not too much trouble?

I already did that in the other thread....swear to god you fuckers are too lazy to go back one page and look at the thread...

[/quote]

Sorry, thought it had changed more since you posted that list.  Could you seperate the rotation maps and RTV maps into 2 seperate lists...suppose I could do it myself since I'm the one wanting to know :Smile  Also I thought there were some maps only admins could get to (Hotel Hell for example and some others) or am I thinking of number 2?

(11-20-2008, 03:44 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Honest link=topic=1811.msg50617#msg50617 date=1227178621]
[quote author=Wedge link=topic=1811.msg50599#msg50599 date=1227159963]
Goddamn, I like almost every one of those maps.  Now if only there would be people on the server anymore =<

Also where did Science2 go? ;_;

To hell where it and Aqua belong.
[/quote]

I really don't find it funny anymore that people don't like Science2 when there's no goddamn good reason for it.  The design of the map is phenomenally dynamic (you can access the 2nd, or even 1st point without going through the 3rd), it's extremely well balanced classwise (maybe Sniper isn't that great, but Snipers are fgts), and it looks and runs excellent.  Bitching about it being "confusing" is just juvenile at this point, if you don't understand the map layout by now, you are simply mentally deficient.  So is there any genuine reason people don't like it?
[/quote]

100% agree

(11-20-2008, 04:01 PM)Honest link Wrote: Takes fucking forever to cap points, too many small corridors, a few (not many) retarded engi spots. Basically the map's either a steamroll or a stalemate, which isn't fun at all. Also needs better Health pack spawns or Pyros just rape you silly with W+mouse 1.  Also the map's too big to play with a low amount of people, which it always is because everyone bails out when Science2 comes up.

Small corridors?  Science has as good a mix of open and enclosed spaces as any map you'll find.
Either a steamroll or stalemate?  Science has some of the best back and forth around.
Too big?  The map is big, but the great layout makes it easy to get where ever you want fast.

We playin 2 different maps I think.

[Image: Pokemon_Fortress_2_by_Crystal124.jpg]
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

11-20-2008, 04:50 PM

No we're playing the same map, it just sounds like I hate it a lot more, which is ok.  My opinion's more hate filled.

Can't say I've ever had a back and forth on Science2, it's always one team gets beat senseless, lather rinse rtv. Though this actually could be the fault of people disliking it and not the map, not really gonna take points off for that when I look at it logically. Though it doesn't really have a good mix of wide and enclosed space, the only actual wide open space is on cap 2 and unless you're going around that cap or heading to cap 1 you won't really run into it. Of course we could be just defining wide open differently. So basically I hate it for the reasons you like it so...tada~ Opinions.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-20-2008, 04:58 PM

(11-20-2008, 04:21 PM)ribozyme link Wrote: Could you seperate the rotation maps and RTV maps into 2 seperate lists...suppose I could do it myself since I'm the one wanting to know :Smile  Also I thought there were some maps only admins could get to (Hotel Hell for example and some others) or am I thinking of number 2?

No, Im not separating it, and the number of admin-only maps has been cut down drastically, check the other thread to see whats left.

As for science, a map that goes back and forth on a point is a sign of a well designed map. IMO in a perfect map a team can use momentum to push all they way from their back point all the way to the enemy's last point and win. I've seen it done on Science2 and Ive seen it done on Warpath2 and Labor as well.

The most epic matches are the ones where you fight tooth and nail for over the last point or two for 20+ minutes only to win it in the last 5.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ribozyme
Lurker

11-20-2008, 05:34 PM

(11-20-2008, 04:58 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: the number of admin-only maps has been cut down drastically, check the other thread to see whats left.

not finding them. 
sorry to keep hounding you but I just want to know EVERYTHING that is on there  :3

[Image: Pokemon_Fortress_2_by_Crystal124.jpg]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-20-2008, 05:41 PM

I think it must be because too many people quit out on Science as soon as it comes up.  I've had some GREAT matches on it when people actually try to play it.  The corridorness is rubbish when the "second point" takes up 1/3 of the map and provides alternate paths to the other points.  The center point is somewhat "unique" but not really cramped.  Anyway, if one person is complaining about it being too tight and the other complaining about Scout's dominating, it's obviously not a real problem.  Also I've gotten the high score on my team as an engy, it's a wonderfully fun map to play that class on, as long as you know how to play it dynamically instead of just holing up somewhere.  And heavies own the shit out of pyros on that map, so I never found that to be a problem either.

It really doesn't matter right now, coz' nobody is going to play TF2 for awhile anyways.  Even I ditched out on TFT when it crashed for me and then someone invited me to L4D. 

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2008, 05:43 PM by Wedge.)
Vandamguy

11-20-2008, 11:38 PM

(11-20-2008, 05:41 PM)Wedge link Wrote: It really doesn't matter right now, coz' nobody is going to play TF2 for awhile anyways.  Even I ditched out on TFT when it crashed for me and then someone invited me to L4D. 
you just gave me warm fuzzies in my adult places
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

11-21-2008, 12:51 AM

Still not convinced the server is handling things correctly, but we'll see.  I'll be playing again once I've survived this exam on monday Tongue

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.