Hello There, Guest! Register

cancel fnf
Thread Closed 
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

01-17-2009, 03:08 AM

Canceling FNF and TFT is an awful idea, seeing as it's the only surefire time people will be in the server lately. I wanna blame it on L4D but now that that's (For the most part) passed, I rarely see anyone in the server. Even when someone takes the time to seed it, that doesn't last more than 2 hours at best. Maybe everyone's just bored of the game and needs some time to get back into it, I dunno.

There's no secret fix to making TFT and FNF better, not everyone has the time to play anymore, or wants to so our numbers dwindle.  All I can tell ya is I have more fun just randomly playing with you all, but maybe that's 'cause everyone doesn't get told to shut up every 5 seconds.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

01-17-2009, 04:36 AM

yeah, I said "fuck you trace" earlier today and it was actively discouraged... I was confused... lost and confused... and then ianki tried to touch my special place and I found my way again. 

Yes, this is all the constructive material I've got for this.

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

01-17-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA

You know what I like? I just like knowing that there's a set time when I can play with all of you guys and when more of you will show up than usual.

I like knowing that on a Tuesday or a Friday, more of you will be in one place at one time, and that's enough, 'cause I generally like playing with you folks and the antics that come up when that happens.

If this time were no longer set and people just... showed up whenever, I'd feel that the initial reason I'm here will pretty much be gone, and I'll be sad.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

01-17-2009, 06:09 AM

(01-17-2009, 04:43 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote:
everyone Wrote:BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA

You know what I like? I just like knowing that there's a set time when I can play with all of you guys and when more of you will show up than usual.

I like knowing that on a Tuesday or a Friday, more of you will be in one place at one time, and that's enough, 'cause I generally like playing with you folks and the antics that come up when that happens.

If this time were no longer set and people just... showed up whenever, I'd feel that the initial reason I'm here will pretty much be gone, and I'll be sad.

This. Though lately I tend to take naps a few hours before TFT and FNF and end up sleeping right through them. I demand everyone waits for me.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

01-17-2009, 07:34 AM

i Didnt mean cancel it

i was just saying it isnt as good as it used to be, and with scotty and cfff both having busy lives nowadays, and a lot of the old crowd i used to hang with gone/not turning up its just personaly as good for me.

and the maps comment, im all for trying new maps, but way back we only did maps we wanted, we didnt scout fpsb for any ramdom map jsut so we could have some random maps

didnt mean any offence to scotty or caff

Riosan
EPIC teamkiller

01-17-2009, 09:04 AM

no micspam limits, optional class limits, very occasional new map tests, rps, pickups, just dicking around.

And then TFT/FNF would be good again.

ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

01-17-2009, 09:42 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I'm just generally pretty busy on Tue and Fri now, which is unfortunate, because TFT and FNF are my favorite times to play.    I haven't been to FNF in a couple months, so I can't really comment on what's happened there, but for TFT, personally, I like the map testing aspect of it, since if we didn't do that, we wouldn't find some of the maps we really love (like Wacky Races).

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Geoff
Real World Azn

01-17-2009, 10:05 AM

(01-17-2009, 02:12 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Since everyone seems to want to try something fresh, Luca, Geoff, or Karrde, which one of you would like to run TFT next week?

No admin and finals next week :x

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

01-17-2009, 12:43 PM

(01-17-2009, 04:36 AM)A. Crow link Wrote: yeah, I said "fuck you trace" earlier today
I haven't heard that in so long  Big Grin But all talk was off so I didn't actually get to hear it  :'(
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

01-17-2009, 01:15 PM

DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA! I'm really sick of all the drama floating around the Interwebs these days. First it was the Destructoid stuff, now you guys. We should all just start calling January Internet Drama Month. [/rant]

Ok now to be constructive. You know what the secret to FNF is/was? That there was no secret. All it was originally was bunch of guys playing TF2 on a server Caff and Kor ran. That was it. Of course it has evolved since then with the RPSs and the pickups and stuff, but those things were never the core aspect of FNF. The core experience of the BRBu flavored FNF was always just playing PC games with a bunch of other people who like PC games, no matter the skill level or background, in a casual/laid-back atmosphere. From that the memes and other stuff grew. So my suggestion is a return to our roots. For one night a week, let's remove all the restrictions (aside from maybe the password) and get together to play some TF2. We can still try out a new map or two, but don't force things like RPSs or pickups. Just play some TF2 old fashioned style and see how things develop. From there maybe new ideas or memes will emerge. Like Luin said, the real draw of FNF is knowing there will be a bunch of cool people there to hang out and play TF2 with for a couple of hours.

As far as the state of the server during pub time goes, I would also like to see a return to a set rotation with RTV there to break up the monotony if a bunch of regulars join. There is no magic formula for creating a rotation. It's all about experimentation and seeing what works and what doesn't. I also don't think we should be afraid to change it fairly often. Of course I realize this is a lot of work that people never seem keen on doing. Maybe someone besides Caff would like to volunteer for creating some rotations for a while? Hell, maybe we could even make a contest out of it.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-17-2009, 01:29 PM

I'd have to go with Cheese on this one.
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

01-17-2009, 03:24 PM

The reason i never show up is purely mic spam. you get 25 people with mics who all love to talk and it becomes pretty unplayable. if i mute the entire server then whats the point of being there?
also, bad maps i will never play again so i dont feel like learning them.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-17-2009, 03:27 PM

(01-17-2009, 03:24 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: The reason i never show up is purely mic spam. you get 25 people with mics who all love to talk and it becomes pretty unplayable. if i mute the entire server then whats the point of being there?
also, bad maps i will never play again so i dont feel like learning them.
you don't have to mute all of them.

You could just mute a few off the menu and then be done with it.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

01-17-2009, 03:46 PM

(01-17-2009, 02:07 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: I was with you until you said this:

[quote author=Ye Salty Karth link=topic=2164.msg61762#msg61762 date=1232175786]
3. Exclusiveness. Ok, I still remember before I joined this place, when it was still dtoid. I saw that TFT sign and I wanted in. BUT. I. WASN'T. ALLOWED. IN. So why, all of a sudden, do we let the commoner in our private nights? If we let anyone and everyone in, then it just becomes a pub with a locked door, but the key's already in. The reason I joined was so I could get in here, but now that it seems we've dropped that, our community's gotten smaller. I encourage that we tighten up our "requirements". (Also based off the fact that all we get are people who complain, I also suggest a pw change)

You're incredibly retarded. The first time I ever played on the dtoid servers was during fnf. All that you had to do to get in was read the fnf post, remember the pass, and click join server the fastest. And speaking unwell of "commoners" doesn't help the dwindling population at all.
[/quote]

Actually, i'm with Karth with that. People are complaining that FNF is just a locked server with pubs on it. More than once i haven't been able to play there because the server is full of pubs i've never seen before (must be from Dtoid, Dakota or people who invite friends). It's that kind of people that make FNFs and TFTs so boring, they don't talk, and just micspam. More than FNFs we should have community nights or something like that. If people from Dtoid or nice pubs want to join, they're welcome to join the server all week and the forums.
Seriously, a nice example of this it ATF. I usually play there when the brb.u servers are empty, and that's a nice community. They also have this plugin that kick pubs if a regular wants to join (maybe we have it too, but the server has over 200+ SteamIDs registered). And it's really fun to play there, there's no micspam even if they have alltalk on.

Don't get me wrong, i <3 TFT and FNFs, but having that many pubs there is just plain annoying

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

01-17-2009, 05:16 PM

I say that the game is just getting a bit old for most of us.

Also, I still won't tolerate mic spam.

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

01-17-2009, 05:27 PM

(01-17-2009, 03:46 PM)Vongore link Wrote: Seriously, a nice example of this it ATF. I usually play there when the brb.u servers are empty, and that's a nice community. They also have this plugin that kick pubs if a regular wants to join (maybe we have it too, but the server has over 200+ SteamIDs registered). And it's really fun to play there, there's no micspam even if they have alltalk on.

wat

ATF is terrible, and they have their fair share of incredibly annoying regulars that think the only way to win is to be the player who holds down "v" the longest. The only server's I've found that are worse are servers that run mario_kart.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

01-17-2009, 06:08 PM

Hmmm there hasn't been a class update in a while...

fyre
BRB, Posting

01-17-2009, 06:55 PM

(01-17-2009, 05:16 PM)Metal Lemur Solid link Wrote: I say that the game is just getting a bit old for most of us.

Maybe we should take a couple week break from TF2. (I haven't been playing recently anyway. Mainly because of lack of time.)
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

01-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Maybe we ought to spend a few fridays playing something other than TF2 to rekindle our spirits again. UT2k4, Serious Sam, Garrysmod, Battlefield 1942, anything really as long as we can fuck around.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
fyre
BRB, Posting

01-17-2009, 07:02 PM

CODUO
Thread Closed